HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stamkos on the blocks

Old
01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
NHL33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
brooks writes for the post not the daily news......

obernoeir (sp) writes for the daily news......it was dellapina up till this season
Yeah, I thought it'd said the Post. Must have misread.

Didn't know Dellapina stopped writing though.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:51 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
According to some dood at the New York Daily news who says that 2 different person on 2 different teams had confirmed to him that Stamkos is available.. No link yet..

Heard on CKAC radio minutes ago..

Ok, I'm actually starting a thread because I really wonder what the heck does the Lightning want for Stamkos??? He's cheap, young and promissing.. If indeed this is thrue, might as well just sell the team.. I don't see the point to trading last year's 1st overall choice so early..

Discuss..

EDIT: Here's a link from CKAC (french..)

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/st...5-1384263.html
Makes no sense to me...but then Jack Johnson being traded out of Carolina was a surprise also. Could be underlying issues...but I suspect it is a bogus trade rumour

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:52 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
I wonder if they have HF-itis and saw what he did last night and decided he has top value now regardless of the player he's going to be.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Tampa Bay management can deny, deny, deny in the best tradition of all sorts of scoundrels, but it is most certainly true that 2008 first-overall draft pick Steven Stamkos is available for trade, at least according to two franchises that have been in contact with the Lightning and have no reason to fib about it.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009...927.htm?page=2

It's Larry

Dellapina took a job with the NHL's media department before the start of the regular season.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 01-25-2009 at 12:18 PM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:12 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Assuming Ottawa has the 3rd-5th pick at the draft, Lee and the pick for Stamkos?

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:15 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I think it's unlikely, but there's a small chance we would look at it if a got a star d-man, and top forward prospect...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthliner View Post
I think it's unlikely, but there's a small chance we would look at it if a got a star d-man, and top forward prospect...
like kaberle and tlusty??

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Tont

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
like kaberle and tlusty??
You'd have to do a lot better than Tlusty, which TO can't.

Tont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed View Post
You'd have to do a lot better than Tlusty, which TO can't.
maybe, but if thats what they want (star d and top forward pospect), can they do better than kabs? i guess maybe j-bo. but his contract status is a chance they may not want to take

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
so wait till FA but the way things have been going lately idk who else would want to sign there.

Why doesnt Vinny Malone and St Louis dominate?? net presences speed and big dominate Center.
Vinny isn't 100%, Malone has proven versatile enough to bounce around lines so he does because of injury troubles right now, St. Louis is... well, being himself which if you look at his stats from the last week in December, are pretty dominant.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Magnus Fulgur

If Tampa traded Vinny and Stamkos, they'd probably end up with eight solid players (including prospects once developed) that could make them a perennial playoff team.

Business-wise, that's the smart way to weather this recession.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 01:34 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
I think we're going to be seeing a lot of bogus Tampa rumors in the next little while, because people believe that the current management will do just about anything. So since nobody is going to really doubt these rumors, idiots like Strachan and Brooks will get a lot of attention.

With that said, Stamkos to Toronto, (E5)

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Baldo Ronaldo

It is ridiculous for them to trade Stamkos. In fact, they should look at everybody but Stamkos for trade purposes...but not him. Of course, the problem is they have signed Vinny to a contract that less than 1/3 of the teams in the NHL can afford - now or ever - on a long term basis.

In my opinion, it was just about as stupid to sign Lecavalier as they did than for any media guy to suggest Stamkos as a trade asset. This is craziness.

Baldo Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
peanutvendor

anyone ever think that other Gms read all this stuff and think just as you lawton must be an idiot? therefore, gms ask him about everyone trying to get good players for cheap. then lawton possibly says, "well, if you want stamkos your going ot send back carter, coburn, JVR at least" or something rediculous. which then gets said to a journalist in a "TB wants carter coburn and JVR for stamkos," which translates to "stamkos is on the block."?

i cant imagine stamkos is being shopped.

peanutvendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:31 PM
shadow1

It wouldn't surprise me if he were traded. They traded Boyle, a premier puck moving defenseman, for a young Matt Carle; and then without batting an eye, they traded him away.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:44 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Who knows what's going on in Tampa, but even they're not stupid enough to trade Stamkos. He's got to high of a future ahead of him.

And they're not getting a Lindros return for him either.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:46 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if he were traded. They traded Boyle, a premier puck moving defenseman, for a young Matt Carle; and then without batting an eye, they traded him away.
Well they traded Boyle for financial reasons (but I don't know why they would sign him to that much before the deadline then trade him).

Trading Carle for Eminger was such a stupid move. Carle's self-esteem must have been at an all-time low when he found out he got traded to Philadelphia. Poor kid.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Well they traded Boyle for financial reasons (but I don't know why they would sign him to that much before the deadline then trade him).

Trading Carle for Eminger was such a stupid move. Carle's self-esteem must have been at an all-time low when he found out he got traded to Philadelphia. Poor kid.
First of all, it was the old management that tied Boyle up to that contract. Second dealing Carle was a great move, it did benefit us, it did benefit Carle it did benefit Flyers. Eminger has been great here and Downing shown lot of promise, so im very pleased with that.

People will keep posting these stupid rumours just cause we have done lot of deals, but of all those moves, how many do you consider stupid? Some may say Malone, but I think he is worth the money. The Boyle trade? It could be argued over and over again, but that the team would be run like a videogame is pure nonsense.

But rumours feeds rumours sadly..

01-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
I have no idea what the hell is going on down there. Stamkos is a solid player but on top of that hes cheap who the hell knows whats going on down there.
There is no way this is true.......please.............TB is a laughing stock if they make any more stupid deals. Lecavalier and Stamkos stay

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Artyukhin*

guys Stamkos isnt on the blocks.....only the "seen stamkos website" is...

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthliner View Post
How about an up and coming young dman and high end prospect

Barker and Beach for Stamkos?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Mr Underhill

I think this is why all these Lightning rumors are floating around:

Lawton is doing a bad job in keeping his business practices secret. I'm pretty sure every GM talks to each other throughout the year about trading, player availability, returns, etc...whether the discussions are serious or not, they happen. But for some reason all of Lawton's discussions are becoming public.

He is doing a horrible job keeping team business out of the media. These are the mistakes of a rookie GM.

I'm sure the Gm's in Washington and Pittsburgh have talked to other GM's about Crosby and Ovechkhin. That doesn't mean that they would ever trade them, but I'm sure that their names have been mentioned in passing. They are just able to keep the conversations private and not let the media get a hold of it and spin it out of control.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
guys Stamkos isnt on the blocks.....only the "seen stamkos website" is...
Actually, if you go to it now, its gone. They redirected it to lightning.nhl.com

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
I heard Luke Schenn, Drew Doughty, Zach Bogosian, Nikita Filatov, Mikkel Boedker and others are on the block as well.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:33 PM
ugotmybeef*

I wouldn't be surprised him trying to get out of that circus by the time he can qualify for free agency or even accepting an offer sheet.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote