HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fritsche Waived - (Update: Clears Waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
That's what I was hoping. People would let it go.
All things being equal would Dubinsky clear waivers?

Your answer kills any earlier argument you made....

Old
01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
Why waive him and not re-assign him? He still counts against the cap, he can't play anywhere... There's no benefit to anyone.
Until he's sent down, he can still play for the Rangers, even though he cleared waivers.

They have 30 days to send him down, after which he'd have to be put on waivers again first.

Old
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
exactly, but don't tell some infallible fans that. No ones saying he's the second coming folks. But he's not a career AHL player. I'm surprised as well. If someone like Hollweg can find a spot and Fritche cannot.
again, Hollweg(even with the penalties) served a purpose. 4th liner who threw his body around and when it was a legal hit or he didn't get called punished the other team. Fristche may as well have "Callahan Lite" on the back of his jersey. We don't need another forward like him. No place for him in the line-up, unfortunate but true.

Old
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
All things being equal would Dubinsky clear waivers?

Your answer kills any earlier argument you made....
What argument was that? That I think he has potential and in some ways he reminds me of Dubinsky. That was the big argument? I said he was selected around the same time in the draft. He's young like Dubinsky (someone got on me for that). Like Fritche is so much older. No! I said he's around the same size. Both pretty big kids and good skaters. And I said he has plenty of years a head of him. I said they both can play 2 positions. I mentioned that I do not think he is an AHL player. It was more like a comparison. Other people turn it into an argument.

I never said I hate Dubinsky. I never said Fritche deserves to play over Dubinsky. I never said Fritche deserves to play over anyone but now that I think about it. I would put him in over Prucha. What has Prucha done in the past 82 games? But it would tick you, me and any one off when people aren't reading the posts right and blow things out of proportion. Like the other guy comes in and tells me to "shut up and let it go." Like he's read the posts either. If he wants people to let it go so much, why take the time out to instigate? Unless he's defending his man. That's not my business.

The other guy who I quoted, chose to make a comparison to Callahan. So why not make a big argument for Callahan's sake? I mean other people read posts incorrectly or in some cases, don't read them at all because I was the first to mention I wish Fritche the best on another team . I said it in plain English. I would not give him an offer sheet.

But other people want to keep it going defend and act like they're in High School with sarcastic comments that have no basis.

Old
01-28-2009, 08:32 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
What in the world are you talking about? I don't even want Fritche back on this team next year, unless he's playing in HFD. If he clears waivers and is a member of the Rangers for the rest of this season, I don't want Sather giving him an offer sheet. Same thing with Prucha. I don't want him back either. Dam, I can't just say that it's possible Fritche goes some place else and has more or just about the same amount of success as Dubinsky? If you disagree fine. Jeez.

But what are you talking about with beware of gravy's wrath Lay off those horror movies!
To the guy above. Here read this.

Old
01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
People need to get off the "what if" Fritsche band wagon. You have to realize that he played more minutes for a lesser team and not to mention averaged 1:15 TOI for the PP in his first year and :46 in his second. Our PP is horrid but I don't think anyone here thinks giving Dan some PP time is the answer. His first year in CBJ he averaged 2 minutes less of ice time than Zherdev did. That should tell you how bad of a team he was on. Sorry but I don't think Dan deserves that kind of time on our team. His abilities are redundant within our organization. Hopefully he clears waivers and plays for the Wolfpack because theres nothing wrong with depth. If you want to toss about statistics please delve a little further.

And sorry but to be complaining about Orr who plays on our most steady line just isn't right.
I wasn't on a "what if" bandwagon. I stated, "The guy is only 23 years old, and scored 27 and 22 points with Columbus the past two seasons playing only around 65 games per. So the Rangers don't give him a real look, but Renney has man love for AHLers like Orr and Voros?" Fritsche is 23 years old and has 67 career points. Orr and Voros are 26 and 27 respectively and have 38 career points COMBINED. There's no 'what if' about that if you ask me.

Also, it isn't right to complain about Orr? One, I am entitled to my opinion. Two, he is an AHL-caliber player being supported by two vastly more talented linemates. Three, it's only our most steady line because Renney can't keep any other lines together for more than two games. Four, I never actually complained directly about Orr: I stated that I don't understand the decision to play him over other people. Basically, I don't comprehend how Orr has a locked spot in the lineup every night while there are other players -- many of whom have been far more successful at the NHL level -- have to earn a spot over and over and, in all honesty, are never really given a real chance.

My post wasn't a bash at Orr or Voros, it was more a frustration that the coaches never really gave Fritsche a genuine chance. Orr is an ECHL pylon, though.

Old
01-28-2009, 10:53 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
I wasn't on a "what if" bandwagon. I stated, "The guy is only 23 years old, and scored 27 and 22 points with Columbus the past two seasons playing only around 65 games per. So the Rangers don't give him a real look, but Renney has man love for AHLers like Orr and Voros?" Fritsche is 23 years old and has 67 career points. Orr and Voros are 26 and 27 respectively and have 38 career points COMBINED. There's no 'what if' about that if you ask me.

Also, it isn't right to complain about Orr? One, I am entitled to my opinion. Two, he is an AHL-caliber player being supported by two vastly more talented linemates. Three, it's only our most steady line because Renney can't keep any other lines together for more than two games. Four, I never actually complained directly about Orr: I stated that I don't understand the decision to play him over other people. Basically, I don't comprehend how Orr has a locked spot in the lineup every night while there are other players -- many of whom have been far more successful at the NHL level -- have to earn a spot over and over and, in all honesty, are never really given a real chance.

My post wasn't a bash at Orr or Voros, it was more a frustration that the coaches never really gave Fritsche a genuine chance. Orr is an ECHL pylon, though.
The reasons for Orr being in the line-up every game have been discussed ad-nauseum on these boards. I'm not delving into that again. You can find plenty of threads for that discussion.

As for Voros, well he plays a different game than Fritsche whose skills are quite redundant on this team. Look I was all for seeing what Fritsche had when we acquired him. Frankly I just don't see the need for Callahan-Lite on the 4th line. It boils down to a discussion of role players and each one fills a role on this team. Unfortunately for Dan his role is filled on this roster.

Old
01-28-2009, 10:53 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Glad to hear that he cleared waivers.

Old
01-29-2009, 04:14 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
The reasons for Orr being in the line-up every game have been discussed ad-nauseum on these boards. I'm not delving into that again. You can find plenty of threads for that discussion.

As for Voros, well he plays a different game than Fritsche whose skills are quite redundant on this team. Look I was all for seeing what Fritsche had when we acquired him. Frankly I just don't see the need for Callahan-Lite on the 4th line. It boils down to a discussion of role players and each one fills a role on this team. Unfortunately for Dan his role is filled on this roster.
I honestly don't have a problem with Orr in the lineup. He plays hardly any minutes, does his job, and isn't a liability out there. But I don't understand your 'Callahan-Lite' concept. Did you sincerely feel you got enough of a look at Fritsche this season to even determine that he is a 'Callahan-Lite'? I won't argue with anyone that Fritsche didn't get off to a great start. But he has 4 points in his last 10 games on about 9 minutes of ice time per game. So we waive him? Callahan-regular, by the way, has three points in his last 10 games playing 18 minutes per. That's not a knock against Callahan-regular, or even an attempt to compare the two. It was an attempt to make a point that, on a team that can be a bit inept offensively, it might have at least been worth taking a genuine look at Fritsche. 'Cause for the life of me, I can't see what on earth Voros brings to the table, aside from bad/lazy penalties, that has Voros in the lineup almost the entire season and still playing on a line with two of the team's leading scorers.

I understand where you're coming from. But from my perspective, I truly cannot grasp what causes a Fritsche to get waived and a Voros to be in the lineup every night paired with Zherdev and Dubinsky. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Old
01-29-2009, 04:58 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
I honestly don't have a problem with Orr in the lineup. He plays hardly any minutes, does his job, and isn't a liability out there. But I don't understand your 'Callahan-Lite' concept. Did you sincerely feel you got enough of a look at Fritsche this season to even determine that he is a 'Callahan-Lite'? I won't argue with anyone that Fritsche didn't get off to a great start. But he has 4 points in his last 10 games on about 9 minutes of ice time per game. So we waive him? Callahan-regular, by the way, has three points in his last 10 games playing 18 minutes per. That's not a knock against Callahan-regular, or even an attempt to compare the two. It was an attempt to make a point that, on a team that can be a bit inept offensively, it might have at least been worth taking a genuine look at Fritsche. 'Cause for the life of me, I can't see what on earth Voros brings to the table, aside from bad/lazy penalties, that has Voros in the lineup almost the entire season and still playing on a line with two of the team's leading scorers.

I understand where you're coming from. But from my perspective, I truly cannot grasp what causes a Fritsche to get waived and a Voros to be in the lineup every night paired with Zherdev and Dubinsky. It doesn't make much sense to me.
Fritsche is a known commodity in the NHL, he may not be to all Ranger fans because they've only seen him play 16 games but he's played nearly 150 NHL games. I see your point but any team in the league could have had him for next to nothing (couple hundred thousand?) for the remainder of the season by placing a waiver claim and they chose not to. It should tell you something. The team has bigger fish to fry and I don't think we can solve it by giving Fritsche an extended look on a bottom line.

As for Voros with Dub and Z, I mean the line had some serious chemistry in the beginning of the season. I suppose Renney is trying to recapture that.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Fritsche is a known commodity in the NHL, he may not be to all Ranger fans because they've only seen him play 16 games but he's played nearly 150 NHL games. I see your point but any team in the league could have had him for next to nothing (couple hundred thousand?) for the remainder of the season by placing a waiver claim and they chose not to. It should tell you something. The team has bigger fish to fry and I don't think we can solve it by giving Fritsche an extended look on a bottom line.

