HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh-Columbus

Old
01-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Doug19

vCash: 500
The original proposal would set Columbus back for a few years. No thanks, no even a little bit interested.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Salvage21

Just curious to see what you columbus fans thought about a J.Staal for Voracek trade..

I'm a Rangers fan and was just quickly reading through.. I know Voracek is a potential first line winger but Staal could give you guys a lot of depth at center as well as about the same/probably more scoring punch than Voracek gives you(right now in his development). I know a lot of people say that columbus HAS to make the playoffs this season- as much as I personally don't think that's the case.. it would certainly give them a lot of good press around FA team and staal could be that guy to push you over the hump.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
Just curious to see what you columbus fans thought about a J.Staal for Voracek trade..

I'm a Rangers fan and was just quickly reading through.. I know Voracek is a potential first line winger but Staal could give you guys a lot of depth at center as well as about the same/probably more scoring punch than Voracek gives you(right now in his development). I know a lot of people say that columbus HAS to make the playoffs this season- as much as I personally don't think that's the case.. it would certainly give them a lot of good press around FA team and staal could be that guy to push you over the hump.
As nice as it would be to have one of the Staal brothers, Voracek isn't available. (See Myth #1 for the reasons why. And THANK YOU for already seeing through Myth #4. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV 27 View Post
As a Pens fan I don't want Nash. I know how well he'd do with Sid but the last thing the Pens need is a 7M contract on the books. I'd much rather they get 2 or 3 of CBJ's young guys then Nash and one of them (ya I know CBJ doens't want to trade them so don't go quoting those dam myths).
This is what I'm trying to figure out. For as good as Nash is, you seriously mean to tell me a good center is the ONLY thing stopping CBJ? Please. Nash is good, but I wouldn't move Staal or Whitney for just him. Contract-wise and his ability to "fit" with the Penguins just don't make sense.

Why do people, including Pens fans, continue to go at CBJ anyway. Sure, they need a center, but they ain't getting him from us and we have nothing else they need or we would want to give them anyway.

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post

No thank you. And I like Staal.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:16 PM
pensown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I think you'd be lucky to just get Nash with that package
I wish Rick Nash was a superstar so everyone wouldn't have to judge his talent but he is not.

69 points in a year anyway you slice them does not equal a superstar.

One or two highlight reel goals mean nothing. Even Satan shot a puck from between his legs this year and scored. Thats right Miroslav Satan.

I mean Whitney has got high 50s in points in a season before as a defensemen and he is a joke on these forums(for some reason). So what is a forward in the 60s? I guess a superstar.

I also love the:

"Staal,Whitney and two 1sts maybe could get Nash". Such a joke. At least I hope you are joking.... That proposal would probably get you Heatley easily, and he is signed longer and is a better player. But the longevity and terms of a contract don't matter on HFboards only Youtube clips.

pensown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:31 PM
pittiful89

I do have to agree with Pensown about the absurdity of the "this could maybe get Nash" comment. Of course, now it's time for some CBJ fan to bring in his little "the truth about" post...as if Staal and Whitney are incapable of being core players.

They wouldn't trade Filatov for Ovechkin, as only the former is part of their core...

pittiful89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

A trade proposal so bad that if it happened BOTH teams GM's would probably be fired.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:40 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensown View Post
I wish Rick Nash was a superstar so everyone wouldn't have to judge his talent but he is not.

69 points in a year anyway you slice them does not equal a superstar.

One or two highlight reel goals mean nothing. Even Satan shot a puck from between his legs this year and scored. Thats right Miroslav Satan.

I mean Whitney has got high 50s in points in a season before as a defensemen and he is a joke on these forums(for some reason). So what is a forward in the 60s? I guess a superstar.

I also love the:

"Staal,Whitney and two 1sts maybe could get Nash". Such a joke. At least I hope you are joking.... That proposal would probably get you Heatley easily, and he is signed longer and is a better player. But the longevity and terms of a contract don't matter on HFboards only Youtube clips.
My statement had more to do with Nash's importance to CBJ more than his actual worth....

