HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whom to trade

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Whom to trade

Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit from the market.

Accordingly, I call for the trading of Kovalev, Gorges, Lapierre, Lang, Kostopoulos, Pacioretty, Price and Andrei K. And of course, PK.

Another good time to trade players is when they disappoint us. The idea is to trade your garbage before others realize their skills aren't what they were previously reputed to be. This is the logic that calls for trading Higgins, Plekanec, Sergei K., Hamrlik, Koivu, Laraque, Begin, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois, even d'Agostini now that he has stopped scoring.

Good young players loved by some fans are often included in trade wishes in order for that player to "get out from under" the management that is not appreciating them enough to give them starring roles. This has prompted calls to trade players like Halak and Chipchura.

Needless to say, it is important to trade players about to become UFA, lest they walk for no return at all to the club. Look at the utter disaster that has befallen the Habs ever since they "let Sheldon Souray go". It is IMPERATIVE, therefore, to deal Tanguay and Komisarek as soon as posbbile and for as much as we can get.

I was going to keep Markov, but I'm pretty sure he'll demand a trade once we move the others, so I guess he will have to go, too.

Go away Habs Go!

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 01-26-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old
01-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Iwishihadacup

aahahhahhaa nice one!!!

you were joking right?!!?

trading Komisarek and Tanguay when we are clearly in a cup run?

Old
01-26-2009, 09:07 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit friom the market.

Accordingly, I call for the trading of Kovalev, Gorges, Lapierre, Lang, Kostopoulos, Pacioretty, Price and Andrei K. And of course, PK.

Another good time to trade players is when they disappoint us. The idea is to trade your garbage before others realize their skills aren't what they were previously reputed to be. This is the logic that calls for trading Higgins, Plekanec, Sergei K., Hamrlik, Koivu, Laraque, Begin, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois, even d'Agostini now that he has stopped scoring.

Good young players loved by some fans are often included in trade wishes in order for that player to "get out from under" the management that is not appreciating them enough to give them starring roles. This has prompted calls to trade players like Halak and Chipchura.

Needless to say, it is important to trade players about to become UFA, lest they walk for no return at all to the club. Look at the utter disaster that has befallen the Habs ever since they "let Sheldon Souray go". It is IMPERATIVE, therefore, to deal Tanguay and Komisarek as soon as posbbile and for as much as we can get.

Go away Habs Go!
How does one's value go up in a game where no one is hitting or trying that hard?

When will the lock be in????

Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Stick to baseball, coach.

Old
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

No thank you. Resign him.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:11 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
When will the lock be in????
Could we lock up all the stupid threads calling to trade everyone instead?

Old
01-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit friom the market.

Go away Habs Go!
You splashed me with your dripping sarcasm. It's acidic and burned through my clothes.

You've motivated me to start a "stand pat" thread just to see if I can get the thread locked out of it's controversy.

how many will you reel in?

Old
01-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Could we lock up all the stupid threads calling to trade everyone instead?
oh the irony...

Old
01-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Fozz

This is "Hockey's Future"... Now never matters here! The Habs should trade any player above 25 years old for prospects and draft picks. That's all that really matters in hockey, after all.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
There is so much sarcasm in the OP it almost gave me a concussion.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:18 PM
red alert 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Stick to baseball, coach.
God you should see him coach... Worse than his hockey comments

Old
01-26-2009, 09:20 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit from the market.

I was going to keep Markov, but I'm pretty sure he'll demand a trade once we move the others, so I guess he will have to go, too.

Go away Habs Go!
Such a post....does not merit words but merely a ..

Old
01-26-2009, 09:24 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
You splashed me with your dripping sarcasm. It's acidic and burned through my clothes.

You've motivated me to start a "stand pat" thread just to see if I can get the thread locked out of it's controversy.

how many will you reel in?
A few, I'm sure. But only because folks are so used to seeing everyone's name in trade rumours, usually for the wrong reasons, that the post may be believable to some. It's really not their fault!

Old
01-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137

Old
01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Lone Rogue

While we're at it, fire Trevor Timmins, Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau. Clearly we could save on their contracts and pick up younger, feistier administration.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
aahahhahhaa nice one!!!

you were joking right?!!?

trading Komisarek and Tanguay when we are clearly in a cup run?
Sucked you in like a black hole. aahahhahhaa nice one!!!

Old
01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
ummm, just wondering... what the hell is that? Hahaha

Old
01-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
What a fail.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
I LMAO at the randomness of this video

Old
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Habs83

Maybe trade youppi?

He's obviously too old to be here.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:58 PM
j c petit
Locked-out

BaseballCoach=J.C.Lajoie

Old
01-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Kriss E

Am I the only one who realized BC was being sarcastic..??

Old
01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
i enjoy bc

Old
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
ummm, just wondering... what the hell is that? Hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
What a fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
I LMAO at the randomness of this video

It's the Wicker Man. I downloaded the movie 'cause I honestly thought it was a comedy from all the videos people sent me. Jesus Price was I wrong. Arguably worst movie ever. These are literally the best part of the movie.

Old
01-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I wouldn't be against trading Kovalev tbh, but that's just me.

Closed Thread