HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

HNA question

Old
01-26-2009, 04:00 AM
dagr81

vCash: 500
HNA question

I live in the Detroit area and recently looked at the Hockey North America website, I was wondering if anybody on here is a part of the HNA anywhere in the country. I'm asking this question because I think I want to join, but i am 24 and I was wondering if I was too young to join, thanks in advance

dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 04:11 AM
OilerNut*

I am in the HNA program. Started in the beginner league in 2004 when I was 24 as well. I was probably the youngest guy there but not by much, most guys are in their early 30s.
It seems to be a well run league, but on the expensive side and their uniform requirements are a bit harsh. It is a great way to start though to get to know some guys and you can go from there.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
EmptyNetter

This is my third season with HNA in Boston. I joined an existing D-level team rather than going through the Beginner program and starting with a new one. I really enjoy playing with them and there's a wide range of 20 to 50-somethings playing at my level. My team just happens to be on the older side -- I'm among the youngest at 39.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Blackjack

I'm in HNA in North Jersey. It's okay, but it's way too expensive (especially considering the ****** ice times we get). I'm in the middle of my second season and pretty entrenched with my team, but I honestly wish I had just stuck to house leagues and open hockey.

If you do the math, the league gets about $700 a game. Absolutely rediculous when some games start as late as 10:45 PM on a weeknight.

My advice is to give the house leagues and the open hockey a chance first. If they're no good, or if they're just above your level, you can decide if HNA is worth the price of admission.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote