HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike McDermott's OT thread was better :P

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

vCash: 500
aaaaaaaaaaaaand i found my true love right here in buffalo:
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mis/1010265880.html

Old
01-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaand i found my true love right here in buffalo:
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mis/1010265880.html

Another one, PK?

CG, I'm really surprised your dress didn't have the Hurricanes' "storm warning" striping on there somewhere. Woulda looked cool along the white there.

Congratulations, guys.

EDIT: I'm in Buffalo today and tomorrow to celebrate my two-year anniversary with my girlfriend.

Old
01-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Original Ginger View Post

EDIT: I'm in Buffalo today and tomorrow to celebrate my two-year anniversary with my girlfriend.
congrats, red headed kid. 2 years is something to be proud of.

Old
01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
joshjull

Hey old man winter........

.........**** you

Old
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Hey old man winter........

.........**** you
Agreed. Enough already.

Old
01-28-2009, 11:02 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Original Ginger View Post
Another one, PK?

CG, I'm really surprised your dress didn't have the Hurricanes' "storm warning" striping on there somewhere. Woulda looked cool along the white there.

Congratulations, guys.

Haha I kept the Hurricanes references to a minimum......I even did a last minute re-write of my vows to remove a reference to June 19th and the happiest day of my life.

01-28-2009, 11:02 AM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

Going in, I apologize for posting another music video ... but if you've got any soul whatsoever, you love misheard lyrics, and if so, this is a MUST SEE.

Old
01-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12 View Post
Haha I kept the Hurricanes references to a minimum......I even did a last minute re-write of my vows to remove a reference to June 19th and the happiest day of my life.
You had to bring that up?

OK, I'm going back to celebrating with my girlfriend. Dinner's at Pano's tonight.

Old
01-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

last night after work, i walk into my back door of my house to hear a really loud crackling/beeping noise which completely caught me off guard. i sheepishly follow the noise through the house and end up in the hallway to my master bedroom where i notice the smoke alarm is going bazerk. i've never heard a smoke alarm make a noise quite like this but figured maybe it's because the battery is dying. so i grab a stool and jump up to take the battery out. as i twist it, tons of brown liquid starts oozing from the "test" button. AND, i notice that the alarm is actually wired into the house. after twisting it from it's mount and having the stuff ooze out (on my white carpet!!), the noise gets even louder....

i call clock in a panic. he comes over to see what is going on and said he could hear the crackling/beeping from outside. he goes up to the alarm and unwires it from the ceiling while more brown stuff oozes out. on the back of the alarm it reads that this alarm contains radioactive material!!!

so needless to say, something happened with the radioactive material and it caused a twilight zone episode moment in my house...and worse - i got that brown liquid on my hands and carpet.

argh!

Old
01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalIInoise View Post
Going in, I apologize for posting another music video ... but if you've got any soul whatsoever, you love misheard lyrics, and if so, this is a MUST SEE.
I totally lost my **** at Gay Colored House.

Old
01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
last night after work, i walk into my back door of my house to hear a really loud crackling/beeping noise which completely caught me off guard. i sheepishly follow the noise through the house and end up in the hallway to my master bedroom where i notice the smoke alarm is going bazerk. i've never heard a smoke alarm make a noise quite like this but figured maybe it's because the battery is dying. so i grab a stool and jump up to take the battery out. as i twist it, tons of brown liquid starts oozing from the "test" button. AND, i notice that the alarm is actually wired into the house. after twisting it from it's mount and having the stuff ooze out (on my white carpet!!), the noise gets even louder....

i call clock in a panic. he comes over to see what is going on and said he could hear the crackling/beeping from outside. he goes up to the alarm and unwires it from the ceiling while more brown stuff oozes out. on the back of the alarm it reads that this alarm contains radioactive material!!!

so needless to say, something happened with the radioactive material and it caused a twilight zone episode moment in my house...and worse - i got that brown liquid on my hands and carpet.

argh!
sprouting extra limbs, ftw!

Old
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:

argh!
I believe smoke detectors have a small amount of radioactive Americium. Don't worry about it. As compared to the alcohol you claim you drink, a little bit of that element #95 isn't going to kill you.

Old
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
So this morning's commute was terrifying... got in 30 minutes late and turned right back around to go back to my son's school after only 45 minutes. Got my car stuck in the parking lot here -- improvised with the floormats to get traction again and get moving -- and I found most (all but one county truck) of the road crew trucks I saw were NOT pushing snow but only salting. Which made me think of the following: "Hey you ignorant ****s. Put your God damn plow blade down on the ****ing street to move some of the 6"s of **** coating the road off to the side BEFORE salting. If I did my job like that, I'd be fired."

And now back to our regularly scheduled snowy interlude.

01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
I believe smoke detectors have a small amount of radioactive Americium. Don't worry about it. As compared to the alcohol you claim you drink, a little bit of that element #95 isn't going to kill you.
way to ruin a good story, bg. if i was as intoxicated as my claims would lead one to believe, i'd say bg = buzzkill.

i want to glow.

