HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garrioch Chat Transcript

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Matts

vCash: 500
Garrioch Chat Transcript

http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/NewCh...&ACTION=LAUNCH

Some good stuff there, ie Lindros to B's before his last injury, Garrioch saying that Racunek alone won't bring back Smith and that the only place Mess will go is Edm.

Also, the indentifaction of nine Rags that were to be moved.

I'll say it right now, if the Leaves get De Vries they win the Cup.

Old
03-07-2004, 02:20 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts

Some good stuff there, ie Lindros to B's before his last injury, Garrioch saying that Racunek alone won't bring back Smith and that the only place Mess will go is Edm.

An interesting comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrioch
I think its great to see Edmonton, Montreal and Ottawa being active, but I also believe that the landscape in the NHL has changed. Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton are no longer small markets, theyre amongst the leagues healthiest markets. These teams are just reacting because they can rent players at a relatively low price to give themselves a shot at the Cup.
Times are a-changin'...

One of Garrioch's columns said that Muckler has offered Lowe Rachunek and a pick in return for Jason Smith, but Lowe has turned him down. Anybody else hoping he reconsiders? Rachunek could be a great pickup for the long term, and Smith could potentially be gone before next season.

Old
03-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Matts

Well I really like De Vries

so I think he can make that much difference. The Leaves D will be great and Belfour will be great if healthy. And they are so deep that they'll be able to score if even two guys are out.

As for Smith and when to deal him, you can move him this summer but you have to weigh whether a desperate team would pay more for him now rather than shopping him this summer to a team that can sign him longterm.

Of course there's lots of money that could come off the Oilers books so they might sign Gator and go with 21-24-2-5 and two of Bergy, Lynch and Woywitka as the 5-6. That would be three young kids in the top six but also three vets to take some icetime and Semi has played lots of 20 min games.

So there are options.

Old
03-07-2004, 02:29 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

A guy I've been kind of thinking about as a possible UFA signing this summer is Zhitnik. I haven't followed him that closely, but I do know he can log a ton of minutes and run a power-play.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
An interesting comment:

Times are a-changin'...

One of Garrioch's columns said that Muckler has offered Lowe Rachunek and a pick in return for Jason Smith, but Lowe has turned him down. Anybody else hoping he reconsiders? Rachunek could be a great pickup for the long term, and Smith could potentially be gone before next season.
I think that the Rachunek deal looks good, but I hope that Lowe is just holding out for a different sort of package.

I'm praying that the Flyers come calling with one of their blue chip centers.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts

I'm not even close to being a Maple Leafs fan but if the Leafs won the cup I'd be happy - just to not have one of Colorado, Dallas, New Jersey, and Detroit win for once.

The added attraction of Toronto being Canadian is also there.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:47 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I find it great that teams competing for the cup (ie. Leafs, Flyers, Colorado etc.) are so active and competitive with each other. If one team makes a move, the other is inclined to make one to match them. As a result, they are willing to overpay a little more to get the players of their choice. That's always good news for sellers.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Superfluous U

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
I'm not even close to being a Maple Leafs fan but if the Leafs won the cup I'd be happy - just to not have one of Colorado, Dallas, New Jersey, and Detroit win for once.

The added attraction of Toronto being Canadian is also there.
If Toronto wins, I won't hear the end of it from my roommate for a year. I live in Vancouver, so if they win, it will be even worse. I don't even have to say why I can't endorse the Flames winning. Montreal would be alright, I guess. Really, other than Edmonton, Ottawa is the only Canadian team I would really cheer for.

Closed Thread