HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers send Luca Sbisa back to Lethbridge

Old
01-24-2009, 10:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Flyers send Luca Sbisa back to Lethbridge

http://www.planetehockey.com/news_detail.php?id=10515

This link was posted in the Flyers forum, but is in French. I'm sure an English link will be available shortly.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:49 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

vCash: 500
I think that this is ********. He was playing good in the NHL why would you send him back now. I would think it would be demoralizing for the kid.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:58 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I think that this is ********. He was playing good in the NHL why would you send him back now. I would think it would be demoralizing for the kid.
He hasn't played well as of late and has been sitting up in the press box. This is what's best for him.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
4rde

And there is no room for him, they have plenty of good D.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
BROADSTREETBULLY

Send a message via AIM to BROADSTREETBULLY Send a message via Yahoo to BROADSTREETBULLY
...he's been a healthy scratch the last 2 weeks..he scored 5 of his 7 points in October..he can use some game time..he'll be up soon enough..for the next 15 years..

BROADSTREETBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

It's the exact opposite. They sent him back right before the kid broke. I know what experts and such have been saying all season, but there's a good number of Flyers fans over on our board who never bought it and saw for ourselves that the kid was going to be completely burned out if he stayed the whole season.

Not a knock on the kid either, but he also went through so many partners on defense, mainly because he didn't fit with any of them. They all arguably played their worst with him. He's not big enough, he gets knocked down way too easily and he doesn't kill penalties. Even Lasse Kukkonen kills penalties when he plays, which is almost never.

Old
01-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Langway
Death/Taxes/Choking

vCash: 50
Yeah, he suited up with Lethbridge last night.

It's in the game report but not the box score.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

So he did.

Old
01-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Sorry for my ignorance but I thought you could only play 10 pro games or less to be returned to your Junior Club?

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:22 AM
stazza18
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Sorry for my ignorance but I thought you could only play 10 pro games or less to be returned to your Junior Club?
I believe after ten games he gains a year towards FA. Not sure of all specifics though. Believe his contract counts against cap as well but I'm sure someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

stazza18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
If he plays over 10 games it counts as one year on his contract.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
If he plays over 10 games it counts as one year on his contract.

I gotcha, thanks guys.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza18 View Post
I believe after ten games he gains a year towards FA. Not sure of all specifics though. Believe his contract counts against cap as well but I'm sure someone could correct me if I'm wrong.
I think it's around forty games for it to be considered a accrued season.

It does count as a year on his contract though.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
So he did.

You called this when he made the team. You said they shouldn't keep him, and, you were right.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:03 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza18 View Post
I think all the right points have been posted, but summing them up:

- After 10 games the first year of Sbisa's counts, he now has two more seasons remaining on his ELC. Players returned to juniors before 10 games can have their rookie contracts extended a year. (there are some conditions on this)

- After 40 games on the roster (30 for goalies), Sbisa has earned an "Accrued Season" towards free agency.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
You called this when he made the team. You said they shouldn't keep him, and, you were right.
Hey thanks, I have to admit that I like when someone else says it. I'd rather the team be right than me though. There's a lot of people who thought the same way though. The problem now is that Kukkonen is going to be sent down and since they didn't use recalls all year, we don't know what we have with the Phantoms because Holmgren made every effort to make sure we didn't. Holmgren said he made the team regardless of whether or not Parent got hurt, well Parent is now stuck on the Phantoms, and Holmgren had his hand forced because of that. We also don't have cap room to make a trade since we made the panic trade for Alberts. For all the praise Holmgren got last year, equal criticism this year. The team has had a good year, but he has not.

Old
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
IBLeaf*

Why was this thread started here?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:51 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Hey thanks, I have to admit that I like when someone else says it. I'd rather the team be right than me though. There's a lot of people who thought the same way though. The problem now is that Kukkonen is going to be sent down and since they didn't use recalls all year, we don't know what we have with the Phantoms because Holmgren made every effort to make sure we didn't. Holmgren said he made the team regardless of whether or not Parent got hurt, well Parent is now stuck on the Phantoms, and Holmgren had his hand forced because of that. We also don't have cap room to make a trade since we made the panic trade for Alberts. For all the praise Holmgren got last year, equal criticism this year. The team has had a good year, but he has not.
In fairness to Alberts, hes a fine 3rd pairing guy. Jones is the overpayed one. But yeah Sbisa as promising as he is only made the team due to Jones and PArent being injured. This will be better for him

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Yeah, he suited up with Lethbridge last night.

It's in the game report but not the box score.
I dont think he suited up as I didn't see him on the ice all night. But I came home to look at the score sheet and I did however see he was on there, which got me thinking maybe the Lethbridge, and the WHL officials knew something we didn't, sure enough he is coming back. Anyways, this move has to make Lethbridge an instant contender Luca now joins Boychuk and Beach to make it 3 1st round picks from the 2008 draft.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh Pit View Post
Why was this thread started here?
Forum Description:

Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
In fairness to Alberts, hes a fine 3rd pairing guy. Jones is the overpayed one. But yeah Sbisa as promising as he is only made the team due to Jones and PArent being injured. This will be better for him
It was still salary added on to the roster in a panic move. With the Forsberg talk, that extra $1.2M would come in handy if they're serious about it.

Old
01-24-2009, 02:19 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
It was still salary added on to the roster in a panic move. With the Forsberg talk, that extra $1.2M would come in handy if they're serious about it.
He did make the D more complete though....I think without him, we'd have no legit-rough defenseman. My only other wish is to dump Jones and bring up Parent.

Then I am complete.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:19 PM
cassius

Quote:
Forum Description:

Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Do you really want the distraction that is Peter Forsberg on your team? When is enough enough?

I personally think the Flyers are a good team already and they proved last year that they have moved on and were incredibly successful without him.

As a Pens fan, I would love to see the Flyers pick up Forsberg, just because I think it would mess up the good chemistry the Flyers forwards have.

cassius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Do you really want the distraction that is Peter Forsberg on your team? When is enough enough?

I personally think the Flyers are a good team already and they proved last year that they have moved on and were incredibly successful without him.

As a Pens fan, I would love to see the Flyers pick up Forsberg, just because I think it would mess up the good chemistry the Flyers forwards have.
Do a search on my posts about Forsberg. I want no part of him.

Old
01-24-2009, 02:53 PM
newellky

basically only thing happening here is philly wasting a year on a 1st rounders contract

newellky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
blah

The Flyers mishandled some of their better prospects this season. Things could have been handled at lot better with Downie and Sbisa this season.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote