HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dan Fritsche

Old
01-28-2009, 08:38 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
He'll be claimed. This kid was a star in junior, he has great on-ice vision. I see him and B. Dubinsky as similar players.

I'd pick him up in a heart beat.
Couldn't be any further from the truth.

Brandon has better passing skills, a better shot and is tons more physical. He's as fast as Fritsche and as defensively responsible.

They are nothing alike in terms of overall skill and ability.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:49 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
the same thing was said with shanahan and look how that turned out
Difference is the Rangers didn't want Shanny back.

Say what you want, but if the Rangers really really wanted Shanny back, he'd have been signed during the summer.

They would have gladly signed him to a one year deal at 500K, but not more than that.

In essense, they didn't want him back.

OTOH, Sather and Zherdev's agent have already been working out an extension. Both parties want to get something done and will have somehting announced before the end of the season.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:22 AM
CH4

teams have up to 12:00 E.T. today to claim him, right?

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Titan124

I'd love for the Islanders to claim him, but if he wasn't traded it's because there was likely no interest.

Titan124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan124 View Post
I'd love for the Islanders to claim him, but if he wasn't traded it's because there was likely no interest.
I won't say that, because Snow stated he wasn't interested in giving up assets for goalies, that could be true for players at Frische's end of the spectrum as well.

I see there being interest, just not alot interest in giving up an asset for him.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:39 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Islanders won't claim him with Weight, Nielsen, Bailey, Comrie, Thompson all healthy/about to be healthy.

Even with the deadline only a month away, I'd be shocked if they grabbed him.
Fritsche is more talented and better than half the scrubs the Islanders currently use as forwards. Thompson is completely useless. Sim is less than useless. It's completely worthless for them to keep Park who is a 32 year old role player on such a lousy team. They should trade him immediately. Comrie has always been a lazy, underachieving waste of space. It's almost about time people view Tambellini as a bust.

Fritsche has put up some decent numbers only playing 58 and 68 games in a couple of years. The Islanders were beyond stupid not to pick him up. Just provides further proof how incompetent they are as an organization.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Fritsche is more talented and better than half the scrubs the Islanders currently use as forwards. Thompson is completely useless. Sim is less than useless. It's completely worthless for them to keep Park who is a 32 year old role player on such a lousy team. They should trade him immediately. Comrie has always been a lazy, underachieving waste of space. It's almost about time people view Tambellini as a bust.

Fritsche has put up some decent numbers only playing 58 and 68 games in a couple of years. The Islanders were beyond stupid not to pick him up. Just provides further proof how incompetent they are as an organization.
Ok I am so glad you know so much

So apparently we will know if he is claimed later today. So we have all these players we are giving chances to play this year during a rebuild.

Since we might not pick up your favorite boy toy fritsche. Your upset???

Ok Sim and Thompson are 4th line players. Since we need to revamp our 4th line so bad and bring in Fritshe to bring us to the promise land. We have about 5 of Fritshes in the AHL. It doesnt bother me if we pick him up or not

Lets get rid of Park, who is a great role player as you stated and not have him around to help all of young players. We want our players to play with the heart like Park does.

Comrie has picked up his game and is not a star player by any means. But lets be honest the Isles are in a rebuild so what are you expecting them to do. The organization has been run better in the last two years as seen in our draft last year and most likely this year.

We all know about Tambs but he still deserves sometime.

So go ahead and stare at your poster of Fritshe, maybe he will come to your house after waivers.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan124 View Post
It seems more likely Fritshe is more of cap waiver. No team probably would give up a draft pick or prospect for him and the rangers did not want salary back.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Which is why Zherdev has already openly stated that he doesn't want to play for any other team but New York and the organization has already started working on his contract before any of our many other FA's this upcoming offseason?

Fair enough. I guess the way I see it is that Zherdev will put the Rangers in a much more difficult financial position this year especially if he is re-signed. With so many long term, expensive contracts and an expected cap reduction I have to think that the Rangers will be in significant trouble with Zherdev. If he's working with a $3.75M contract this year I have to think he'll be looking for a $5.5M annuallized cap hit or higher. What will that do for signing guys like Girardi, Dubinsky, Staal, etc. in the next year or two?

