HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weight to Columbus

Old
01-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Alex28*

vCash: 500
Weight to Columbus

Columbus is 2 points out of the last playoff spot, have never made the playoffs and are short on quality center with Brassard going down for the season.

A consistent, well-rounded veteran center with tons of playoff experience and a low cap hit seems like an extremely useful asset to them.

What could the Isles possibly get from them for Weight?

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Bunter McVirtanen

2009 2nd?

Bunter McVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
After swiping Dubie off waivers, the CBJ wouldn't pay what Snow would be asking.

They blew it.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
After swiping Dubie off waivers, the CBJ wouldn't pay what Snow would be asking.

They blew it.
Right, forgot about that

Maybe this is the way karma will bite them in the back. Barely missing playoffs when a veteran 2nd line center would have made the difference.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:19 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Mayorov and a 2nd

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post

They blew it.
Did the isles lose Okposo off waivers or an undraft ufa,who was their 3rd choice in net at the start of this season?

Snow said that he knew they might lose Dubie to the waiver wire.

Danis has played well enough to keep the isles in games.Well enough for the isles to have passed up more experienced goalies, who've come up on the recent waiver wire.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:22 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Mayorov and a 2nd
Can you give a short scouting report on Mayorov?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Did the isles lose Okposo off waivers or an undraft ufa,who was their 3rd choice in net at the start of this season?

Snow said that he knew they might lose Dubie to the waiver wire.

Danis has played well enough to keep the isles in games.Well enough for the isles to have passed up more experienced goalies, who've come up on the recent waiver wire.
Okposo? This okposo? The forward?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Okposofan21

no, the Islanders did not lose Okposo on waivers. the guy is our best young player.

as for Weight, I would think nothing more then a second round pick should get it done. i highly doubt Garth Snow holds anything against Columbus for picking up Wade Dubielewicz since they needed a goalie also and they did not break any rules.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:54 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Right, forgot about that

Maybe this is the way karma will bite them in the back. Barely missing playoffs when a veteran 2nd line center would have made the difference.
If Snow refuses to make a deal with Columbus that could result in the betterment of his club simply because Howson legally made a move to help his team, he should be fired immediately.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
trooper

2nd...nothing more. Still kinda high for my taste, considering he'd just be a rental...but then I assume it will be a lower 2nd rd pick if Howson pulls the trigger in the first place, so OK. Definately not Mayorov...even straight up. No mortgaging the future for a 1st round playoff exit. As far as the other deal, it was legal, so I'm sure Snow will be professional (but not afraid to do it back, if the opportunity presents itself...).

trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Mayorov and a 2nd
For Okposo? Sounds great!

For Weight? Don't be absurd.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

If Snow wishes to deal Weight and Columbus makes the best offer, the whole Dubie thingy won't matter.

Otherwise, I don't think Snow is gonna be in any rush to makes deals with Howson.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Hipster Doofus

I'd be interested in a deal around Marc Methot or another young warm body and a 2nd/3rd. But if its just a 2nd I'll pass. I'd rather have Weight back next year than another 2nd rounder.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
If Snow wishes to deal Weight and Columbus makes the best offer, the whole Dubie thingy won't matter.

Otherwise, I don't think Snow is gonna be in any rush to makes deals with Howson.
Dubie is a nonissue. If that even has a slight impact on Snow's thinking, I'd be surprised.

According to Chris Botta, Columbus and Isles have had extensive discussions and, in principal, have agreed to tentative deal involving a Bluejacket defense prospect (he didn't say who specifically).

My guess at Weight's value is around a 2nd rounder. I don't know what that translates to from Columbus' system.

01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
For Okposo? Sounds great!

For Weight? Don't be absurd.
I'm aware that won't get us Weight, I forgot the "" face

Old
01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Dubie is a nonissue. If that even has a slight impact on Snow's thinking, I'd be surprised.

