HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we bring picture camera to hockey game?

Old
01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
Can we bring picture camera to hockey game?

I got my picture camera and im going to the all star game tomorrow...and wondering if it is forbidden to bring your camera there....

Yes...i dont go see hockey live to offen, but for this game.....hell ya!

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Originalsix

It's strange, cause there are signs that say no flash photography, I've been to games with my Digital Camera, and have had no problems taking photo's. Maybe just keep the camera in your coat pocket out of sight until you get inside. Also don't bring a back, because I think you have to check it in with the Bell Center folks.

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 09:32 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
It's strange, cause there are signs that say no flash photography, I've been to games with my Digital Camera, and have had no problems taking photo's. Maybe just keep the camera in your coat pocket out of sight until you get inside. Also don't bring a back, because I think you have to check it in with the Bell Center folks.
They occasionally check bags (I think? Don't carry a purse so I wouldn't remember). Just bring a coat and put it in there. The ushers might tell you to put your camera away if they catch you with it. When I was there for Roy's jersey retirement, they did this to some guy who wanted to film the Patty Roy ceremony.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Stradale

On the entrance, theres a "no camera" sign but i dont think they mind that much. Dont bring a professional SLR with all the stuffs. A normal digital camera should be okay.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 09:36 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
On the entrance, theres a "no camera" sign but i dont think they mind that much. Dont bring a professional SLR with all the stuffs. A normal digital camera should be okay.
This.

Only a few arena's don't allow SLR's though.. Toronto, Montreal, Detroit.. maybe a few others.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
It's tolerated, just use common sense when to snap.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
They don't care about a little camera with a built in flash.

The best thing to do is phone ahead, but if you have a point-and-shoot it's OK. If you want to take some good pictures I recommend getting a 12Megapixel point and shoot, downloading the pics & returning the damn thing on Monday.

And for God's sake if you're close to the glass don't keep your flash on.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 09:53 PM
la25ecoupe

I brought mine and took videos.. they dont really care.

But i was on blue row D so the flash don't get to the ice..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 10:24 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Picture Camera...

As opposed to the masterpiece portrait camera

Old
01-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Originalsix

Another tip, regarding taking photo's in game and during pre-game events - lighting is a big issue. Even with a flash, the picture usually sucks hard or comes out grainy or dark. I've found on my camera and a buddies is that if you switch the mode to ISO (it'll be labeled ISO or something similar) you will get a better picture in low light situations, i.e. when the game is being played. With ISO, the shutter stays open longer, to get as much light in as possible, thus getting a better clear picture.

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 07:14 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Another tip, regarding taking photo's in game and during pre-game events - lighting is a big issue. Even with a flash, the picture usually sucks hard or comes out grainy or dark. I've found on my camera and a buddies is that if you switch the mode to ISO (it'll be labeled ISO or something similar) you will get a better picture in low light situations, i.e. when the game is being played. With ISO, the shutter stays open longer, to get as much light in as possible, thus getting a better clear picture.
This is a good tip, although increasing ISO doesn't make your shutter stay open longer... it increases the sensitivity of the sensor inside the camera so less light is needed to take a picture. The downside of this is that you will get more "noise", little pixels of random colors. It's a good trade off though.

Take your flash off for sure... its only going to light up the first few rows of people in front of you anyhow and it will fool your camera into thinking there is enough light. Then all you'll see is the people in front of you lit up, and everything else will be really dark.

If you do these two things (flash off, iso increased), you should get some ok pictures. Just try to keep the camera steady because the shutter will stay open longer and you'll get blur if you move around. Good luck!

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
This is a good tip, although increasing ISO doesn't make your shutter stay open longer... it increases the sensitivity of the sensor inside the camera so less light is needed to take a picture. The downside of this is that you will get more "noise", little pixels of random colors. It's a good trade off though.

Take your flash off for sure... its only going to light up the first few rows of people in front of you anyhow and it will fool your camera into thinking there is enough light. Then all you'll see is the people in front of you lit up, and everything else will be really dark.

If you do these two things (flash off, iso increased), you should get some ok pictures. Just try to keep the camera steady because the shutter will stay open longer and you'll get blur if you move around. Good luck!
Last game I went to I gave up on taking pics during the warm ups and just opted to leave it on video. It kind of ruined the game for me because I was torn between watching the plays develop and trying to capture it. I guess it should be common sense to wait until stoppages though.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote