HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Joe Pavelski

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2009, 02:30 AM
  #1
harro92
Registered User
 
harro92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Joe Pavelski

He is a 2nd line center at least
if u wanted him who would you trade to get him

harro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 02:31 AM
  #2
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,369
vCash: 500
Sharks are not trading him.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 02:36 AM
  #3
DarKarTs
Registered User
 
DarKarTs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DarKarTs Send a message via MSN to DarKarTs Send a message via Skype™ to DarKarTs
No one wants him hes garbage

DarKarTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 02:43 AM
  #4
harro92
Registered User
 
harro92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
i no sharks arent trading him i just want to no
who would be given up for if they had to

harro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 02:54 AM
  #5
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,491
vCash: 500
Top 15 draft pick

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:05 AM
  #6
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,780
vCash: 500
Crosby's first born child, a quarter pound of quality weed and a conditional 6th rounder.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 05:44 AM
  #7
trademasterb*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
Crosby's first born child, a quarter pound of quality weed and a conditional 6th rounder.
He's not a second line center. He's under 6 feet and most of his offense is because he's on such a strong team. Put him on another team and you are looking at maybe 7 goals, 19 A about now. He's a solid player. Nothing more.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 10:33 AM
  #8
snaggle toof
Registered User
 
snaggle toof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
He's not a second line center. He's under 6 feet and most of his offense is because he's on such a strong team. Put him on another team and you are looking at maybe 7 goals, 19 A about now. He's a solid player. Nothing more.
I didn't know you had to be over 6 feet tall to be a second line center. Plus he plays center on the second line, so guess what, that would make him a second line center.
He is the reason that the Sharks can move Marleau to wing, and there is no chance he will be traded.

snaggle toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
  #9
bigwillie
Registered User
 
bigwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 6,115
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
He's not a second line center. He's under 6 feet and most of his offense is because he's on such a strong team. Put him on another team and you are looking at maybe 7 goals, 19 A about now. He's a solid player. Nothing more.
So if you put him on a different team, would his stellar defensive play disappear too? How about his work ethic? Or his superb vision and hockey IQ? How about his wrist-shot?

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:09 AM
  #10
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by byter View Post
I didn't know you had to be over 6 feet tall to be a second line center. Plus he plays center on the second line, so guess what, that would make him a second line center.
He is the reason that the Sharks can move Marleau to wing, and there is no chance he will be traded.
Your logic is almost as flawed as his. Playing on the 2nd line does not automatically make you a second line calibre player. It just means you're probably the 2nd best option on that team for that position.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:09 AM
  #11
Rathmar
Registered User
 
Rathmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Pavelski's strong play enabled Marleau to move from second line center to first line winger. I'd think that says a lot about his abilities right there.

I think it'll take another year or two, and maybe some higher scoreboard finishes for Pavelski to get respect on a national scale.

Like most West Coast teams.

Rathmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:44 AM
  #12
snaggle toof
Registered User
 
snaggle toof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Your logic is almost as flawed as his. Playing on the 2nd line does not automatically make you a second line calibre player. It just means you're probably the 2nd best option on that team for that position.
No, Marleau would be the second best option, however the Sharks managment feel that he(pavelski) is a quality second line player, which gives them the option of putting Marleau up on the first line. But I forgot, this is HF boards where posters know more about players than GM's and Coaches do.

snaggle toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
  #13
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by byter View Post
No, Marleau would be the second best option, however the Sharks managment feel that he(pavelski) is a quality second line player, which gives them the option of putting Marleau up on the first line. But I forgot, this is HF boards where posters know more about players than GM's and Coaches do.
You have tunnel vision I see. I was refuting your argument that a player playing on the 2nd line for a team makes him a second liner and that's not the case. Much like Jordan Staal is not a '3rd line' centre, some players are not '2nd line' players just because they play there. But it's good to see you're not taking a suck about it.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
  #14
snaggle toof
Registered User
 
snaggle toof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
You have tunnel vision I see. I was refuting your argument that a player playing on the 2nd line for a team makes him a second liner and that's not the case. Much like Jordan Staal is not a '3rd line' centre, some players are not '2nd line' players just because they play there. But it's good to see you're not taking a suck about it.

It was'nt a blanket statment, it was a statment pertaining to the conversation at hand. We were talking about Pavelski, you know the guy playing second line center on the 1st place team in the league. He is good enough to play second line for the Sharks and I suspect he would be good enough to crack most teams second lines.

snaggle toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
  #15
Artful_Dodger*
 
Artful_Dodger*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The CLT
Posts: 4,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
You have tunnel vision I see. I was refuting your argument that a player playing on the 2nd line for a team makes him a second liner and that's not the case. Much like Jordan Staal is not a '3rd line' centre, some players are not '2nd line' players just because they play there. But it's good to see you're not taking a suck about it.
Or Mike Fisher. 3rd line center playing on the 2nd line.

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 12:06 PM
  #16
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by byter View Post
It was'nt a blanket statment, it was a statment pertaining to the conversation at hand. We were talking about Pavelski, you know the guy playing second line center on the 1st place team in the league. He is good enough to play second line for the Sharks and I suspect he would be good enough to crack most teams second lines.
Fair enough, but you're still using logic that is flawed, it just so happens to work in this situation.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 12:07 PM
  #17
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
Or Mike Fisher. 3rd line center playing on the 2nd line.
You're preaching to the choir.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 12:23 PM
  #18
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Flames offer Lombardi and a pick.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
  #19
sauce
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Buffalo offers Pominville & Tallinder for Pavelski & Murray.

sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 01:03 PM
  #20
druncan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: the city
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
He's not a second line center. He's under 6 feet and most of his offense is because he's on such a strong team. Put him on another team and you are looking at maybe 7 goals, 19 A about now. He's a solid player. Nothing more.
pavelski isn't a basketball player.

druncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
  #21
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce View Post
Buffalo offers Pominville & Tallinder for Pavelski & Murray.
Yikes.

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 01:22 PM
  #22
sauce
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
Yikes.
You no like?

sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
  #23
ThorntonFan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
Pavelski is a stud. He will put up 75-85 points consistantly in his prime. He really reminds me of Alfredsson with his great shot, dominance on the powerplay and his strength for a small guy. He consistently goes down to block shots. He will be the sharks next captain and is probably the sharks most clutch player tied with marleau. I wouldn't trade him for pominville and Tallinder not to mention Murray.

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:09 PM
  #24
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,824
vCash: 500
I'll give you a dvd of Shrek the 3rd and Steve Begin...

It's a joke, but for real, I don't think he's worth much as of right now, sharks are better off keeping him. If not trade him to Atlanta for Schneider to further solidify your all ready amazing D, I know not a good trade, but I don't think he has value, and I really don't think sharks will be getting rid of him anytime soon.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:10 PM
  #25
voxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 11,075
vCash: 500
If he were on the Oilers he might be our 1st line center

Value-wise? Top-15 draft pick or second-pairing D-man (i.e top-4... crazy crazy values for them right now).

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.