HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is The Most Stupid Game on Earth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2009, 10:15 PM
  #51
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKoivu11 View Post
Either way you slice it. The game itself was probably the best ASG ever.
Kovy lit it up.
Marky put one in.
Komi made Carbo LOL.
Price was great.

What exactly is wrong with the world? Nothing. Absolutely Nothing
I have a 1000 word english essay due tomorrow that I haven't started.. But I agree that was a great allstar game.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 10:32 PM
  #52
VenomZeus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Is it THAT necessary??..
I received 2 little banners when they honored Moore and Cournoyer, or I don't remember what exactly but something like that..
But I couldn't care less about that, nor a magazine, nor a towel, or wtv..

The ASG is boring anyways, it's always been bad, so paying to go there is already a bad move.

Whether the Arena was filled or not, it was sold out. The jamboree was packed, everything worked well..

Anyways, you just sound like a cheap and bitter fan that didn't quite like the show.
I don't see why you feel the need to complain about not receiving a little magazine, or a sheet of paper, or a key chain, or some toilet paper..like seriously, who wines about not receiving freebies??..

FYI, they don't USUALLY, give out freebies. It happens that they do, but it's not something they do at every game.


As for the Honda thing, it's called sponsors and who cares where if it was in the middle of the ice. Best part of the show was Streit tripping over it, so...
If you don't like the competition, complain about the NHL, Habs have no say in it..
Why are you making it such a big deal about me complaining? Who cares? I am entitled to talk about how I felt about the skills competition whether I liked it or not. I have no idea why you have an entire post dedicated to it.

I said the place wasn't filled because somoene else said it was. I'm not making THAT big of a deal of not receiving something free, I'm just saying for the cost it is I think they should give you something. Why are you making it such a big deal that I feel that way? Really, who cares.

And yes they DO usually give out freebies. The word usually doesn't mean every game.

And why are you complaining about me complaining about the stupid Honda thing? I was complaining about it being dangerous there in the middle of the ice, so many people tripped over that thing and could have seriously been hurt and you're telling me why I care about that?

Anyway, today was a complete different experience and the game was actually fun. Not only that but I was happy to see something going on every time there was a break unlike the skills where there was simply complete silence whenever there were breaks.

VenomZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:18 PM
  #53
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZeus View Post
Why are you making it such a big deal about me complaining? Who cares? I am entitled to talk about how I felt about the skills competition whether I liked it or not. I have no idea why you have an entire post dedicated to it.

I said the place wasn't filled because somoene else said it was. I'm not making THAT big of a deal of not receiving something free, I'm just saying for the cost it is I think they should give you something. Why are you making it such a big deal that I feel that way? Really, who cares.

And yes they DO usually give out freebies. The word usually doesn't mean every game.

And why are you complaining about me complaining about the stupid Honda thing? I was complaining about it being dangerous there in the middle of the ice, so many people tripped over that thing and could have seriously been hurt and you're telling me why I care about that?

Anyway, today was a complete different experience and the game was actually fun. Not only that but I was happy to see something going on every time there was a break unlike the skills where there was simply complete silence whenever there were breaks.
I'm not making a big deal out of it. I simply said it was ridiculous to whine about not receiving any little thing for free. Especially when it's something you'll eventually throw out or just let dust accumulate on at the end of a drawer, unless you have a memorabilia.

You want to complain about something, then do it about the global boring SHOW. Do it because you didn't like that some of the players looked bored, or that not all of them took part of the competition. Talk about it being short and not having enough drills, or things like that.

When you bought your ticket at whatever price it cost, did you think ''gee, I really wonder what they'll be giving for free this time!!''

Which brings me back to the word ''usually''. It means, something you're accustomed too, something you're used to or that's common, a habit..That's from Webster's dictionary.
So, if you want to say they give out stuff once in a while, don't say usually. They don't give out freebies for 50% of the games, so no it's not a common thing.

