HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cool 2009 All Star Game Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
  #1
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Cool 2009 All Star Game Photos

Took some pics from the 2009 NHL All Star Game Jamboree with my IPhone. Thought I'd share some interesting ones... from the BIGGEST Pens fan in Montreal!
























SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:28 PM
  #2
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500





SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:30 PM
  #3
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500







SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM
  #4
PenguinGuru*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sexburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,861
vCash: 500
Wow those shrines are creepy!

Nah I'm kidding, they are pretty cool.

PenguinGuru* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:26 AM
  #5
FDBluth
Registered User
 
FDBluth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,818
vCash: 500
I was actually thinking of heading down to the All-Star Jamboree tomorrow. Is it worth it?

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:56 AM
  #6
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
For as much as I dislike that fan base, that city really knows how to celebrate. Damn.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:18 AM
  #7
sambo24
Registered User
 
sambo24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
those taken with the iphone?

dang, thats serious picture quality for a phone, may have to convert from the blackberry

sambo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:35 AM
  #8
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo24 View Post
those taken with the iphone?

dang, thats serious picture quality for a phone, may have to convert from the blackberry
It's a 2mp, which isn't bad and you can get a pretty clear picture from it, if it's in the daytime. I'll stick with the E71...touch screen phones are highly overrated.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:15 AM
  #9
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
I was actually thinking of heading down to the All-Star Jamboree tomorrow. Is it worth it?
In all honesty, the Jamboree really wasn't that interesting... its pretty much for kids since there's lots of videogames to play and mini hockey games to participate it. Other than that, you get to see the trophies. It costs $12 and you have only 2 hours to see everything.

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:16 AM
  #10
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo24 View Post
those taken with the iphone?

dang, thats serious picture quality for a phone, may have to convert from the blackberry
They were taken with an iPhone 3G.... in -30 degreees celsius weather (yes, my hands literally froze up).

I was wearing my Pens jersey (custom Malkin). It was pretty funny because whenever I'd walk by one of the hockey analysts, they'd all comment and say something funny...

For example, on Thursday night, I saw Bill Clement standing right in front of the Marriott and when I walked by him, he specifically went out of his way to shout "PENGUINS!". I smiled and shouted back "Hey Bill, do us all a favor and tell Shero to get us Horton before its too late." He jus gave me the thumbs up, I guess because I was able to recognize him unlike the other non-hockey cities he must visit.

I also got the chance to see Bob McKenzie, Pierre McGuire, Mad Mike Milbury, a few guys from RDS, and a couple of Western Conference scouts that I recognized from TV. Luckily, I work right next to the Bell Center and I took the opportunity to visit all of the hotels and walk the streets, hoping I'd get the chance to see Shero AGAIN.... Yes, a second time. That's a story I'll save for next time but it still gives me the chills...


Last edited by SprootsMasterFlex: 01-24-2009 at 10:25 AM.
SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:26 AM
  #11
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal
 
SCUDeriMISSILE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,134
vCash: 500
Thanks for the pics! Montreal knows how to do hockey that's for sure.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
  #12
sambo24
Registered User
 
sambo24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
They were taken with an iPhone 3G.... in -30 degreees celsius weather (yes, my hands literally froze up).

I was wearing my Pens jersey (custom Malkin). It was pretty funny because whenever I'd walk by one of the hockey analysts, they'd all comment and say something funny...

For example, on Thursday night, I saw Bill Clement standing right in front of the Marriott and when I walked by him, he specifically went out of his way to shout "PENGUINS!". I smiled and shouted back "Hey Bill, do us all a favor and tell Shero to get us Horton before its too late." He jus gave me the thumbs up, I guess because I was able to recognize him unlike the other non-hockey cities he must visit.

