HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

de Vries to Philly Rumour (put ALL updates here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Styles97

vCash: 500
de Vries to Philly Rumour

Just mentioned on sportsnet game between Ottawa and Washington. That the Flyers are at it again and de Vries will be going to the Flyers. NO Details were given. But the announcers sure sounded that this will get done tonite.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:35 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
what type of return would the Flyers have to give up though?

Old
03-08-2004, 06:37 PM
FlyerFire

aren't we

going a little OVERBOARD with these D to Philly props.i mean c'mon.Pronger,deVries,Leetch, etc, etc.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Brad*

If that's true the Flyers are really loading up on defense. When healthy, who would sit?

Old
03-08-2004, 06:42 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles97
Just mentioned on sportsnet game between Ottawa and Washington. That the Flyers are at it again and de Vries will be going to the Flyers. NO Details were given. But the announcers sure sounded that this will get done tonite.
One deal with our hated rival was against the odds in my book--two in one day, now that's way out there--just doesn't seem right to me. we don't have much left to give up for devries. actually, greg devries was one of my top choices for us in our d-men hunt--i think he's better than malakhov, but there are differing opinions. however, i dont think the flyers are done dealing

Old
03-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Styles97

Somik and A pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
what type of return would the Flyers have to give up though?
My guess would be Somik and a pick. The Flyers dont really have to much left to give up.Carter,Richards,Ruggieri,Picard and Pitkanen are UNTOUCHABLE. Unless they send Seidenberg even up.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:49 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

hitchcock likes his defenses to have depth--therien's dealing leads me to believe we're not done yet

Old
03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
in the hall

just some ranger fan input.... malakhov is terrible he is a negative to have on any team... he will drive you nuts because he is so skilled in the end ur going to hate him for his lazyness which most times leads to goals... de vries is the complete opposite... not flashy doesnt have much for skill but he is a very smart player... a bonafide top 4 that can probably play 2-3 minutes more then adequately on a weaker team (like ours)... he will be a great pick up for clarke and the flyers

Old
03-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Styles97

de Vries Rumour UPDATE

Between periods of the Caps, Sens game . The sportsnet announcers were saying about the Carter deal but the talk was about Clarke loading up to get de Vries and then possibly make a block buster tomorrow.
The only name would be Derrick Morris but I dont see that.Unless its for Witt.We shall soon see.2004 Trade deadline will go down as the Best ever.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Brad*

I think the Flyers/Sens brawl made Clarke so mad he went insane.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:14 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
I think I may have managed to trace back this rumor.....if it was on sportsnet, then take a look at this.... just scroll down a little bit.... they're getting their info from the always correct and never wrong Larry Brooks..

http://wwww.sportsnet.ca/hockey/hearsay.jsp

Old
03-08-2004, 07:19 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
I think I may have managed to trace back this rumor.....if it was on sportsnet, then take a look at this.... just scroll down a little bit.... they're getting their info from the always correct and never wrong Larry Brooks..

http://wwww.sportsnet.ca/hockey/hearsay.jsp
Why would they say anything about DeVries after the Malakhov trade was announced?
----------
Some unsubstantiated(sp) potential BS from one of them internet MB posters w/ "sources": Several Flyers have been asked to defer portions of their salary, namely Roenick.
----------
Even if that isn't true, I still think Clarke is going to make an enormous splash at the deadline.

Last edited by blah: 03-08-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old
03-08-2004, 08:37 PM
FlyersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
I think the Flyers/Sens brawl made Clarke so mad he went insane.
Thats funny.

Old
03-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Even if that isn't true, I still think Clarke is going to make an enormous splash at the deadline.
If that happens, I hope he pulls off a de Vries + Jagr deal. If Sather would pay $1-2 million on top of what Washington is already paying, why not?

Old
03-09-2004, 12:13 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
If that happens, I hope he pulls off a de Vries + Jagr deal. If Sather would pay $1-2 million on top of what Washington is already paying, why not?
No way on Jagr. Not if they paid his entire contract. I'd rather have Rucinsky. They'd need a 3rd line wing not a top 6 forward.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Teezax

Jagr isn't going anywhere, Sather's plan is to build around him. Rucinsky on the other hand would make for an interesting depth move at the wing. He is very underrated and plays well under pressure (playoffs) I think Rucinsky + Devries would be awesome but since there are so many teams in the hunt for both fo these guys, the asking price might be out of our range for the package, not necessarily for one or the other.

Closed Thread