I'm not making a big deal out of it, you just sound like a spoiled little kid. Seriously, who whines about not getting something for free??..Some people are killing each other for a loaf of bread in the world, and you're complaining about not getting anything for free at an ASG.

At least complain about the show being bad...but for a freebie??..man grow up.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:23 PM
  #54
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not making a big deal out of it. I simply said it was ridiculous to whine about not receiving any little thing for free. Especially when it's something you'll eventually throw out or just let dust accumulate on at the end of a drawer, unless you have a memorabilia.

You want to complain about something, then do it about the global boring SHOW. Do it because you didn't like that some of the players looked bored, or that not all of them took part of the competition. Talk about it being short and not having enough drills, or things like that.

When you bought your ticket at whatever price it cost, did you think ''gee, I really wonder what they'll be giving for free this time!!''

Which brings me back to the word ''usually''. It means, something you're accustomed too, something you're used to or that's common, a habit..That's from Webster's dictionary.
So, if you want to say they give out stuff once in a while, don't say usually. They don't give out freebies for 50% of the games, so no it's not a common thing.

I'm not making a big deal out of it, you just sound like a spoiled little kid. Seriously, who whines about not getting something for free??..Some people are killing each other for a loaf of bread in the world, and you're complaining about not getting anything for free at an ASG.

At least complain about the show being bad...but for a freebie??..man grow up.
I'm sorry, but who are you to tell him what he should or shouldn't complain about? He's not saying anything inflammatory.

I personally don't see any reason why you should be so offended by his post. People complain about the most ridiculous **** on this board.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:31 PM
  #55
beaverBFP
Registered User
 
beaverBFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 712
vCash: 500
I'd like to see some older events that they took out. I was watching the AHL ASG and they still have them. ex:rapid fire, 3 on 0 ect.

And the " Honda Super Skills Challenge" name sounds ridiculous, bring back just plain "Skills Competition".

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 05:43 AM
  #56
nnynetpotato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Honda paid good money,they can call it whatever they want.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
  #57
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
That's what I'd be saying if I was a prospective hockey fan and I had seen the Skills competition last night.

The NHL All Star game is the worst at putting on a show that represents the game itself. That's no stretch. But I was embarrassed for these guys. Even the Rook/Soph game, where Milbury proclaimed that "this is the closest thing to hockey we'll see" it was little effort and little speed. I mean you don't have to hit, but don't be afraid to poke-check. or move a foot or two to take away a chance. The entire event has become about making your hockey friends look good. Thomas even took it to the next level with the neon light he turned on his five hole when Marc Savard broke in.

Not being a crotchety old hockey fan, this is just a critique from a long time hockey watcher. I've given this thing a try after a long boycott only because it was in Montreal, but this spectacle is getting worse year after year. It should die with dignity.

Might as well have a player bake sale, and have the fans eat cookies alongside the players, because it would make for more a more interesting on ice display.

This is bad Reality TV.

You know what....I enjoyed the Allstar game and everything else that went on over the weekend.

I personally think its refreshing to see players from rival teams unite to beat the other conference. I think its great to see these players get a break from the grueling hockey season to have a fun game of hockey with players they might not have ever played with before. I thought it was awesome to see Kovalev and Malkin on the same line, Chara paired up with Kaberle, Marc Savard playing with Ovechkin etc.

I thought the 12-11 game was great to see. There were some pretty goals scored and some nice plays made during the game by both teams. It was nice to see both teams pick up their play late in the game when the score was tied. It showed that each team wanted to win and stepped up their game to try and win.

I get sick of people whining about the AllStar weekend in hockey as if it was any worse than the All Star game in Baseball, Basketball or Football. Anytime there is an Allstar game in any sport, its not going to be like a regular season game between 2 rival teams....nor should it be. But instead of moaning about it, I'd rather pick out the good part about the whole thing and talk about them instead.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
  #58
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
None of the above is true. I am not bitter towards anything but ignorance , and I have a gorgeous wife. And no, it's not all about kids. Disney On Ice is for kids, but even Disney puts on a professional show with some appeal to adults that pay the freight for the tickets. Not sure what that has to do with this thread though.