Now, Nash can put up 50 goals easily, but he needs someone to help him out. If he had Sid, those two would destroy all. I'm not saying that Pitt isn't giving up a ton, but in this proposal...they're just going for the wrong player (too important to franchise).

Some highlight reel goals isn't what makes Nash a superstar, his ridiculous ability is what makes him a superstar.

Anddddddd don't bring up Satan ever ever ever again in the same light as Nash.

Ever ever ever ever

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittiful89 View Post
I do have to agree with Pensown about the absurdity of the "this could maybe get Nash" comment. Of course, now it's time for some CBJ fan to bring in his little "the truth about" post...as if Staal and Whitney are incapable of being core players.

They wouldn't trade Filatov for Ovechkin, as only the former is part of their core...
Filatov and Nash are as important to CBJ as Malkin and Crosby are to the Pens.

They're just not going to trade them, ever. It'd have to be an outrageous overpay.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:57 PM
pittiful89

Quote:
I believe this is wrong. Rank them on a list of league duos going forward, and they wouldn't be top-10.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
I believe this is wrong. Rank them on a list of league duos going forward, and they wouldn't be top-10 today. They just might be in a few years though
Fixed for you.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:00 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
I believe this is wrong. Rank them on a list of league duos going forward, and they wouldn't be top-10.
Please read my whole statement again and realize the problem with your response.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
pittiful89

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Fixed for you.
You're right.

I'd only take Toews/Kane, Kopitar/Brown, Lecav/Stamkos, Getzlaf and Perry/Ryan, Ovy and either of Semin/Backstrom, almost any combination of SJs top 4 scorers, Crosby/Malkin, Vanek/Roy, and Spezza/Heatley moving forward. That puts them at #10, making them top-10...except I'd frankly rather have Tavares and (Good young forward X) from whichever team gets him.

That makes 10. Sorry.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:05 PM
pensown

Quote:
My statement had more to do with Nash's importance to CBJ more than his actual worth....

Now, Nash can put up 50 goals easily, but he needs someone to help him out. If he had Sid, those two would destroy all. I'm not saying that Pitt isn't giving up a ton, but in this proposal...they're just going for the wrong player (too important to franchise).

Some highlight reel goals isn't what makes Nash a superstar, his ridiculous ability is what makes him a superstar.

Anddddddd don't bring up Satan ever ever ever again in the same light as Nash.

Ever ever ever ever
Quote:

They're just not going to trade them, ever. It'd have to be an outrageous overpay.

Hmmm.

Rediculous Skill? Thats Bold. Rediculous Skill but in fine print(needs dominating line mates)
He could score 50 goals easy? So, why doesnt he do it. Ohhhh, he needs 2/3 of the best players in the world to feed him passes. Malkin already has his 70 points this year with Fedetenko ,Sykora ,Cooke ,Talbot ,Satan, Dupuis. So, what you are saying is if Nash had a good center he could have 50 goals. What if Malkin had a good winger? Could he have 150 points?

Satan has scored over 70 points in one year, twice. Until Nash can do that well I guess Satan can be mentioned with Nash.

pensown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
pittiful89

I'm learning the flaws in statements like "Nash would put up 50 easily if he had a good center." Great center or not, he's a .43 GPG scorer for his career.

That does not equal a perennial 50 goal scorer. 50 goals in a season requires over .6 GPG over all 82 games.

As for your other point, I agree...the Pens don't need to get a Nash/Filatov level player...they just need good young wingers signed to affordable contracts.

I think you could net one of those for Staal...and another for Whitney. And I think this is the course of action Shero should take.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:12 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensown View Post
Hmmm.

Rediculous Skill? Thats Bold. Rediculous Skill but in fine print(needs dominating line mates)
He could score 50 goals easy? So, why doesnt he do it. Ohhhh, he needs 2/3 of the best players in the world to feed him passes. Malkin already has his 70 points this year with Fedetenko ,Sykora ,Cooke ,Talbot ,Satan, Dupuis. So, what you are saying is if Nash had a good center he could have 50 goals. What if Malkin had a good winger? Could he have 150 points?

Satan has scored over 70 points in one year, twice. Until Nash can do that well I guess Satan can be mentioned with Nash.
Nash doesn't need a dominating line-mate, he needs a good linemate to compliment him. He hasn't had that linemate yet. Nash with a center and that has good passing skills would drive up his production immensely. No, he doesn't NEED Crosby or Malkin, I was just sayinggggggg those two since he'd be going to join them, and Crosby is exactly the type-center Nash needs.

Malkin isn't the same player as Nash, so I won't compare the two like you have. Malkin will get his points no matter what...that's why he's one of the top 3 players in the world and Nash isn't.

Satan had 70 points? Yiipppeeeeeeee! Congrats to him but that doesn't mean a thing. The only time Satan should be mentioned in the same sentence as Nash is if someone said "God, I wish Satan had half the talent Rick Nash has".

Old
01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan87 View Post
lol if columbus actually did this trade
Coming from the guy who proposed Kopitar and Brown for Savard

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Nash doesn't need a dominating line-mate, he needs a good linemate to compliment him. He hasn't had that linemate yet.
Maybe, maybe not. See Huselius, Kristian, and Nash's current PPG pace.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
what are you smoking? If the deal is Malkin and Whitney for Nash and Filatov, CBJ do that in a hearbeat, Malkin could bring in more than Nash and Filatov on his own.
Yeah, I would do that every day of the week. I don't know why that's even debatable.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Rimers stache

Oh and Jordan Staal is not that great, and Ryan Whitney has 1g5a6p and -8 lol I would rather have Christian Backman 1g3a4p and +1 . If you break the trade down it's basically Staal and 1st 09 (mid/late round pick) for Nash and Whitney and 1st '10 (Late/last pick due to them having Crosby/Nash and Malkin/Filatov) for Filatov. Don't think thats equal because neither draft pick would garner any talent near Nikita Filatov

Old
01-27-2009, 04:31 PM
pittiful89

Yes, the value isn't quite there on CBJ's end...whoever, evaluating Whitney's point totals on a handful of games, and his +/- when he's only played during the Pens stretch of suckness...is wholly unfair. He's probably been their best defensemen since he's been back.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Nash is the most overrated player on these boards and Filatov has what 4 career goals? Filatov is hardly a lock to be a point a game player that everyone seems to think he will be, and Nash can keep getting his 65 point seasons in Cbus and get credit as though he were hitting 100. They can pay him the 7 mil hes gonna get, Pittsburgh passes on this.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3 View Post
Nash is the most overrated player on these boards and Filatov has what 4 career goals? Filatov is hardly a lock to be a point a game player that everyone seems to think he will be, and Nash can keep getting his 65 point seasons in Cbus and get credit as though he were hitting 100. They can pay him the 7 mil hes gonna get, Pittsburgh passes on this.
except that there is more to hockey than just points. Nash is also on a point per game pace and has been dominating teams all year. If you don't watch Columbus don't comment on there players, it's as simple as that.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Yes, the value isn't quite there on CBJ's end...whoever, evaluating Whitney's point totals on a handful of games, and his +/- when he's only played during the Pens stretch of suckness...is wholly unfair. He's probably been their best defensemen since he's been back.
I didn't see he has only played fifteen games but still Columbus is most expendable at defense we don't need to carry another defensemen who would end up on our bottom pairing. Hejda/Commodore have a combined +28 and combine for 28 pts, and Tyutin/Methot have a combined +9 and combine for 30 pts. This is also without Klesla and Russell either of whom Hitch would sit. On top of that CBJ have Derrick Brassard as there center for the future, not only is value not there but it doesn't make sense from a CBJ perspective to give up your current face of the franchise, and your future face of the franchise