HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#47 -- Flyers at Panthers -- January 27, 2009 -- 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
01-27-2009, 09:25 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Well, for my 1000 post I will say this:

"Even though we lost this sad game... GIROUX HAS FINALLY SCORED!!!"

4 digits baby...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Miss Mess

Way to fail, boys. Once they waved off our goal, I knew we wouldn't score again. Coburn and Jones are both ****. And Biron, must you let in a softie every game?! Jesus h christ.

The FL commentators are ridiculous. Could not be more biased!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Atleast Giroux got his 1st goal...thats the only positive from this game really.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
Atleast Giroux got his 1st goal...thats the only positive from this game really.
I think the other positive is the play of the Richards line. I was worried about them for a while but I thought they had a solid game.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:59 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Damn it! I was watching from my sister's house and was doing HW. 2nd sucked 3rd we played well. But come on! can we ever play a full 60 minutes of hockey ever?

good for Giroux.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:16 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
"Im looking right over his shoulder" drunk ass
LOL

awesome

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Did someone just blame Coburn's lackluster play on the system? Funny, last year when he was potential stud shutdown there was no mention of system.

Anyway, he needs to keep playing, play through it. And I didn't see many bad plays from him tonight.

The call on Timonen was ludicrous. I guess the bright side of it is that it saved a lot of folks here the discomfort of saying "nice pass by Jones".

Carter was stymied all night. Richards is focring things. Alberts looked okay. Biron allows a lamer, or was it two? Wow is that fourth line ineffective now.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Did someone just blame Coburn's lackluster play on the system? Funny, last year when he was potential stud shutdown there was no mention of system.

Anyway, he needs to keep playing, play through it. And I didn't see many bad plays from him tonight.

The call on Timonen was ludicrous. I guess the bright side of it is that it saved a lot of folks here the discomfort of saying "nice pass by Jones".

Carter was stymied all night. Richards is focring things. Alberts looked okay. Biron allows a lamer, or was it two? Wow is that fourth line ineffective now.
I'm starting to think Metropolit is a line killer. He couldn't get anything going with Hartnell and Lupul to start the year, he's produced no offense with anybody else (picked up a few cheap assists early on when Gagne was playing out of his mind), and now he's been bumped from the third line in favour of Powe. The 4th line has produced some nice games when centred by Kalinski or Powe. Now Metro is down there, they barely see the ice, and when they do they get nothing done.

I know he has some fans on this board, but seriously...waive him. He is useless on this roster.

Old
01-27-2009, 10:38 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
"It's a little suspect when, and no offense to Kimmo, he's pushing people around in front and they're falling like that," Flyers captain Mike Richards said. "Maybe the guys should hit the gym more."
funny, and relevant, quote from richards after the game.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:41 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I still think Metro is fine as a 3rd line C, he's had several 30 point seasons. The problem is that he's not good enough to center guys like Hartnell and Lupul. But at the same time, look at who he's played with. It's been a lot of AHLers, an unmotivated Lupul, and even defensemen.

I think that if he gets time with Giroux and Upshall, he'll be fairly effective or even if he's with a guy like Knuble (which I would prefer). He's a smart player and he knows how to pass, just needs the right situation.

The problem is that he isn't an energy player like a Powe or Kalinski which is why he won't be effective on the 4th line.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I still think Metro is fine as a 3rd line C, he's had several 30 point seasons. The problem is that he's not good enough to center guys like Hartnell and Lupul. But at the same time, look at who he's played with. It's been a lot of AHLers, an unmotivated Lupul, and even defensemen.

I think that if he gets time with Giroux and Upshall, he'll be fairly effective or even if he's with a guy like Knuble (which I would prefer). He's a smart player and he knows how to pass, just needs the right situation.

The problem is that he isn't an energy player like a Powe or Kalinski which is why he won't be effective on the 4th line.
I like Powe on that line. He keeps up with Giroux and Upshall's speed which Metro can not

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:03 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I like Powe on that line. He keeps up with Giroux and Upshall's speed which Metro can not
I dunno, I'm not totally sold on Powe yet although I like him and I think he has potential. Keep in mind though that he's playing with an excellent 3rd liner (Upshall) and an elite prospect (Giroux) which are better linemates than a lazy Lupul and AHLers/d-men.

I don't mind giving him a run to see how he does in the future, but I'd at least keep Metro on standby.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:55 PM
medicman

Well that was fun........not!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I dunno, I'm not totally sold on Powe yet although I like him and I think he has potential. Keep in mind though that he's playing with an excellent 3rd liner (Upshall) and an elite prospect (Giroux) which are better linemates than a lazy Lupul and AHLers/d-men.

I don't mind giving him a run to see how he does in the future, but I'd at least keep Metro on standby.
For the playoffs, Briere will be in the third line spot and Powe is a more effective energy player for the 4th line. What's the point in Metro?

It'd be nice if he was an extraordinary faceoff guy so there'd be a reason to keep him around all season, but he's pretty bad at those too. He doesn't look like a fool on the PK, but we have a plethora of forwards who can fill that role as well.

If we're trying to save cap space, I'd look right at Metro. He brings nothing we desperately need for $1M. Only Jones occupies more wasted cap space than that. The only argument you could make is that once the playoffs roll around and Cote takes a seat, you're short a body...unless they plan on playing Cote this year (I'd rather have Gratton in the playoffs if they want a tough guy). There's also a strong possibility of adding a forward at the deadline. Whether that's Forsberg or someone not on the radar yet, Metro becomes even more pointless.

I know you like the guy and it's not that I want to bash him, I just don't see him as a fit on this roster. I didn't in the summer and I don't now.

Old
01-28-2009, 12:19 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
5 pts back from the RAGS
3 points.
we still have 2 games in hand.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Philadelphia Flames

With Detroit allowing a shg today, we're the only team that has not allowed a shg this season.

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:04 AM
BerubeBox*

I'll never buy into the league or officiating conspiracies, but jesus christ it's hard to argue against sometimes. Just an atrocious call at an atrocious time.

"Kimmo shouldn't have given them a reason" -- that is idiotic. Fighting for position in front of the net is called ****ing hockey. Not to mention how weak it was.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
----

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:11 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
With Detroit allowing a shg today, we're the only team that has not allowed a shg this season.
jinx, and now if we allow one, it'll be all your fault

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:43 AM
kicksave27

Quote:

Whatever line metro is centering becomes the 4th line. I know he put up numbers other places. Bu I just don't see it. Whenever an opposing player gets near him, he can't seem to stay on his skates(not in a diving way). Sometimes he just falls down by himself for no reason. Sure people loose edges, but for someone getting little minutes, it shouldn't happen that often. He's good for two JJ's "nice move by metropolit" when he shifts to avoid a guy a puts a nice pass to someone in the neutral zone. But thats about it.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:56 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
The Flyers have 2 wins this year when trailing after 2

That is not a good stat
Not many teams have many more wins when trailing after 2. If you lead after 2, you're supposed to win.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Not many teams have many more wins when trailing after 2. If you lead after 2, you're supposed to win.
There's a difference between "supposed to win" and "rolling over."

The better question is how many games have we gotten points out of when trailing after 2.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Get Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post

Biron let in a softy, but he made some big saves. Flyers need to stop taking more penalties than the other team and start scoring on the Power Play on the Road.

Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:51 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I did not expect to have liek 10. But with the offense that this team is supposed to have, we should have more then 2 IMO. But thats just me

And I love Powe. I think he is a great player, and want too see him on the 4th liune when/if briere comes back over Metropolt

In the playoffs, if we do not dress Cote, we could have a 4th line of
Asham-Metro/Powe-Powe/Metro

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
AaronTrieu

richards needs to get his head in the game. seems like it takes him forever to get anything going.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote