HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you give up to get a lottery pick this summer?

Old
01-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
What would you give up to get a lottery pick this summer?

Obviously the Islanders don't make a good trade partner but St Louis, Atlanta, Ottawa maybe LA could all be in the lottery this summer.

What would you offer to entice the 1st out of one of these teams?

Remember , you have to give to get.

01-22-2009, 12:12 AM
blueliner94

TBH I think all talks start and end with Hank there is no one on this roster that I would want besides him if I was another gm

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:15 AM
ecemleafs

gomez rissmiller redden 1st rounder for Tampa's 1st rounder Lecavalier and stamkos.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
gomez rissmiller redden 1st rounder for Tampa's 1st rounder Lecavalier and stamkos.
You forgot the ... I hope.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
TBH I think all talks start and end with Hank there is no one on this roster that I would want besides him if I was another gm
I think you could add Staal to that

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:44 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Willing to part with all of these...value from 1-10, based on everything from contract, to play, and how much they can pull.

Staal - 10
Dubinsky - 9
Girardi - 8
Dawes - 7.5
Prucha - 6.5
Gomez - 6.5
Fritsche - 5
Kalinin - 5
Redden - 3
Voros - 2.5

So from what you can see, I feel that if we want to get a big name player, we have to trade from the top down.

Staal has ridiculous value, and is by far our biggest trading chip. The only real issue is, it'd hurt us like hell to trade him. He's an RFA for 2 more years after this one, and has an absolutely dirt cheap contract. He is a shut down defenseman who at the age of 21 is showing he's in a different league then NHL Veterans Rozsival and Redden. He doesn't score much, yet has the best +/- on the team for a defense man, and he is starting to show an offensive edge which is evolving extremely fast (did you see him the other night when we used him to PP the QB for about 30 seconds, he drove right to the net, put it right in, but it was unfortunately waved off), and will probably evolve into a 40-50 point defense man by the time he turns 24-25.

Dubinsky has considerable value, he is an RFA for whatever team signs him, is in a slump sophmore season so he may not command much, and obviously a very skilled player. Dubinsky is also replaceable by Anisimov, who would be a perfectly fine 3rd line center if we called him up after the all-star break, he's ready now.

Girardi I feel also has considerable value, RFA, good contract that expires next season, responsible defensively, great defensive edge, young, and he is replaceable by the Rangers prospects in Del Zotto and Sanguinetti. If we do not receive a defense man in return, both Potter and apparently Sangs are ready for the big leagues.

Dawes I feel has considerable value as well, he is an RFA, and has been silently putting up excellent numbers. He has great hands and there are definitely a considerable amount of teams interested in him.

Prucha could be tough to shop. His talent has been seen, but he's not at his highest value now, and his contract could be tougher to move then the other RFA's. There is also the issue of us resigning him come next season, is he really worth 1.6 million on such a salary tight team? Do you really think he'll take a pay cut to stay on a team that punishes his hard work?

Gomez has talent, but would be hard to move. I could see us maybe packaging him in a deal to TBL, if they traded Lecavlier (not necessarily to us) but that doesn't seem to make all that much sense for them. If MTL could clear considerable space I could see Gomez both going and flourishing there, possibly even being worth 3/4ths of his contract.

Fritsche doesn't really have talent but he is obviously unhappy here and may even request a trade, might just be a throw in amongst something larger.

Kalinin could be moved, his contract is a bit pricey, but it's just a one year deal. I could definitely see him being shopped. The only issue is...it's not really a secret that he.....well that he ya know...sucks.

Redden will be moved if we can just find anyone to take his contract. I'd imagine a trade involving him would include us throwing a first or second round pick in it too if we were to even get a starting player in return.

Voros...lol

Last edited by t3hg00se: 01-22-2009 at 12:49 AM.
t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

I know I wouldn't trade Henrik and Staal for sure, and those are the only two guys I see a lottery team being interested in.

Does Dubinsky, Girardi, and a 1st get it done? Are we talking Tavares or 2nd overall and lower?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:00 AM
In The Flesh

Only way is if one of STL, ATL, TB finish last

OTT and LA aren't

and imo if we aren't getting the 1st overall it aint worth it

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:05 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Only way is if one of STL, ATL, TB finish last

OTT and LA aren't

and imo if we aren't getting the 1st overall it aint worth it
I basically agree. If it could get us into the top 3, I'd be willing to part with anybody but Staal/Hank. The likelihood of that happening without one of them, though, is obviously extremely unlikely. I might be willing to give up a couple of firsts if we could sweeten the deal up enough to get it done without those two.

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 03:08 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Forget Tavares. I want Hedman.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 03:52 AM
t3hg00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I basically agree. If it could get us into the top 3, I'd be willing to part with anybody but Staal/Hank. The likelihood of that happening without one of them, though, is obviously extremely unlikely. I might be willing to give up a couple of firsts if we could sweeten the deal up enough to get it done without those two.
With the track record of our first round picks, trading two first rounders and a guy like Dubinsky would be worth it.

Old
01-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
For whatever reason... Im more interested in MSP than Tavares.. and Hedman over both.

HOWEVER, with Staal and DZ looking like they may wind up a considerable 1-2 for the Rangers... and the fact we lost Chere... [yes, I know about Grachev], we could still use a homegrown offensive talent like MSP.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 04:57 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I would give up anything other than Lundqvist and Staal, though I would prefer to not move Zherdev, Callahan or Dubinsky unless absolutely necessary.