My point was that it's a hockey showcase, and this resembles hockey in no way. Kids might find it entertaining, like they may find the circus entertaining, but the circus isn't hockey either.

it really is a disgrace.


You couldn't be more wrong!!!

The game was great. Its for the players to enjoy themselves and showcase some of their talents so the fans can enjoy themselves too. You're making the ASG sounds as if it were as important as the Stanley Cup Finals or something....lol.

If you don't like the ASG, don't watch it. Just pretend it doesn't exist and then you won't have to post a thread like this to say crap that nobody wants to hear you say!!!

Seeing the players get along and have some fun makes the whole thing worth while to me. Fun has been taken out of the NHL for some reason and its nice to see that the players still know how to laugh and have a good time.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
  #59
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I'm sorry, but who are you to tell him what he should or shouldn't complain about? He's not saying anything inflammatory.

I personally don't see any reason why you should be so offended by his post. People complain about the most ridiculous **** on this board.
You want to play that game?..
Who are you to tell me I can't complain about him complain about not getting freebies?..

You can complain about Markov being crappy or anything hockey related if that's what you think. We'll have a discussion about it, some people will come laugh at you, some will want to hear your reasons, there'll be a debate and then it will end.

I didn't have to justify myself, but my bro lives in Africa and fights for certain causes. He sees young girls get ***** and left for dead, he sees people killing each other for food and water.
Over here, we have someone that already has the privilege of going to see the ASG in the centennial year, whine about not getting something for free. Doesn't matter if the free gift is crappy, as long as he gets a little freebie.

Whine about the boring show, you're very well allowed too. You paid to get entertained, if it's not what you expected, then go ahead whine all you want.
But you didn't pay to get freebies, so don't whine about it after.

I can tolerate a lot of crap, but this..is just too much for me.

That being said, let's just drop it bcuz it's ridiculous now. I'll let the spoil whine about not getting spoiled.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:31 PM
  #60
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I didn't have to justify myself, but my bro lives in Africa and fights for certain causes. He sees young girls get ***** and left for dead, he sees people killing each other for food and water.
Please, just this one time, can we leave Africa out of Montreal Canadiens discussions?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
  #61
VenomZeus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not making a big deal out of it. I simply said it was ridiculous to whine about not receiving any little thing for free. Especially when it's something you'll eventually throw out or just let dust accumulate on at the end of a drawer, unless you have a memorabilia.

You want to complain about something, then do it about the global boring SHOW. Do it because you didn't like that some of the players looked bored, or that not all of them took part of the competition. Talk about it being short and not having enough drills, or things like that.

When you bought your ticket at whatever price it cost, did you think ''gee, I really wonder what they'll be giving for free this time!!''

Which brings me back to the word ''usually''. It means, something you're accustomed too, something you're used to or that's common, a habit..That's from Webster's dictionary.
So, if you want to say they give out stuff once in a while, don't say usually. They don't give out freebies for 50% of the games, so no it's not a common thing.

I'm not making a big deal out of it, you just sound like a spoiled little kid. Seriously, who whines about not getting something for free??..Some people are killing each other for a loaf of bread in the world, and you're complaining about not getting anything for free at an ASG.

At least complain about the show being bad...but for a freebie??..man grow up.

You're still making a big deal out of nothing, like I said who cares if I said there was no freebie? You act like I wanted some feedback out of that statement, I was just simply saying what I felt and not looking for anyone to attack that kind of statement.

Really who cares? Why not just ignore that I ever said that.

I can't believe someone is taking something I said, that is not important in any way, so serious.

VenomZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 05:06 PM
  #62
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Hey guys, i didnt read anything in this post, but i gott ask:

did anyone get an freebies at the ASG?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.