According to Chris Botta, Columbus and Isles have had extensive discussions and, in principal, have agreed to tentative deal involving a Bluejacket defense prospect (he didn't say who specifically).

My guess at Weight's value is around a 2nd rounder. I don't know what that translates to from Columbus' system.
Well according to Hockey's Future, the BJ's best Defense Prospect is Cody Goloubef, but since Weight's obviously not worth the best D prospect they've got, they have Ted Ruth rated 2nd

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/teddy_ruth

Old
01-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Ottoman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
I'd be interested in a deal around Marc Methot or another young warm body and a 2nd/3rd. But if its just a 2nd I'll pass. I'd rather have Weight back next year than another 2nd rounder.
Methot is the man! I would do Methot for Weight or Comrie or Guerin....or a combo for Methot and a 2nd rd pick

Ottoman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Mayorov and a 2nd
That is a good joke.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Well according to Hockey's Future, the BJ's best Defense Prospect is Cody Goloubef, but since Weight's obviously not worth the best D prospect they've got, they have Ted Ruth rated 2nd

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/teddy_ruth
He isn't worth him either.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
He isn't worth him either.
I'll disagree. Weight's value should be about a second rounder, and you're talking about a former 2nd round pick here who hasn't risen much about that status.

I think the Isles and Columbus were probably talking about either him or Methot.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
I'll disagree. Weight's value should be about a second rounder, and you're talking about a former 2nd round pick here who hasn't risen much about that status.

I think the Isles and Columbus were probably talking about either him or Methot.
That is fine. That is YOUR OPINION. And, MY OPINION is he isn't worth it. I wouldn't trade Goloubef, Ruth, or Methot for Weight.

Old
01-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That is fine. That is YOUR OPINION. And, MY OPINION is he isn't worth it. I wouldn't trade Goloubef, Ruth, or Methot for Weight.
I don't even know what you are trying to get at here, but I never claimed that my post was anything more than MY OPINION. If anything, you were the one presenting your OPINION as if it were cold hard fact.

That said, Chris Botta (www.islanderspointblank.com) who has a bit more inside information (i.e., not just OPINION) than you or I, reported that the Isles and BJ's had reached a tenative agreement on a "big defense prospect." There is reasonable chance that was Ruth or Methot. So, in this case, my OPINION at least has the weight of some evidence.

I can't say I have the energy to sort through the archives, but you can go to that site and find what Botta knows about the subject.

All that not withsstanding, if I were to take the perspective of a BJ's fan, I wouldn't want to see any of those prospects moved for a band-aid like Weight either.

Old
01-25-2009, 10:28 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
I don't even know what you are trying to get at here, but I never claimed that my post was anything more than MY OPINION. If anything, you were the one presenting your OPINION as if it were cold hard fact.

That said, Chris Botta (www.islanderspointblank.com) who has a bit more inside information (i.e., not just OPINION) than you or I, reported that the Isles and BJ's had reached a tenative agreement on a "big defense prospect." There is reasonable chance that was Ruth or Methot. So, in this case, my OPINION at least has the weight of some evidence.

I can't say I have the energy to sort through the archives, but you can go to that site and find what Botta knows about the subject.

All that not withsstanding, if I were to take the perspective of a BJ's fan, I wouldn't want to see any of those prospects moved for a band-aid like Weight either.
First off, I was just trying to say that both of us can be right. He may be worth that. He may be worth that to you. But, that doesn't mean he is worth it to me.

Second, just because that trade may go down doesn't mean "I" think Weight was worth it. Last I checked my opinion only means what "I" would do.

Old
01-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
First off, I was just trying to say that both of us can be right. He may be worth that. He may be worth that to you. But, that doesn't mean he is worth it to me..
Fair enough.

Quote:
Second, just because that trade may go down doesn't mean "I" think Weight was worth it. Last I checked my opinion only means what "I" would do.
I wouldn't do it either. I don't think Weight is worth it and I'm never a fan of paying for the present with the future.