HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Mikko Koivu or Ales Hemsky

View Poll Results: Who would you take?
Hemsky (Not an Oiler fan) 97 31.70%
Koivu (Not a Wild fan) 122 39.87%
Hemsky (Oiler fan) 74 24.18%
Koivu (Wild fan) 13 4.25%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2009, 12:18 PM
  #51
nvan97
Registered User
 
nvan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djo89 View Post
Hemsky, he would be great in DC.
I couldn't imagine the damage he would help the Caps inflict on other teams.

nvan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:16 PM
  #52
One Trick Pony*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 500
Hemsky.

He has been better than Koivu the last four seasons, and is this year.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
  #53
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
EDIT: Looks like Koivu's winning actually. Also, how do you count the 'homer' votes? Are they completely discounted or are they worth like 1/2 the vote?
Note that there are roughly seven billion Oilers fans on HFboards and four or five Wild fans.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
  #54
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,446
vCash: 50
Hemsky, Oiler fan, get to see Koivu play a lot living in Alberta.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:13 PM
  #55
Giggli G
Registered User
 
Giggli G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
But we all know at least half of the votes for Koivu are irritable Canucks and Flames fans...

Giggli G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:17 PM
  #56
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
But we all know at least half of the votes for Koivu are irritable Canucks and Flames fans...
Dude, the Wild are WAY more of a divisional rival than the Oilers. And I'm glad Koivu received his comeuppance for elbowing our players in the head .

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
  #57
MerryJ99
Registered User
 
MerryJ99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Well you can all have Koivu, I would rather have Hemsky and his Point totals because Points help win games. Hemmer's PPG average is consistently better over a 3 year span.

I would like to see where this poll would be in a year from now.

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:41 PM
  #58
Senor Catface
Registered User
 
Senor Catface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Nepal
Posts: 6,265
vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakovsky View Post
Dude, the Wild are WAY more of a divisional rival than the Oilers. And I'm glad Koivu received his comeuppance for elbowing our players in the head .
You and rest of your dungeon masters crew will be the only 5 people who think that.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:10 PM
  #59
Klaus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dead
Country:
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakovsky View Post
Dude, the Wild are WAY more of a divisional rival than the Oilers.
Of course, two teams battling it out for the basement of the NW.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:17 PM
  #60
Lounge Act*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country:
Posts: 4,282
vCash: 500
The options should have included "Koivu: Wild/Canucks/Flames fan". To be fair to Canucks fan there's like one or two who will vote and biases aside but Flames sure the heck won't, ever. 'Jes sayin.

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 07:46 PM
  #61
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynegetic Dawg View Post
Of course, two teams battling it out for the basement of the NW.
You're making Oiler fans all look like trolls.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 07:50 PM
  #62
Klaus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dead
Country:
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
You're making Oiler fans all look like trolls.
I don't even need to point out the hypocrisy in your statement.

And trolling in my own thread? That's a new one.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:25 PM
  #63
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynegetic Dawg View Post
I don't even need to point out the hypocrisy in your statement.
Where have I trolled?

Quote:
And trolling in my own thread? That's a new one.
You pulled it off, kudos.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
  #64
Bourdon
Registered User
 
Bourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
But we all know at least half of the votes for Koivu are irritable Canucks and Flames fans...
Why won't you concede the fact that people like Koivu better? We have no reason to choose Koivu over Hemsky. I mean, Koivu absolutely hates us.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:50 PM
  #65
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever
 
Phaneufed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Georgia
Posts: 4,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyforpm View Post
I'd like to add that Hemsky plays nearly 3.5 less minutes per game and shares the same +/- as the "defensively responsible" Koivu.
+/- means NOTHING. Defensive stud Marek Malik lead the league in +/- over players like Lidstrom, Pronger, etc. a few years back, i'm pretty sure i'd take Lidstrom over Malik, but it's close.

I'll take Koivu due to his obvious defensive edge, his leadership (there's a reason he has the C, y'know), and the fact that offense is practically similar, with Hemsky only probably being slightly better.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:32 PM
  #66
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Lol I love how this is turning into Oilers fans complaining that it must be Flames and Canucks fans voting for Koivu because obviously there is no other way that Koivu could be winning the poll.

After Hemsky loses this one who will be the next Hemsky poll be in comparison to?

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:36 PM
  #67
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
Koivu is a tremendous player, I like him a lot. He's superb defensively, a leader on and off the ice and good offensively but I have to take Hemsky. He has the potential to be a game breaking, 100 pt a season player. I think of Koivu as an improved version of Jere Lehtinen, and that's NOT an insult. It'd be great to have them both on one line.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:32 AM
  #68
Red Dragon
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,823
vCash: 500
Hemsky for me. I want the offense, plenty of guys who can make up the defence.

I wonder if the same oiler fans who are using the "he has been better over the past 4 years" argument here, voted for Spezza in the hemsky vs. spezza poll?

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:33 AM
  #69
Red Dragon
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
After Hemsky loses this one who will be the next Hemsky poll be in comparison to?
Spezza now Koivu, seems to be going down a level, Lupul?

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:03 AM
  #70
Klaus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dead
Country:
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
Where have I trolled?
Either stay on topic or stop posting in the thread already.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:24 AM
  #71
Saren
Multi Pass!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fhloston Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
Koivu's two way game is just way too good for me to pass up. It's quite, shocking, actually, to be accused of voting for Koivu simply because we hate Edmonton- that's not true at all, for if anything, we loathe Minnesota and vice versa.

In the end, it's up to preference. Ales wouldn't thrive in Vancouver like he has in Edmonton, whereas Koivu is the carbon copy of what I want Kesler to turn out to be.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:36 AM
  #72
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,318
vCash: 500
The thing is:

Ales Hemsky - RW
Mikko Koivu - C

That to me tells me a lot. Hemsky wouldn't last a moment playing center under Lemaire.

Lemaire doesn't trust young players to be centers because he wants the veterans who know how to play defense and been around the league. The fact that Koivu is playing center for Lemaire and playing at such a high level is amazing.

Koivu has been on some amazing international teams as well and has won a lot of awards.

I don't know about you but that says a lot to me that such a young player is added to the Olympic roster and is asked to do so much.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:17 AM
  #73
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynegetic Dawg View Post
Either stay on topic or stop posting in the thread already.
Thought so.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:25 AM
  #74
hemmer_forever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
I'll take the guy that can keep me on the edge of my seat screaming ENCORE! ENCORE! any day of the week.

Or the one that makes my face go all the time.

I just love the entertainment value Hemsky brings. And he is very underrated in terms of grit.

hemmer_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:04 AM
  #75
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,793
vCash: 500
I call bogus on this poll... since when there are Wild fans around here?

I'd take Koivu but it's a hard choice.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.