HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, European & Juniors discussion (no AHL) (con't...)

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2009, 02:55 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Kveton with 2 goals in wild wild game where his team lost 5-7, in his last two games he had 4g,1a.
He is currently 6th in scoring in Czech top league(Extraliga) with 4-5 games less played than most of the others.
I smell something special here , i didn't see this coming.
I'm more pleased with him than with Grachev right now....hopefully he will be able to make the jump to NHL next year.
Interesting. Do you really think he's already that good? How is the rest of his game coming along, well-rounded?

Old
01-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Interesting. Do you really think he's already that good? How is the rest of his game coming along, well-rounded?
He can score with a wrister, he can pass well, he is smart with the puck, above avarage skating...his hockey sense is there.
Kveton is 6" and 176lbs, he still need to gain some weight to survive in NHL. With this kind of productivity he will make WCH in april, and that wil be good chance to see how really good he is. He played on two Europian tournaments, didn't score a point, but didn't disappoint as well.

Old
01-21-2009, 05:30 AM
Ola

Quote:
He can score with a wrister, he can pass well, he is smart with the puck, above avarage skating...his hockey sense is there.
Kveton is 6" and 176lbs, he still need to gain some weight to survive in NHL. With this kind of productivity he will make WCH in april, and that wil be good chance to see how really good he is. He played on two Europian tournaments, didn't score a point, but didn't disappoint as well.
I haven't nearly seen as much of him as you, especially not lately, but I think you are spot on.

To dominate in Int Hockey and in order to make it to the NHL he needs to become stronger/more explosive. Gain balance and learn to play better in traffic.

But everything else is basically there. He got a special touch on the puck. Always have. Just allot of offensive quality.

I don't think he is a "lock" to make it. Like you said, he needs to add that physical element to get room in the NHL. Learn to skate shoulder to shoulder with a D et c. BUT if he can get that, then he will become a classic late round steal.

BTW, could you give me a headsup if he makes the LG Hockey Tournament in Sweden?

Last edited by Ola: 01-21-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old
01-21-2009, 06:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Kveton has to understand all entry level contracts are two way contracts.

Old
01-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kveton has to understand all entry level contracts are two way contracts.
And Sather has to understand that Kveton is not interested in playing for Hartford - for him it's better to play in Czech.
I hope Kveton will not end up like Jan Marek.

Old
01-21-2009, 07:35 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Kveton with 2 goals in wild wild game where his team lost 5-7, in his last two games he had 4g,1a.
He is currently 6th in scoring in Czech top league(Extraliga) with 4-5 games less played than most of the others.
I smell something special here , i didn't see this coming.
I'm more pleased with him than with Grachev right now....hopefully he will be able to make the jump to NHL next year.
I've been smelling something special with David Kveton all year long.I was just about to say. I've been following him all season. This guy's the man. I know, I would like to get a comparison between he and Grachev as well. I just wish I could have seen him play. I've seen Grachev and you can tell he's something special.

Way to go Kveton!! Keep it up kid!!

Old
01-21-2009, 07:44 AM
gravytrain6t

I mean he should be okay at the pro level as far as playing the physical game. He ways 25 pounds more than Prucha.

But please make it clear to me why he cannot play a year or two in the States and see what he can do. I mean I'm not trying to put down the Czech Republic top league by any means. But if it's is goal to make it to the NHL, what good does it really do him to stay there. He should come over as Zaborsky has done and Baranka for a while. Immonen played in the States. He's still putting up great numbers in the Finnish leagues but at least he came over. Grachev is here.

I don't understand what you mean when you say it does him no good to leave the Czech Republic?

Old
01-21-2009, 07:59 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I mean he should be okay at the pro level as far as playing the physical game. He ways 25 pounds more than Prucha.
Ok, Prucha is small.. but he's not 150 lbs

Old
01-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post

But please make it clear to me why he cannot play a year or two in the States and see what he can do. I mean I'm not trying to put down the Czech Republic top league by any means. But if it's is goal to make it to the NHL, what good does it really do him to stay there. He should come over as Zaborsky has done and Baranka for a while. Immonen played in the States. He's still putting up great numbers in the Finnish leagues but at least he came over. Grachev is here.

I don't understand what you mean when you say it does him no good to leave the Czech Republic?
I know what you mean, and basically i agree. I really admire Anisimov for what he is doing(playing in AHL for almost two years). But i think you used bad examples - Zaborsky has no future with the Rangers, seems like he will never make it, Baranka was playing for 2(or 3) years in AHL without any closer look in NHL, Immonen didn't fit into Renney's defensive system....
I can see why Kveton doesn't want to play in AHL - less money, awfull lot of traveling, maybe less quality league, uncertain future...transition to NA style is not easy for many EU players.

Old
01-21-2009, 08:21 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
And Sather has to understand that Kveton is not interested in playing for Hartford - for him it's better to play in Czech.
I hope Kveton will not end up like Jan Marek.
The solution is giving Kveton an escape clause.Anisimov had that in his ELC.He could have left for Russia by a certain date.If Kveton is in Hartford on November 1,he can return to the Czech Republic.

Old
01-21-2009, 08:42 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Ok, Prucha is small.. but he's not 150 lbs
Yea but someone was saying that Kveton may not be able to handle the physical play. Or not be strong enough. It's the only reason why I said that. But even at 175. That's kind of light these days. But if Prucha can handle it, I think Kveton can at 200lbs.

Not that I agree. But I can almost guarantee that's why Prucha will not see as much playing time for the rest of the season. Renney's going to favor the size and strength.

Old
01-21-2009, 09:01 AM
AK2794

wow this is pretty cool regarding Kveton. I had no idea he was having such a great season.

Old
01-21-2009, 09:38 AM
ThirdEye

Just looked up some stats...

Prucha had only had 17 points in his last season with the Czech league. Makes Kveton's stats look even better. I wish I can watch him play so I can gauge him a little better, but those numbers are impressive

Old
01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The solution is giving Kveton an escape clause.Anisimov had that in his ELC.He could have left for Russia by a certain date.If Kveton is in Hartford on November 1,he can return to the Czech Republic.
I was thinking about the same.
Problem might me that rumors in Czech are that Kveton signed multi-year contract before this season. In Cze teams are not obliged to report contract details(money and lenght).

Old
01-21-2009, 10:39 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
I know what you mean, and basically i agree. I really admire Anisimov for what he is doing(playing in AHL for almost two years). But i think you used bad examples - Zaborsky has no future with the Rangers, seems like he will never make it, Baranka was playing for 2(or 3) years in AHL without any closer look in NHL, Immonen didn't fit into Renney's defensive system....
I can see why Kveton doesn't want to play in AHL - less money, awfull lot of traveling, maybe less quality league, uncertain future...transition to NA style is not easy for many EU players.
Anisimov should have a starting position next year. With the Rangers that is. But really? You think the players are of less quality in the AHL than the Czech leagues?

I mean your last paragraph there does not make it seem to promising. The transition to the NA style of play may not be easy but if he wants to play in the NHL he has to make that transition.
At least Zaborsky did make that transition and in my mind he is a step closer to his dream then Kveton is. Zaborsky is already in the process of adapting to the NA style of play as well as NA culture.

If he is uncertain about his future, how will he ever be certain if he's not going to take the next step. Unless he doesn't want to play in the NHL, which is fine. Maybe he's comfortable making a career in the Czech Republic.

I don't know what the AHL pays but if he has no problem with the quality of players in the league as you would project, then in no time will he be making loads of money in NA because he will not be with Hartford for that long. If he puts up big numbers in Hartford, he will either be playing for the Rangers or some other NHl team and they all pay a pretty decent living, to say the least. I'm being sarcastic.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Levitate

Quote:
, Baranka was playing for 2(or 3) years in AHL without any closer look in NHL
Baranka never really got a shot because every time the Rangers went to call someone up, he was injured, or had just gotten back from an injury and was getting back up to speed. I think he would have at least gotten more lengthy callups if he could have stayed healthy, and that would have given him a much better chance at making the team full time.

