HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lewis to Manch. Quick to stay? New lines?

Old
12-30-2008, 04:48 PM
JDM

vCash: 500
Lewis to Manch. Quick to stay? New lines?

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...anchester.html

Buh bye Lewis, it was fun while it lasted. I liked what I saw, he looks like an NHL-caliber talent, but he could use some work.

Odd, because I thought Purcell could use more than Lewis.

Anyways, to discern this from the Lewis v. Purcell thread, I guess this was done so that Quick can stay.

Moller isn't back for Philly, unless I guess Sweden doesn't make it to the medal round which is altogether unlikely.

Sooo, what do the lines look like for Philly, and then what when Moller returns? Could Boyle be coming back?

Philly may be just the team for Boyle to come back against. They want him to play him, apparently he's doing better at that, and what better test than to play a mean team like Philly.

I'm hoping to see some lines like this

Sully-Kopi-Boyle
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Calder-Zus-Simmonds
Zeiler-Purcell-Ivanans

Thought I doubt that happens... more likely Boyle doesn't get called up, and Army returns to the 4th line for a game until Moller comes back and center Zeiler and Ivanans, Purcell gets a crack at playing with Calder and Stoll, which Murray did a few times last night, and Brown gets a full game on the top line.

Now the big question, when does Ersberg get a game? I have to assume Quick is in goal again against Philly.

Then when Moller returns, I could see him slotting back in on the 4th line for a few games until Murray is comfortable with him again, and then, with this coach, who the hell knows... but someone else has to get off the roster when Moller comes back, correct? Is there a chance Moller goes back to Chilliwack? I hope not and don't think so, but so much has startled me already this season, I'm prepared for anything.

I have a feeling we run with 3 goalies for a while, or atleast until Quick falters, so unless that is Saturday, who gives up their spot to Moller assuming labs is here for the season, which I sadly think is true. I doubt DL wants to risk Zeiler to waivers, especially after losing Ellis and feeling pretty stupid for it, even if most of you think he would never get claimed. I hear the Rangers are looking for an agitator, so don't be so sure.

No matter what I think an interesting few weeks are in store for the Kings. Big games and big decisions coming up.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:53 PM
VictoryRose

swap purcell and pencil in army as 4th center.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
DeeMeck

As much as I'd like to see Ersberg thrown back in right away, I think you have to go with the hot hand for the time being.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 05:10 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
As much as I'd like to see Ersberg thrown back in right away, I think you have to go with the hot hand for the time being.
I agree, but the real question to me becomes, what do you do if Quick has a so-so game?

In all the quotes recently regarding Quick, everyone talks about trying to evaluate how quickly he can bounce back. So if you just bench him a give Ersberg a run after Quick has one off-game, what does that tell you about his resilience? Nothing. Its almost like they have to give him another shot very soon after he falters, but if you toss in Ersberg right after that happens, and he plays well, all of a sudden you have to ride the hot hand again, and we are left not knowing how truly ready Quick is.

How long do you think Quick can keep up this play?

Old
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
JDM

To shed some more light...

From Hammond:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Hammond
Here's what i know at this point...

1) Jonathan Quick is staying, and almost certainly will start in goal Saturday.
2) Erik Ersberg is healthy ready to go.
3) Brian Boyle will be back in Los Angeles at the end of the week if...
4) ...the Kings are able to make another move to clear a roster spot. It's not 100-percent certain that they will, but they're trying, and it's expected to sort itself out very soon. All of my information is off the record at this point but...do a little critical thinking on this one, ladies and gents...
6) Teddy Purcell practiced with the first line today and likely will play there Saturday.

Old
12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Fat Elvis

I'm thinking a trade is coming even if Richardson goes on long term IR. My guess is a Calder(maybe even + Labarbs) for picks. Seems like they like what they see in Lewis and Purcell and want to get Boyle back in the mix. Wouldn't shock me to see Boyle moved either.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200....html#comments

Quote:
Following up on the previous post...the Kings are working on a trade involving Jason LaBarbera. I don't have the particulars, and it's still a work in progress, but we should know something by tomorrow.
It is out there... Rich has word they are trying to trade LaBarbera...

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Fat Elvis

I know, I know...but I told you so.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Are you guys pretty happy with Jon Quick?

I saw him when he was at AOFS and he was unbelievable.

Just interviewed him for a feature in the New England Hockey Journal and he impressed with his insight, humility and maturity.

I think you guys have a good one- I had thought he would go at least in the 2nd round in '05, so he was a steal where you got him in the 3rd. Glad to see he's having success in the big league.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Are you guys pretty happy with Jon Quick?

I saw him when he was at AOFS and he was unbelievable.

Just interviewed him for a feature in the New England Hockey Journal and he impressed with his insight, humility and maturity.

I think you guys have a good one- I had thought he would go at least in the 2nd round in '05, so he was a steal where you got him in the 3rd. Glad to see he's having success in the big league.
We are pretty impressed. He has really stepped it up, so much so that we traded our goaltender to keep him here. Thanks for the kind comments

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
TheKingPin

Is Boyle up for the rest of the year? He looked good against us, I feel like he could be dominant.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:23 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Is Boyle up for the rest of the year? He looked good against us, I feel like he could be dominant.
Who knows. His play is inconsistent, and we ALL wish he could be dominant, like the 8 games he played for us last year. But so far, we haven't seen it this year at all.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:46 PM
triplcrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Who knows. His play is inconsistent, and we ALL wish he could be dominant, like the 8 games he played for us last year. But so far, we haven't seen it this year at all.

A big fear around here (for some fans) is Boyle getting unloaded for cheap, and then going on to score 40 Gs with another team.

It could happen.

Probably will happen.

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
marajade

hey, it's the Kings, you know that type of **** happens all the time to us, it's our lot in life.

marajade is offline   Reply With Quote