HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

While we were sleeping, Matty got traded

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 06:47 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
While we were sleeping, Matty got traded

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-149787c.html

"Late last night, Sather undid one of the better moves he's made as GM, trading winger Matthew Barnaby and a third-round 2004 draft pick to Colorado for 19-year-old defense prospect David Liffiton, hulking veteran defenseman Chris McCallister and the 2004 second-rounder the Avalanche had acquired from Florida."

Not that bad for Matty. We give up our 3rd in exchange for another 2nd rounder and finally a defensive prospect w/ size. McCallister at the very least will play physical and is an upgrade over Maladog becuase he knows his role is to clear the crease.
Loosing Matty hurt. Not nearly as much as loosing Leetchie, however Matty was one of the very few that did NYR proud. He played his heart out EVERY NIGHT & EVERY SHIFT. Absolutely fearless and showed more guts and heart than 95% of ANY Ranger rooster over the past 7 years. He is one of 3 Rangers I hope makes his way back here (Leetch & Simon) are others. Hopefully he was not just paying lip service to us. I now have a Western team to root for to go along w/ the 'Leafs. No doubt that I beat the drum for Matty the loudest, however, like him or hate him, in the end, he helped us more in his seasons here than Messier has since he came back. And he helped the organization in the end, LIKE Leetch and UNLIKE Me$$ier. Good luck in the playoffs, Matty. I, for one, hope that a future road leads you back to MSG.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:04 AM
rangers

Barnaby was proud to be a Rangers. He played his heart out every game and gave it his best effort night in and night out. If we only had more players on the roster like Matt... Perfect teammate to go along with his skills on the ice (Did he have som sick passes once in a while or what?). I`m sure Colorado will grow to love him, just like we did.

Hopefully he`ll be back!

Old
03-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Jackson Ranger

Good job TB on the analysis. I think Barnaby EARNED the respect of a lot of posters here.

We'll miss you Matty, hopefully you'll be back next year!

Old
03-09-2004, 08:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-149787c.html

"Late last night, Sather undid one of the better moves he's made as GM, trading winger Matthew Barnaby and a third-round 2004 draft pick to Colorado for 19-year-old defense prospect David Liffiton, hulking veteran defenseman Chris McCallister and the 2004 second-rounder the Avalanche had acquired from Florida."

Not that bad for Matty. We give up our 3rd in exchange for another 2nd rounder and finally a defensive prospect w/ size. McCallister at the very least will play physical and is an upgrade over Maladog becuase he knows his role is to clear the crease.
Loosing Matty hurt. Not nearly as much as loosing Leetchie, however Matty was one of the very few that did NYR proud. He played his heart out EVERY NIGHT & EVERY SHIFT. Absolutely fearless and showed more guts and heart than 95% of ANY Ranger rooster over the past 7 years. He is one of 3 Rangers I hope makes his way back here (Leetch & Simon) are others. Hopefully he was not just paying lip service to us. I now have a Western team to root for to go along w/ the 'Leafs. No doubt that I beat the drum for Matty the loudest, however, like him or hate him, in the end, he helped us more in his seasons here than Messier has since he came back. And he helped the organization in the end, LIKE Leetch and UNLIKE Me$$ier. Good luck in the playoffs, Matty. I, for one, hope that a future road leads you back to MSG.
The trade was first reported at 11pm last night.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:51 AM
in the hall

agreed with every word spoken!!!

Old
03-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

i thought there already was a thread about barnaby being traded.

Closed Thread