Old
01-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
way to ruin a good story, bg. if i was as intoxicated as my claims would lead one to believe, i'd say bg = buzzkill.

i want to glow.

There are healthier ways of glowing.

Old
01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Brass Bancroft

Did anyone see Homeland Security USA last night on ABC? They had a segment about the Buffalo port. They finished the show with a sad story about one of the inspectors retiring early (36 y/o)due to an illness.

Last edited by Brass Bancroft: 01-28-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old
01-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
So this morning's commute was terrifying... got in 30 minutes late and turned right back around to go back to my son's school after only 45 minutes. Got my car stuck in the parking lot here -- improvised with the floormats to get traction again and get moving -- and I found most (all but one county truck) of the road crew trucks I saw were NOT pushing snow but only salting. Which made me think of the following: "Hey you ignorant ****s. Put your God damn plow blade down on the ****ing street to move some of the 6"s of **** coating the road off to the side BEFORE salting. If I did my job like that, I'd be fired."

And now back to our regularly scheduled snowy interlude.
The road care crews in these parts seem to have gotten a lot worse in the last ~7-8 years. I was out and about from about 8am to noon today and not one road I encountered was plowed (Minus the 219) and it is not like I was driving back country roads. I was driving pretty major roads.

Old
01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:

i want to glow.
Ruin a story? I thought you wanted me to cover your planned arsenic poisoning of the Clock-meister so you can inherit his season tickets? You mean the "smoke detector incident" wasn't it?

"Everything good is bad, and everything bad is good..."

JJ Grey / Mofro remake:

Early 70's funkier original:

Old
01-28-2009, 02:01 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
The road care crews in these parts seem to have gotten a lot worse in the last ~7-8 years. I was out and about from about 8am to noon today and not one road I encountered was plowed (Minus the 219) and it is not like I was driving back country roads. I was driving pretty major roads.
Tight Budgets = less plow crews or municipalities holding off as long as possible before calling in crews for OT. Not to mention any cut backs to the amount of crews dedicated to plowing over the years due to budget concerns

Also this far into the season with the amount of snow we have had. I'm fairly sure most municipalities have obliterated their plowing budgets.

I'm just glad Ralph Wilson is getting his stadium improvements/maintenance paid for every year with our tax dollars.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Ruin a story? I thought you wanted me to cover your planned arsenic poisoning of the Clock-meister so you can inherit his season tickets? You mean the "smoke detector incident" wasn't it?

ssssshhhh!

those season tickets will soon be mine! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Old
01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Tight Budgets = less plow crews or municipalities holding off as long as possible before calling in crews for OT. Not to mention any cut backs to the amount of crews dedicated to plowing over the years due to budget concerns

This far into the season with the amount of snow we have had. I'm fairly sure most municipalites have obliterated their plowing budgets.

I'm just glad Ralph Wilson is getting his stadium improvements/maintenance paid for every year with our tax dollars.
What I was witnessing wasn't a lack of crews... it was ****ing incompitence regarding removing the 6" of snow from roads with the plow rather than just salting. There were trucks out... they just aren't plowing.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
What I was witnessing wasn't a lack of crews... it was ****ing incompitence regarding removing the 6" of snow from roads with the plow rather than just salting. There were trucks out... they just aren't plowing.
Duh, they're saving money on summer road repairs!

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:

argh!
That sounds like an intro to a really cheesy Stephen King-80's style-horror movie...where the brown goo oozes out through smoke detectors and kills people one by one...through doorknobs and bathroom faucets. But only until the new Doctor in town figures out a way to put a stop to the oozing mess of death...until his cure makes him start waisting away. Then he is forced to travel to another country to find a cure for that, only on the way the plane goes through a time warp and he ends up back at home, 5 years before he is supposed to be..where he is chased by a weird crunching sound, until it finally catches up to him, only to be every pet he has ever owned in his lifetime.

Then he wakes up, only to find out its a dream...but in the corner of his room a scary clown is waiting to murder him.

/end scene.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:57 PM
AV18

Send a message via AIM to AV18
Good: I left work at 1:30, then found out they decided to close at 2:30 so I only have to use 1 hour of vacation time instead of 3.5

Bad: A truck pulled into the lane next to me, sped up, didn't see that his lane was completely flooded, and when he hit the water it completely covered my car in thick muddy snow/slush and I couldn't see a thing and I thought I was going to die. (OK, not die, but at least get into an accident).

Old
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV18 View Post
Good: I left work at 1:30, then found out they decided to close at 2:30 so I only have to use 1 hour of vacation time instead of 3.5

Bad: A truck pulled into the lane next to me, sped up, didn't see that his lane was completely flooded, and when he hit the water it completely covered my car in thick muddy snow/slush and I couldn't see a thing and I thought I was going to die. (OK, not die, but at least get into an accident).
Of course, you probably couldn't see the"how's my driving" number...anytime you'd consider calling and saying it sucked, you can't get the number because the driving is bad...

Closed Thread