HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Scott Niedermayer

Old
01-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

vCash: 500
Scott Niedermayer

i just saw him in the all-star skills comp. what would it take to get him away from the ducks?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Bunter McVirtanen

Zajac, 2009 1st

Bunter McVirtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:54 PM
davej0122

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi712 View Post
Zajac, 2009 1st
really seems kinda high, if that is market value i probably wouldn't do it... i mean he is 34, His last two seasons he has combined for 160 games and 32 points.... also post lockout he is a combined -18... his leadership is unquestioned and is probably his most tremendous asset.

I am not saying he isn't worth it, i would rather just keep my first round pick and keep a young talent in Zajac...

Also the odds of him being traded are low, Ducks are in a playoff race so....

davej0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Bunter McVirtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej0122 View Post
really seems kinda high, if that is market value i probably wouldn't do it... i mean he is 34, His last two seasons he has combined for 160 games and 32 points.... also post lockout he is a combined -18... his leadership is unquestioned and is probably his most tremendous asset.

I am not saying he isn't worth it, i would rather just keep my first round pick and keep a young talent in Zajac...

The Ducks are more than likely to miss the playoffs, and if, by the deadline, they aren't in the top 8, rumor is Pronger will be gone (according to Kypreos on SNET). So if they are planning to be sllers at the deadline, I don't see why they won't trade the likes of Pronger, Neidermayer, Marchant, Morrison, etc.

I think Pronger/Neidermayer value is likely to be somewhere along the lines of top young player + 2009 1st.

Bunter McVirtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:12 PM
davej0122

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi712 View Post
The Ducks are more than likely to miss the playoffs, and if, by the deadline, they aren't in the top 8, rumor is Pronger will be gone (according to Kypreos on SNET). So if they are planning to be sllers at the deadline, I don't see why they won't trade the likes of Pronger, Neidermayer, Marchant, Morrison, etc.

I think Pronger/Neidermayer value is likely to be somewhere along the lines of top young player + 2009 1st.
Well they are in 8th place right now.... but thats the same return campbell recieved.... i think campbell is better then those two so, idk if the same return is waranted

Old
01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:

I really don't understand where you got 160games and 32points from?

This defenseman, just a season and a half ago(06-07) captained his team to the Stanley Cup winning the Conn Smythe and scored 15G-69pts in 79gp! Then as we all know he went through some difficulties deciding whether to retire or not, decided the latter, returned rusty and still managed 8G-25pts in 48gp, a 13G-42pt pace. He is now playing on a fringe playoff team, and is still on pace for 48pts.

I don't understand your stats at all..Post lockout he has a combined +9 rating, and in his last 176gp(last 3 seasons (including this one)) he has 123pts.

Quote:
Well they are in 8th place right now.... but thats the same return campbell recieved.... i think campbell is better then those two so, idk if the same return is waranted
What the ****? You think Campbell is better then Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger? Do you realize who those two are? (& lets just pretend you forgot Pronger is signed past this season as well..)

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

Your stats are way off

He has 29 points in 49 games this year

If you want Niedermayer you better start with a first and a good young player or prospect

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:26 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Your stats are way off

He has 29 points in 49 games this year

If you want Niedermayer you better start with a first and a good young player or prospect
From the Canucks I'd offer a 09 1st, Alexander Edler, and 09 4th for both Niedermeyer brothers (in case they wanted to stay playing for the same team

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:26 PM
davej0122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
I really don't understand where you got 160games and 32points from?

This defenseman, just a season and a half ago(06-07) captained his team to the Stanley Cup winning the Conn Smythe and scored 15G-69pts in 79gp! Then as we all know he went through some difficulties deciding whether to retire or not, decided the latter, returned rusty and still managed 8G-25pts in 48gp, a 13G-42pt pace. He is now playing on a fringe playoff team, and is still on pace for 48pts.

I don't understand your stats at all..Post lockout he has a combined +9 rating, and in his last 176gp(last 3 seasons (including this one)) he has 123pts.

