HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL All-star game (featuring Vesce and Joslin)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2009, 05:41 PM
  #26
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I believe it was like 98.6. The normal humans temp
98.6 on his first attempt...less than half that on his second.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:44 PM
  #27
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
98.6 on his first attempt...less than half that on his second.
nice, I just remember reading that....What happened on his second attempt? Just completely screwed up?

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:51 PM
  #28
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
nice, I just remember reading that....What happened on his second attempt? Just completely screwed up?
It was obvious that his first attempt was going to win it (the last shooter was a fill in for last year's winner and didn't have a, pardon the pun, shot in Hell of winning)...so Joslin and a few of the other players pumped up the crowd, and he took an extra stride into the puck trying for 100....






...and almost whiffed.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:53 PM
  #29
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
It was obvious that his first attempt was going to win it (the last shooter was a fill in for last year's winner and didn't have a, pardon the pun, shot in Hell of winning)...so Joslin and a few of the other players pumped up the crowd, and he took an extra stride into the puck trying for 100....

...and almost whiffed.
Solid...good thing he at least hit something and didn't fall down.

Random thought: Would the Sharks do a "team skills comp" like some of the other teams do?

I guess this could go in another thread.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:14 PM
  #30
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Solid...good thing he at least hit something and didn't fall down.

Random thought: Would the Sharks do a "team skills comp" like some of the other teams do?

I guess this could go in another thread.
They haven't done one...but I should ask if they would ever do one.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 07:00 PM
  #31
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
They haven't done one...but I should ask if they would ever do one.
I think that would be pretty cool if they did it and sold tickets (more money to get out of that red ). I am sure they would get a good showing

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
  #32
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I think that would be pretty cool if they did it and sold tickets (more money to get out of that red ). I am sure they would get a good showing
You're presuming the WorSharks are in the red.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
  #33
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
You're presuming the WorSharks are in the red.
no, I was actually referencing the SJ Sharks (that was why I said I should probably put it in another thread). But I don't see why the WorSharks couldn't do it. I just like the idea, it involves the fans and they get to see the players having fun with each other.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
  #34
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
no, I was actually referencing the SJ Sharks (that was why I said I should probably put it in another thread). But I don't see why the WorSharks couldn't do it. I just like the idea, it involves the fans and they get to see the players having fun with each other.
I wrote it on my pad, so at some point I will ask.

They do have a couple of season ticket holder practices with autograph sessions/skate with the team type events during the season...and as you might guess those practices are rarely anything close to what their normal ones are like. Maybe they've just never been asked about it.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.