HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Coming to Tampa

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2009, 10:29 PM
CBJwheel

vCash: 500
Coming to Tampa

Hi, Lightning fans.

We're planning a trip down south in March for the Jackets/Lightning game. I had a few questions.

First of all, what kind of tickets to get. Looking at the arena map, it looks like there are three bowls, and the prices are a lot more different from Nationwide. Now we don't want to sit at the top jsut because they're affordable, but we're not exactly made of money, either. So we wondering the seat around the $70-80 range are worth the money. I *think* they were on the corner. Well, where do you think may be the best place to sit in the arena?

Also, how much can we expect to pay for parking? I remember we didn't have to worry about that for our Chicago trip, because we took a cab!

Are you guys hospitable to the "enemy" invading your territory? I mean obviously an obnoxious fan anywhere is bound to get some hate, but we're rather mild mannered. We just don't want to have any beer thrown on us or anything.

Any other information that might be helpful?

I looked for a thread on Tampa visitors, but I couldn't find one. So if this is out of place, I'm sorry.

Thanks!

Old
01-23-2009, 10:31 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
All I know is that I have bought tickets from a scalper on game day for $30.

And, as I was leaving (I was in a Panthers jersey, we won) some ********* spit on my car.

Old
01-24-2009, 01:45 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
All I know is that I have bought tickets from a scalper on game day for $30.

And, as I was leaving (I was in a Panthers jersey, we won) some ********* spit on my car.
Just spit? I'm disappointed...

Old
01-24-2009, 10:23 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJwheel View Post
Hi, Lightning fans.

We're planning a trip down south in March for the Jackets/Lightning game. I had a few questions.

First of all, what kind of tickets to get. Looking at the arena map, it looks like there are three bowls, and the prices are a lot more different from Nationwide. Now we don't want to sit at the top jsut because they're affordable, but we're not exactly made of money, either. So we wondering the seat around the $70-80 range are worth the money. I *think* they were on the corner. Well, where do you think may be the best place to sit in the arena?

Also, how much can we expect to pay for parking? I remember we didn't have to worry about that for our Chicago trip, because we took a cab!

Are you guys hospitable to the "enemy" invading your territory? I mean obviously an obnoxious fan anywhere is bound to get some hate, but we're rather mild mannered. We just don't want to have any beer thrown on us or anything.

Any other information that might be helpful?

I looked for a thread on Tampa visitors, but I couldn't find one. So if this is out of place, I'm sorry.

Thanks!
Theres always bad apples anywhere you go, but as long as you're not being a raging ******* or yelling at peoples kids, people will be cool to you.

Scalpers lately will hook you up for some lower bowl seats, cheap.

Old
01-24-2009, 10:29 AM
matt1

idk if your a student but if you have a student ID and you show up to the game you can get seats centerice about 8 rows up for 20$ i have done it twice and its sick

Old
01-24-2009, 11:51 AM
the mexican

Parking really depends.
If you get there early enough, there are meters on the north side of the forum. If you're on the later side, there are plenty of lots that cost anywhere from $8-$20 to park, and all are well within a five minute walk.

I recommend that you check out Channelside before and/or after the game. Its a two minute walk just east to the forum.

Old
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
idk if your a student but if you have a student ID and you show up to the game you can get seats centerice about 8 rows up for 20$ i have done it twice and its sick
This.

Quote:
Parking really depends.
If you get there early enough, there are meters on the north side of the forum. If you're on the later side, there are plenty of lots that cost anywhere from $8-$20 to park, and all are well within a five minute walk.

I recommend that you check out Channelside before and/or after the game. Its a two minute walk just east to the forum.
That too. Tons of great places. Hooters, Hattricks, Andys, etc. Always fun after the game.

Old
01-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Jacky Robert

Likewise, my family and I are travelling down to Orlando this February from Boston and want to take in a Lightning game while we are there. The game we are thinking of is the game on 2/17 (Tuesday) vs. Chicago.

What are the odds there will be tickets available at the rink on gameday? I really dont want to pay Ticketmaster charges, but dont feel like getting screwed by a sellout either. Any chance this game sells out or any tips on scoring Lighitning tickets and avoiding T-master charges?

Old
01-26-2009, 12:00 AM
GuinosWin71

hey guys... this is kinda related... i will be traveling to tampa for the superbowl.. i live in melbourne across the state and unfortunately i couldnt get tickets so i will be there to take in the atmosphere... i will be staying with a friend of a friend at USF but im looking for somewhere good to go for the game... any good sports bars you would recommend near USF or the stadium????

Old
01-26-2009, 12:33 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky Robert View Post
Likewise, my family and I are travelling down to Orlando this February from Boston and want to take in a Lightning game while we are there. The game we are thinking of is the game on 2/17 (Tuesday) vs. Chicago.

What are the odds there will be tickets available at the rink on gameday? I really dont want to pay Ticketmaster charges, but dont feel like getting screwed by a sellout either. Any chance this game sells out or any tips on scoring Lighitning tickets and avoiding T-master charges?
I can almost guarantee it is not going to sell out.

Old
01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinosWin71 View Post
hey guys... this is kinda related... i will be traveling to tampa for the superbowl.. i live in melbourne across the state and unfortunately i couldnt get tickets so i will be there to take in the atmosphere... i will be staying with a friend of a friend at USF but im looking for somewhere good to go for the game... any good sports bars you would recommend near USF or the stadium????
DUNDERBAKS!

They're opening a new one next to Acropolis on Bruce B. Downs.

Closed Thread