I also got the chance to see Bob McKenzie, Pierre McGuire, Mad Mike Milbury, a few guys from RDS, and a couple of Western Conference scouts that I recognized from TV. Luckily, I work right next to the Bell Center and I took the opportunity to visit all of the hotels and walk the streets, hoping I'd get the chance to see Shero AGAIN.... Yes, a second time. That's a story I'll save for next time but it still gives me the chills...

awesome! ha well thanks for taking one for the team and freezing your hands for those pics!

sambo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:13 PM
  #13
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,219
vCash: 500
Almost looks like Superman's fortress of solitude

I honestly haven't even bothered to head downtown to take a peek at what's going on, mainly because I have Saturday laziness syndrome, and because I just couldn't care less about the ASG in general.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:42 PM
  #14
FDBluth
Registered User
 
FDBluth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,818
vCash: 500
I pretty much am downtown because I'm at McGill, so I'm going to go check out the Jamboree. Tickets are only 10 bucks, so I thought I might as well.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:42 PM
  #15
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 28,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
They were taken with an iPhone 3G.... in -30 degreees celsius weather (yes, my hands literally froze up).

I was wearing my Pens jersey (custom Malkin). It was pretty funny because whenever I'd walk by one of the hockey analysts, they'd all comment and say something funny...

For example, on Thursday night, I saw Bill Clement standing right in front of the Marriott and when I walked by him, he specifically went out of his way to shout "PENGUINS!". I smiled and shouted back "Hey Bill, do us all a favor and tell Shero to get us Horton before its too late." He jus gave me the thumbs up, I guess because I was able to recognize him unlike the other non-hockey cities he must visit.

I also got the chance to see Bob McKenzie, Pierre McGuire, Mad Mike Milbury, a few guys from RDS, and a couple of Western Conference scouts that I recognized from TV. Luckily, I work right next to the Bell Center and I took the opportunity to visit all of the hotels and walk the streets, hoping I'd get the chance to see Shero AGAIN.... Yes, a second time. That's a story I'll save for next time but it still gives me the chills...
I was at the Jamboree Friday evening, so I am pretty sure I saw you. I was also wearing my Malkin 71 black home jersey and a cream-colored Penguins cap. I spotted two other Malkin jerseys. I'm sure you were one of them.

I agree, the jamboree is really for kids. However, when they do it in Phoenix in two years fans who aren't accustomed to playing hockey all the time are probably going to love the jamboree.

For Montrealers, it's fun but it's not something we haven't seen before.

Heading down to the skills competition soon. My Malkin jersey is ready once more.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:39 PM
  #16
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I was at the Jamboree Friday evening, so I am pretty sure I saw you. I was also wearing my Malkin 71 black home jersey and a cream-colored Penguins cap. I spotted two other Malkin jerseys. I'm sure you were one of them.

I agree, the jamboree is really for kids. However, when they do it in Phoenix in two years fans who aren't accustomed to playing hockey all the time are probably going to love the jamboree.

For Montrealers, it's fun but it's not something we haven't seen before.

Heading down to the skills competition soon. My Malkin jersey is ready once more.
I went on Thursday night, not Friday

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:44 PM
  #17
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
I pretty much am downtown because I'm at McGill, so I'm going to go check out the Jamboree. Tickets are only 10 bucks, so I thought I might as well.
They claim it's $10 but it was actually $12 for some unknown reason

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:25 PM
  #18
FDBluth
Registered User
 
FDBluth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
They claim it's $10 but it was actually $12 for some unknown reason
Yeah...$2.50 service charge.

Anyway, I just got back from the Jamboree. It was decent...pretty cool to see all of the trophies and stuff. Altogether, it wasn't that exciting, but it was probably worth the ten bucks.

I headed over to one of the bars in the Bell Centre to watch the Skills Comp...again, it was decent but nothing amazing. The hardest shot was probably the highlight.

My highlight of the night was seeing Bryan Burke to which I excitedly exclaimed "IT'S BRIAN BURKE!!!". Burke unflinchingly maintained the wry smile that he was wearing at the time and continued to walk dead ahead as if he didn't notice me.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.