HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jason Spezza

Old
01-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc-edouard grier View Post
*standing ovation*

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Anasazi

I hate the ignorance the Spezza threads bring

Ya know I actually read on the Sens board (not on HF, the "offical" one) someone said they should trade him for Jay-Bo

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
marc-edouard grier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanadian View Post

Thank you for your insight and perspective. It is all too often lost on the "gold diggers" hoping to pick up our franchise centre, who is often crticized from the media and fans (and coaching staff) because everyone knows he can be better. AND, he has been getting better. He consistently improves in areas he is criticized for. He works very hard at it AND he never, ever compains about the scrutiny and level of criticism he unnecessarily receives. Jason Spezza is a class act as well as being our franchise centre. We are lucky to have him and he should not be moved whatsoever.

It is nice to finally see another team's fan show some clarity too. I think the Joe Thornton situation, even if you don't want to compare the players themselves, is quite similar to the situation that Jason Spezza is in. It would ruin Murray's career to move Spezza. He would in a few years become the next Harry Sinden, as the smaller parts you would get back would just not amount to enough and it would quite likely turn out to be a terrible deal.
Yeah, the whole point I was trying to bring in was the eerie similarity of the situations that the fans want the players offed for.

marc-edouard grier is offline   Reply With Quote