What the ****? You think Campbell is better then Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger? Do you realize who those two are? (& lets just pretend you forgot Pronger is signed past this season as well..)
Your absoultely right, i looked up rob's stats instead of scott, forgive me... but campbell has better production this year and last year then scott N and pronger.... i would take campbell over both,

Old
01-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
From the Canucks I'd offer a 09 1st, Alexander Edler, and 09 4th for both Niedermeyer brothers (in case they wanted to stay playing for the same team
Might be tempting depending where we are at the deadline

Old
01-24-2009, 09:36 PM
thrillhous

Can't see Niedermayer being traded. Like Selanne he came out of retirement to play for one team and one team only.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Can't see Niedermayer being traded. Like Selanne he came out of retirement to play for one team and one team only.
He was under contract

Old
01-24-2009, 09:56 PM
OrrNumber4

IMO, Anaheim shouldn't trade Niedermayer, Giguere, or Selanne before asking for their permission, NTC or not. For this reason, I see Anaheim trading Pronger, if anybody at all!

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Your absoultely right, i looked up rob's stats instead of scott, forgive me... but campbell has better production this year and last year then scott N and pronger.... i would take campbell over both,
Offensive production is not the main priority of a DEFENSEman. The fact that Scott N and Pronger can do both shutdown top lines and score those big goals makes them 10x as valuable as Brian Campbell will ever be.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

I'd be willing to give up a lot for him... but what bothers me is the fact that if he does get traded, he could retire the following season. Then the team who gets him gets ripped off big time.

If anyone were to give a prospect, and a first rounder.

I'd make sure Neidermayer was signed for at least another 2 years where he can't retire in between those years

But that's not going to happen so...

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Campbell can't hold Niedermayer's or Pronger's jockstrap.

You're actually saying that come games in April and May, you'd rather have him out on the ice for your team than either of those two? I'd bet my life that 30 NHL GMs and 30 coaches would disagree. And any trade discussion now for a playoff team centers around the next few months.

Two HOFers, both with miles left (age 34, by the way is not the least bit old for a quality NHL dman, contrary to insufferable HF myth), both just two springs removed from leading a team to the Cup. And the fact that Niedermayer's contract comes off the books at the end of the season, in some ways, makes him even more attractive, of more value, to a potential suitor, as NHL GMs need to manage payrolls.

The price for either Duck dman would be tremendous. Campbell might be the best pick for one's fantasy league team. That's about it.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 01:03 AM
vancityluongo

I'd easily trade Edler and a 1st for Scotty N, if that would get it done. As for Pronger...I think I'd probably offer Raymond + Edler + a pick...although I doubt Pronger is going anywhere, depsite the situation in Anaheim looking bleak.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 01:22 AM
loxcane

Pronger will easily be the best trade a team makes at the deadline

loxcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
I would definitely trade the Devils first and a top prospect (Bergfors? Tedenby?) to bring Nieds back to NJ.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
I'd easily trade Edler and a 1st for Scotty N, if that would get it done. As for Pronger...I think I'd probably offer Raymond + Edler + a pick...although I doubt Pronger is going anywhere, depsite the situation in Anaheim looking bleak.
Not nearly enough, better put Bieksa in there somewhere cause Edler has been unimpressive this year..

Old
01-25-2009, 06:34 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

From Ottawa I'd offer Chris Phillips, Brian Lee, a 1st round pick, and possibly Dany Heatley.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 07:25 AM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
From Ottawa I'd offer Chris Phillips, Brian Lee, a 1st round pick, and possibly Dany Heatley.
Holy overpayment! This is the Niedermayer of 2009, not 2007.

Something based on Phillips and San Jose's first should do it. Although would Ottawa really be interested in Niedermayer, considering their place in the standings?

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:08 AM
MBrodeur30

Some of you might have forgotten, that he will likely retire after this season.

MBrodeur30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaVinnyL4 View Post
How so? He might retire but what makes you think it likely?

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:21 AM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaVinnyL4 View Post
I doubt it with the Olympics being so close to his home next season

cyris is online now   Reply With Quote