HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Belfour's Back a Reason for Concern?

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 04:43 PM
ComrieFanatic

vCash: 500
Belfour's Back a Reason for Concern?

Have been listening to the FAN and Stellick was saying that Belfour's back is a big concern to him. He hasnt been skating or practicing and is only playing games. If we are to lose him we can forget winning a playoff series this year. The way i see it is if his back is really this bad then why has Quinn started in four straight games, espcailly when two have been against the Isles and Sabres. Not key games at all.

Old
03-08-2004, 05:09 PM
50 Mission Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic
Have been listening to the FAN and Stellick was saying that Belfour's back is a big concern to him. He hasnt been skating or practicing and is only playing games. If we are to lose him we can forget winning a playoff series this year. The way i see it is if his back is really this bad then why has Quinn started in four straight games, espcailly when two have been against the Isles and Sabres. Not key games at all.

Many players don't practice this time of year.

The only reason the fan is talking like that is because they always need a crisis for the Leafs, and they know that when presented with one, the fans will tune into hear everything.

They make it sound like such a revelation that if Belfour goes down the Leafs are in trouble. Well duh! You could say that about any team.

Old
03-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Transplanted Caper

There is obvioulsy a concern over Belfour. Everyone on this board i think would agree that we think about it. However, if the problem was that severe im sure that JFJ would pick up a goalie.

Old
03-08-2004, 09:10 PM
BlueBlood17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Mission Cap
Many players don't practice this time of year.

The only reason the fan is talking like that is because they always need a crisis for the Leafs, and they know that when presented with one, the fans will tune into hear everything.

They make it sound like such a revelation that if Belfour goes down the Leafs are in trouble. Well duh! You could say that about any team.

Spot on with your comments.

I still can't over how big a deal they made about Owen Nolan in the preseason and making it sound like his career was over. I used to love the FAN, but ever since Mojo has hit the scene, the FAN has tried to hard to beat them out, and instead of sticking with what they used to do well, now have turned into a bit of a joke. They report every little rumour as factual and make mountains out of molehills.

Old
03-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Jon

I'm kind of torn between whether or not to get another goalie? On one hand I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a better backup, but on the flip side I wonder how it would affect Eddie?

Old
03-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I'm kind of torn between whether or not to get another goalie? On one hand I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a better backup, but on the flip side I wonder how it would affect Eddie?

I think getting a stronger backup would be a god thing. However, it ranks lower on the priority list then the addition of a tough dman. The problem is that the only goalie out there who could possibly win us rounds in the playoffs is Kolzig, and the price for him may be high. Are we willing to pay a high price for someone we MIGHT have to use.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Jerkini

Imo, I think he's using it as an excuse to not have to practice and it's not as bad as the media is portraying it.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini
Imo, I think he's using it as an excuse to not have to practice and it's not as bad as the media is portraying it.

You mean the Toronto media is going overboard?

Closed Thread