By the way, I'd rather do this NEXT season. Taylor Hall would look really good in Ranger Blue.

Last edited by NYR Sting: 01-22-2009 at 05:03 AM.
NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 05:07 AM
t3hg00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I would give up anything other than Lundqvist and Staal, though I would prefer to not move Zherdev, Callahan or Dubinsky unless absolutely necessary.

By the way, I'd rather do this NEXT season. Taylor Hall would look really good in Ranger Blue.
You really don't think Dubinsky is expendable for the right price Sting? Especially with the presence of Anisimov, wouldn't it be a waste to have both? You don't think one of them should be moved?

Old
01-22-2009, 05:42 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
You really don't think Dubinsky is expendable for the right price Sting? Especially with the presence of Anisimov, wouldn't it be a waste to have both? You don't think one of them should be moved?
Don't get me wrong, if he is the difference between making a deal and not, then yes, I would, but we also don't know what Anisimov will do at the NHL level yet, and I happen to think that Dubinsky is going to be a very good 2nd line player in this league. He's also the closest thing to an Adam Graves we have, and I'd prefer to hold onto him if possible.

Look, if the difference between acquiring the first pick in the draft is Dubi, then yes, I would do it. If the difference between acquiring a Kovalchuk was Dubi, I would do it.

Old
01-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Nyrvana

I'd give up anybody but Staal, and Henrik. You get superstars in this league from the early picks of the Draft (Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Heatley, Gaborik) with that being said no one is dumb enough to trade those picks for the bunch of rejects we have.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:27 AM
jniklast

if we are guaranteed at least 2nd overall, i'd give up staal, i mean hedman projects to be even better than him!

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:45 AM
NYRSchrute217

If it means getting Hedman, I just might be willing to part with Dmitri Kalinin.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:46 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
if we are guaranteed at least 2nd overall, i'd give up staal, i mean hedman projects to be even better than him!
Key word. Staal is already one of the best defenders in the game at age 21. Hedman is a beast, but he, like anyone else has a chance to be a bust.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:07 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

If the Rangers were to trade Staal or Lundqvist i really dont think i could watch this team until Sather was finished, i'd be disgusted.

I have said plenty of times we should be building round

Hank
Staal
Girardi
Callahan
Zherdev
Dubinsky

With the addition of these youngsters in the next 1-3 yrs

Sanguinetti
Del Zotto
Grachev
Anisimov

Dont get me wrong there is a few players listed that i would part with if it was the difference between getting a genuine elite scorer (which we are desperate for), but for me Hank and Staal should be career Rangers.

There is no way Staal should be included in any deal to get a higher draft pick even 1 or 2, Staal has proven he can play and be the teams best dman 9 nights out of 10, why trade him for someone who may or may not be able to live up to what Staal could become or has already become.

Tavares and Hedman will no doubt be fantastic players but we should be looking to get rid of the higher earners if we want to trade up (yeah yeah who'll want them ),

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:17 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
The sad thing is we are talking about giving up solid proven NHL players for a potential NHL player. All the potential in the world does not translate into a player better then the ones we are talking about giving up.

I would have to say unless they want prospects/picks for prospects and picks then forget it.

Enjoy the cellar lottery teams.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:28 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan_79 View Post
The sad thing is we are talking about giving up solid proven NHL players for a potential NHL player. All the potential in the world does not translate into a player better then the ones we are talking about giving up.

I would have to say unless they want prospects/picks for prospects and picks then forget it.

Enjoy the cellar lottery teams.
Let's look at some other teams that were recently in the lottery: Chicago, Boston, Washington.

Old
01-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 50
If were talking about the #1 overall, Tavares...

Dubinsky, 1st 09, 1st 10, 2nd 09, Dawes/2nd 11

If were talkin about #2 overall, Hedman

Girardi/DZ/Sangs (depends on what they are lookin for), 1st 09, 1st 10, 2nd 09, 3rd 10

3rd overall which could be a few diff choices...

1st 09, 1st 10, 2nd 09 3rd 10

A draft choice that high can be a player who could be the anchor of this team for years to come.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Forget Tavares. I want Hedman.
The one thing the Rangers desperately lack is top flight offensive talent. The logical choice would be Tavares, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Let's look at some other teams that were recently in the lottery: Chicago, Boston, Washington.
Exactly. And Pittsburgh drafted Malik, Crosby, Fleury, Whitney and Staal in the top 5. This year has been a setback but they're poised to be at the top of the conference for years.

It's just pain.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 01-22-2009 at 09:07 AM.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

The one thing the Rangers desperately lack is top flight offensive talent. The logical choice would be Tavares, no?

Exactly. And Pittsburgh drafted Malik, Crosby, Fleury, Whitney and Staal in the top 5. This year has been a setback but they're poised to be at the top of the conference for years.
He may be, however if Staal is the difference between getting the #1 and number 2 I would be PERFECTLY fine with having a less offensively talented team with a true #1 shut down Dman in Staal, and a TRUE offensive defenseman who can anchor the Rangers PP for years as our #2. That would be the top #1-2 combo in the league in 3 years unless you some how get Phaneuf and Bouwmeester/Greene on the same team.

So while I do want Tavares and would be willing to give up what I consider to be fair yet a great deal for him, I would NOT be dissapointed with Hedman one bit.

If its Staal 1st 09, 1st 10, 2nd 09 3rd 09 for the 1st overall

or Dubinsky 1st 09, 1st 10, 2nd 09, for the 2nd overall, Im sorry Im taking Hedman.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote