HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, European & Juniors discussion (no AHL) (con't...)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
My fault, the way the poster sounded "Has yet to take the next step" it sounded as if he's been watching him all season.
Just for the record, I've seen MDZ play about a dozen times over the course of the past two seasons. This weekend's games were the first I saw him play in a London uniform, as I'm based out of Niagara so when I get a chance to see a prospect it's against the Dogs. Thus, Oshawa, being an Eastern Conference teams, plays the Dogs a lot and I've seen him in an Oshawa uniform many times.

I'm just not his biggest fan. That's why I said, "just one man's opinion." However, it is an opinion and I know you guys in New York don't get a chance to see a lot of junior games and thus I felt you might appreciate a report on him, whether it be good or bad.

He does have his supporters though. If you want a good report on Del Zotto, I'd try the poster "fatum." He's a big fan.

Old
01-24-2009, 09:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Just for the record, I've seen MDZ play about a dozen times over the course of the past two seasons. This weekend's games were the first I saw him play in a London uniform, as I'm based out of Niagara so when I get a chance to see a prospect it's against the Dogs.

I'm just not his biggest fan. That's why I said, "just one man's opinion." However, it is an opinion and I know you guys in New York don't get a chance to see a lot of junior games and thus I felt you might appreciate a report on him, whether it be good or bad.

He does have his supporters though. If you want a good report on Del Zotto, I'd try the poster "fatum." He's a big fan.
No worries...any report on any prospect is a good one Didnt mean to come across like it didnt matter.

Thanks for taking the time to even come hear and give us your opinion on him recently.

Old
01-25-2009, 11:17 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Just for the record, I've seen MDZ play about a dozen times over the course of the past two seasons. This weekend's games were the first I saw him play in a London uniform, as I'm based out of Niagara so when I get a chance to see a prospect it's against the Dogs. Thus, Oshawa, being an Eastern Conference teams, plays the Dogs a lot and I've seen him in an Oshawa uniform many times.

Agreed with Fly - just 'cause I don't agree with your assessment, doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the input. I happen to be a MDZ fan, but there are certainly other Rangers prospects that I'm down on (basically anyone drafted in 2007 not named Hagelin). By all means, please keep the reports coming.

Old
01-25-2009, 12:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Carl Hagelin scored his 8th goal in a Michigan win. 8-11-19 in 26.

Max Campbell potted his 11th. He's now at 11-5-16 in 25.

It's just pain.
Old
01-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Agreed with Fly - just 'cause I don't agree with your assessment, doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the input. I happen to be a MDZ fan, but there are certainly other Rangers prospects that I'm down on (basically anyone drafted in 2007 not named Hagelin). By all means, please keep the reports coming.
Oh no worries guys. I didn't take it personally, I just wanted you to know that this wasn't the first time I had seen Del Zotto play, and that I wasn't basing my opinion on just one game.

I'll obviously keep them coming.

Old
01-25-2009, 02:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

MDZ rifled a puck into the net on the PP.He assisted on Carlson's PPG.

Grachev is a monster.He was stopped on a breakaway and can't be contained one on one.He assisted on Brampton's first goal.He just assisted on Brampton's second goal on the PP.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 01-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old
01-25-2009, 02:29 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Where can I watch these games?

Old
01-25-2009, 02:43 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
MDZ rifled a puck into the net on the PP.He assisted on Carlson's PPG.

Grachev is a monster.He was stopped on a breakaway and can't be contained one on one.He assisted on Brampton's first goal.He just assisted on Brampton's second goal on the PP.
Just realized Grachev is on a 10 game point scoring streak where he has scored 10 goals 10 assists for 20 points! He's averaging 2 points a game in the past month

If he didnt go to the WJCs..he could very well be in top 5 in scoring in the OHL (5th place man has 60 points, compared to Grachev's 53, but Grachev didnt play as many as 7-8 games as a bunch of the guys above him)...hes 16th BTW

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 01-25-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old
01-25-2009, 02:52 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Just realized Grachev is on a 10 game point scoring streak where he has scored 9 Goals 10 assists for 19 points! He's averaging 2 points a game in the past month

If he didnt go to the WJCs..he could very well be in top 5 in scoring in the OHL (5th place man has 60 points, compared to Grachev's 52, but Grachev didnt play as many as 7-8 games as a bunch of the guys above him)...hes 17th BTW
This is also including his very slow start. I guess he has adjusted fully now.

Old
01-25-2009, 02:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Grachev just scored #27.He plays the point on the PP.Interesting.

Duchesne,Hodgson and Kang.Grachev and Day on the points.

Old
01-25-2009, 03:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
So Grachev is now at 27-26-53 in 39 and an astonishing +25.

Mitch Gaulton played his first games back this weekend. He was -4 with no points.

Old
01-25-2009, 03:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Grachev-#1 star of the game

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...?game_id=15685

#16 in OHL scoring

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...pe=top_scorers

#1 in rookie OHL scoring

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...&singleSeason=

Last edited by RangerBoy: 01-25-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old
01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Grachev....first star AGAIN...Yawn

1st star of the game 3 outta the last 4 games.

Old
01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
And Del Zotto with a goal and assist, putting him at 2-5-7 in 7 games with London and 9-31-40 in 41 for the season. He's +4 for London after being -12 with Oshawa.

Old
01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
And #9 in goals.

Old
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Levitate

Definitely gotta start thinking about Grachev going to the AHL next year if he keeps this up. He seems like he's on the verge of dominating at this point

Old
01-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

haha any chance we can get an emergency callup to the rangers?

Old
01-25-2009, 07:21 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Definitely gotta start thinking about Grachev going to the AHL next year if he keeps this up. He seems like he's on the verge of dominating at this point
We have to wait and see how many players from HFD's roster make the Rangers next year (if any) or just out right leave before Grachev moves up a level. There is alot of depth in HFD and despite Grachev dominating it may not hurt to let him develop more in the O. One year is good but you can't judge his development on just that one.

The Rangers rushed prospects before and we have seen how that panned out. They can't do that with Grachev, Sanguinetti, MDZ or any of them. Next year Anisimov and maybe Potter will move up and that is it.

Old
01-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Levitate

If they think it's in his best interest, they'll make room for him.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
We have to wait and see how many players from HFD's roster make the Rangers next year (if any) or just out right leave before Grachev moves up a level. There is alot of depth in HFD and despite Grachev dominating it may not hurt to let him develop more in the O. One year is good but you can't judge his development on just that one.

The Rangers rushed prospects before and we have seen how that panned out. They can't do that with Grachev, Sanguinetti, MDZ or any of them. Next year Anisimov and maybe Potter will move up and that is it.
Disagree. Most of the players are career AHLers..they can easily make room for an actual player with potential.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:29 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Disagree. Most of the players are career AHLers..they can easily make room for an actual player with potential.
Exactly. Room can always be made for potential NHLers. I dont think its even a question at this point that grachev will be in hartford next year.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:36 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post

There is no depth in Hartford at all. They're icing a ton of no-name losers. I can't imagine that at least one, if not more, players will be Rangers next season of the Potter, Sanguinetti, Anisimov, Sauer group.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

agreed. the only people id call legit prospects who have a chance at making the NHL with the Rangers are:
Sauer
Sangs
AA
Pyatt
Byers

MAYBE Dupont

Old
01-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Kostik

Kveton with goal and assist in hist last game. He scored with nice slap shot on powerplay.
He has now 43points(21g,22a) in 39 games.

Old
01-26-2009, 05:28 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think Kveton is ultimately going to have to spend some time in Hartford if he wants a real shot with this team. I think it shows a level of dedication and maturity. I don't know enough about the league he's currently in to say which is better for his development, but it's easier to get a guy into the lineup on a drive from Hartford, than it is to fly him across the Atlantic.
Exactly, this was my whole point. Or else. Let's just forget Kveton as a prospect and it doesn't make a difference if we're updated every other day if he has an assist or a goal if he feels it does him no good to come over and play for Hartford or Charlotte.

If playing in the NHL is his ultimate goal, and people who follow him feel he's that good what's the big deal about coming over to NA and displaying his hockey skills with the Wolf Pack for a year or two? Some players haven't succeeded but at least felt it worth a try.

Korpokoski has done it.
Grachev .....
Anisimov.....
Zaborsky.....
Kundratek.....
Baranka.....(I know he's playing in EU but he did come over here for a while and played for the Ranger affiliate teams).
Immonen.....(he's playing in EU as well but did play with the Wolf Pack for a while and probably even still, would be welcome on some NHL teams).

Kveton ?? Not only does it help him become more accustomed to playing NA style hockey but also its culture and way of life.

Closed Thread