As for Kveton, it's completely understandable to me that he wouldn't want to play in the AHL for an extended period of time, but that also means he has to earn a roster spot by being better than his competition. No one is going to hand him a spot just to see how he might do.

Old
01-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Baranka never really got a shot because every time the Rangers went to call someone up, he was injured, or had just gotten back from an injury and was getting back up to speed. I think he would have at least gotten more lengthy callups if he could have stayed healthy, and that would have given him a much better chance at making the team full time.

As for Kveton, it's completely understandable to me that he wouldn't want to play in the AHL for an extended period of time, but that also means he has to earn a roster spot by being better than his competition. No one is going to hand him a spot just to see how he might do.
And he knows it very well, he made it very clear in several articles i've read about him. He wants to make it to NHL, he wants to earn the spot, he wants to have good training camp. But he doesn't want to play in AHL for longer period of time - Czech league is better option for his development imho.

Old
01-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I haven't nearly seen as much of him as you, especially not lately, but I think you are spot on.

To dominate in Int Hockey and in order to make it to the NHL he needs to become stronger/more explosive. Gain balance and learn to play better in traffic.

But everything else is basically there. He got a special touch on the puck. Always have. Just allot of offensive quality.

I don't think he is a "lock" to make it. Like you said, he needs to add that physical element to get room in the NHL. Learn to skate shoulder to shoulder with a D et c. BUT if he can get that, then he will become a classic late round steal.

BTW, could you give me a headsup if he makes the LG Hockey Tournament in Sweden?
Sure can do. Btw Jagr will be playing for Czechs on that tournament

Old
01-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Hockey2000nyr

in ehm ive had kveton come over and stuff, there are times that with icetime and production hes turned into a first line player, haha, i know its a pipedream but hey one can dream cant he....

if kveton could come over, make the team, and produce in the nhl then i think he could possibly lessen the blow of losing chere. whats his stats up to today?

Old
01-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I think Kveton is ultimately going to have to spend some time in Hartford if he wants a real shot with this team. I think it shows a level of dedication and maturity. I don't know enough about the league he's currently in to say which is better for his development, but it's easier to get a guy into the lineup on a drive from Hartford, than it is to fly him across the Atlantic.

Old
01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
DontStepanMe

Did Gaulton play yet? I though he was supposed to last weekend. Anybody got any updates?

Old
01-21-2009, 02:52 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Korpikoski-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Prucha-Grachev-Kveton
Dawes-Anisimov-Callahan

Zaborsky, Weise, Hagelin

Who else? WOW.

Old
01-21-2009, 03:19 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Did Gaulton play yet? I though he was supposed to last weekend. Anybody got any updates?
Just checked the game sheets from Erie's games and he wasn't in the line up for any of them.

Old
01-21-2009, 05:23 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Korpikoski-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Prucha-Grachev-Kveton
Dawes-Anisimov-Callahan

Zaborsky, Weise, Hagelin

Who else? WOW.
Lineup?
FA - Gomez - Drury
Grachev - Anisimov - Zherdev
Korpikoski - Dubinsky - Callahan
Speedster (Sjo)- Grinder (Betts)- Goon (Orr)

Goners?
Voros - Rissmiller - Fritsche
Dawes - Moore - Prucha

Possibilities?
Stepan - Campbell - Hillier
Soryal - Kveton - Dupont
Zaborsky - Weise - Hagelin

It is more like a realstic lineup
Still kinda WOW though

Old
01-21-2009, 05:59 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I was talking about our young guys Dawes and Prucha will be here for a long time so subtract Gomez because he will most likely be traded in the coming years and add a free agent winger until our young guns develop. It is better to keep your homegrown players like Dawes and Prucha than sign a bunch of UFAs.

And think about it:

If Renney leaves in a couple of years which I think is very possible, the defensive system won't be enforced upon all our young players so they can be more free and do their thing AKA scoring Dawes and Prucha would do much better under a different coach.

Closed Thread