Columbus would have had the same difficult decision about re-signing him. It's not that he's not talented or a perceived problem (I think he fit in well in Columbus his last year and would have been a great player this year too) but he's going to create a long term problem with his expected demands. Columbus couldnt' gamble on that not knowing how their performance would be this year and the other young players on the rise.

The Rangers got the best player but I still think Columbus gets the best overall value based on need and long term financial implications. We needed a d-man like Toots. Yes, some would argue we needed a RW like Zherdev too but Huselius was signed to a contract that is likely to be less than Nik, shorter and has provided everything Zherdev did to this team.

Just my opinion

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Fair enough. I guess the way I see it is that Zherdev will put the Rangers in a much more difficult financial position this year especially if he is re-signed. With so many long term, expensive contracts and an expected cap reduction I have to think that the Rangers will be in significant trouble with Zherdev. If he's working with a $3.75M contract this year I have to think he'll be looking for a $5.5M annuallized cap hit or higher. What will that do for signing guys like Girardi, Dubinsky, Staal, etc. in the next year or two?

Columbus would have had the same difficult decision about re-signing him. It's not that he's not talented or a perceived problem (I think he fit in well in Columbus his last year and would have been a great player this year too) but he's going to create a long term problem with his expected demands. Columbus couldnt' gamble on that not knowing how their performance would be this year and the other young players on the rise.

The Rangers got the best player but I still think Columbus gets the best overall value based on need and long term financial implications. We needed a d-man like Toots. Yes, some would argue we needed a RW like Zherdev too but Huselius was signed to a contract that is likely to be less than Nik, shorter and has provided everything Zherdev did to this team.

Just my opinion
Zherdev has a $2.5 million cap #

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:49 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Zherdev has a $2.5 million cap #
This season. I'd be shocked if it is that low in the coming seasons.

I say this every time this deal comes up, but I'll repeat it again here, I think both teams and fanbases (for the most part) are happy with the trade.
Rags replaced Tyutin with Redden and added Zherdev. Columbus added Tyutin and replaced Zherdev with Huselius. Both teams are better off.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Vitto79

so anyone pick him up or what?......would be good depth in Hartford

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Elite09

Cleared waivers per TSN's Ice Chips.

Elite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite09 View Post
That's shocking to me.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
That's shocking to me.
yea he is still young. Weird.............well down to Hartford he goes to add to the depth of players they can call up if need be.

Prucha is so next..poor guy has to get something back in return you would think

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
KGpens

Quote:
That's shocking to me.
Agreed. His salary is nothing at this point of the season. You would think that he's better then most of these AHL call ups that have been happening lately...

KGpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Dime-a-dozen. At least 15 cents.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite09 View Post
That is ridiculous.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
That is ridiculous.
If you think that is ridiculous, check this out...

Fritsche

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:18 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
That is ridiculous.
I'm shocked. He makes nothing. I don't get why a struggling team wouldn't roll the dice on him for the rest of the year and see if you can get him on track.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresKings2611 View Post
Fritsche plays center, right? Sabres should take a look at this kid....
My thought, as well.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
If you think that is ridiculous, check this out...

Fritsche
What the hell does that have to do with Dan Fritsche?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
That's shocking to me.
Not to me. These guys are a dime a dozen. The oilers have about 10 of 'em. Be a lot more before the year is out...

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:16 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
That's shocking to me.
Not me.

I'm 2 for 2 in calling waiver clearings this year when fans of other teams were freaking out and salivating over claiming them.

This went down exactly as I would have suspected.

He had zero value as he has done jack all this year and hasn't even gotten himself into the line-up.

Hopefully this lights a fire under his ass.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Not me.

I'm 2 for 2 in calling waiver clearings this year when fans of other teams were freaking out and salivating over claiming them.

This went down exactly as I would have suspected.

He had zero value as he has done jack all this year and hasn't even gotten himself into the line-up.

Hopefully this lights a fire under his ass.
Agreed. Not a shocker to me that a guy with 4 points in almost 20 games isn't getting picked up. Everyone is just surprised becuase he's only 23 years old. Doesn't mean he is a good player - just one all 30 teams currently own.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote