HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter and Richards

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Jobu

vCash: 500
Carter and Richards

What are the ETAs and upsides, in terms of points as well as qualitatively, of these guys?

Old
03-07-2004, 07:59 PM
bobbyboucher24

Well, Carter has been compared to Sundin, and Richards has been compared to Mike Ricci, so points wise, you could get a rough estimate. Now, since they were drafted, both players have probably exceeded expectations to a degree. Carter probably still compares to a Sundin, but Richards has definitely improved significantly since the draft. Defesively, he could still be a Ricci, but with more of an offensive upside. As for an ETA on both players, I think that depends on the Flyers current centers. If Roenick or Primeau are not back next year, then I think its possible that Richards could make the roster. I think Carter is still best served seeing another year in juniors regardless of the Flyers C situation. 05-06 is probably when we will see both in Flyers uniforms.

Old
03-07-2004, 08:45 PM
RiellyGood

I didnt see who he was fighting but Richards just took out some aggression against the knights after the game and pounded the **** out of (Bois?)

Old
03-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyboucher24
Well, Carter has been compared to Sundin, and Richards has been compared to Mike Ricci, so points wise, you could get a rough estimate. Now, since they were drafted, both players have probably exceeded expectations to a degree. Carter probably still compares to a Sundin, but Richards has definitely improved significantly since the draft. Defesively, he could still be a Ricci, but with more of an offensive upside. As for an ETA on both players, I think that depends on the Flyers current centers. If Roenick or Primeau are not back next year, then I think its possible that Richards could make the roster. I think Carter is still best served seeing another year in juniors regardless of the Flyers C situation. 05-06 is probably when we will see both in Flyers uniforms.
Carter can play in the NHL next year. He is obviously better than his peers. Richards may be the better junior player right now, but will need another year to develop before making the big jump.

Old
03-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberFan
I didnt see who he was fighting but Richards just took out some aggression against the knights after the game and pounded the **** out of (Bois?)
Rick Steadman, all Steadman did was 'hug' Richards and Richards was content to hit him in the back of the head about 15 times. After the fight Richards skated away looking at his hand... he may have injured it.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:55 AM
killer9318

i have heard that richards was being compared to doug gilmour. if im a flyer fan im hoping he is a gilmour rather than a ricci, but i dont think he is as good a gilmour was.

Old
03-08-2004, 01:20 PM
mcphee

Richards impressed me so much at the WJC. He is very sound fundamentally and does all the little things well. It wouldn't surprise me if he made it sooner rather than later.

Old
03-08-2004, 05:22 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkboots
i have heard that richards was being compared to doug gilmour. if im a flyer fan im hoping he is a gilmour rather than a ricci, but i dont think he is as good a gilmour was.
well, the comparisons to Ricci were with more offensive upside, which is very good. hopefully he will turn out to be another Gilmour but realistically, he will probably be in between Gilmour and Ricci.

Old
03-08-2004, 05:40 PM
RoDu

I've heard Carter compared to a less physical Thornton

Old
03-08-2004, 06:02 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I've heard Carter compared to a less physical Thornton
from a few people who have seen him play, Carter has been compared to Mats Sundin.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Mikey 71

I have seen Carter a few dozen times here in the Soo and the Thornton minus fighting is the more accurate comparison. I can say that having watched Thornton at the same age many times here as well. I do feel sorry for the guy though. He has been horribly misused by a rookie coach this year. He gets double-shifted a ton but his minutes are not even smart minutes. The guy kills 3/4 of a penalty, sits for that last 30 seconds, then is out there again. Yeah, a time or two in hopes of tying a game is ok, but it happens all the time. He also doesn't have near the supporting cast that Richards has, thus he is just burnt out right now carrying the team on his back.

Closed Thread