As for Voros with Dub and Z, I mean the line had some serious chemistry in the beginning of the season. I suppose Renney is trying to recapture that.
I am ok with them clearing salary and really did they need 2 spare forwards?..........well no

Callahan was out with the flu and Prucha came in last night

in the end I think they have to move Prucha........eventually they can bring up Rissmiller as a spare cause no one and I mean no one is taking on that contract for 3 yrs. Fritsche can play in Hartford and get called up as depth in the playoffs

I am still thinking the next move is sending Dawes, Prucha and a pick for a winger for Gomez

Old
01-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:

Agreed. 30 GM's in this league have made the decision that they don't want Fritsche on their team and yet there are still fans who are in love with the guy.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:11 AM
gravytrain6t

I don't know if anyone is saying they're "in love" with Fritche but I think a few fans feel he should have had a better look.

That could be another reason why he wasn't picked up off of waivers. He's played a total of 16 games for the Rangers. Many of which he's had little ice time. If the Rangers do not know what they have in Dan Fritche, how are other teams supposed to know? On top of that, the last time I checked, Fritche is making more money than some of the so called "proven starters."

IMO, Prucha should be put on waivers. As his career is moving along, it seems more and more like his rookie season was a "fluke."

On that note, I wish both players well. On other teams. And if no one will take them. Then I wish them well playing for the Wolf Pack. But I think Fritche is more than a career AHL'er. Time will tell.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I don't know if anyone is saying they're "in love" with Fritche but I think a few fans feel he should have had a better look.
Yeah, next time we'll give him an 80 game look.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I am ok with them clearing salary and really did they need 2 spare forwards?..........well no

Callahan was out with the flu and Prucha came in last night

in the end I think they have to move Prucha........eventually they can bring up Rissmiller as a spare cause no one and I mean no one is taking on that contract for 3 yrs. Fritsche can play in Hartford and get called up as depth in the playoffs

I am still thinking the next move is sending Dawes, Prucha and a pick for a winger for Gomez
if Rissmiller goes through re-entry waivers he's only going to cost a team 500,000 against the cap(and in salary) and is only signed for this year. He might get claimed. Not that it would be a big deal if it happened after the deadline when we know our cap situation is stable

Last edited by RangerFan10: 01-29-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old
01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:

That could be another reason why he wasn't picked up off of waivers. He's played a total of 16 games for the Rangers. Many of which he's had little ice time. If the Rangers do not know what they have in Dan Fritche, how are other teams supposed to know? On top of that, the last time I checked, Fritche is making more money than some of the so called "proven starters."

IMO, Prucha should be put on waivers. As his career is moving along, it seems more and more like his rookie season was a "fluke."

On that note, I wish both players well. On other teams. And if no one will take them. Then I wish them well playing for the Wolf Pack. But I think Fritche is more than a career AHL'er. Time will tell.
yes, he's probably a career 3rd liner. He might develop into something more but he's not in the cards for the future. I doubt he gets an offer sheet after this season even if he got an extended look this season. Zherdev, Prucha, Korpikoski, Sjostrom, and Corey Potter are all RFA's. There may be more in Hartford that we want to keep, I'm just going by who's on nhlnumbers.com. Betts, Valiquette, Orr, and Mara are UFA's as well. Kalinin is an UFA as well but I don't think anyone expects him to be re-signed. Too many other parts that we should be interested in re-signing to even care about Fritsche. Staal and Girardi are due for offer sheets after next season as well..

He didn't earn a spot in the lineup through training camp and pre-season. Renney still got him into games and he didn't do anything to change his mind about having him in the line-up. I know he sat for 16 games but I was at the Ducks game, you want to talk about a guy who was "invisible" or a guy who "held his linemates back" that's what Fritsche was that game...he had no business on the 2nd line and the way he played he had no business in the lineup. This outrage that Fritsche "didn't get a look" is non-sense, if he's not playing well enough to crack the line-up what do you want? It all starts in camp, and then practice..there are guys in Hartford that deserve to get a much more thorough look than this guy. If anyone wants to be outraged about anything it should be that Fritsche took up a spot and played games we could've used to evaluate Anisimov, Byers, Dupont, and more.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
if Rissmiller goes through re-entry waivers he's only going to cost a team 500,000 against the cap(and in salary) and is only signed for this year. He might get claimed. Not that it would be a big deal if it happened after the deadline when we know our cap situation is stable
He's signed for 3 years, all of which leave the Rangers with $500K in dead cap space should he be claimed off reentry waivers.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:54 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
He's signed for 3 years, all of which leave the Rangers with $500K in dead cap space should he be claimed off reentry waivers.
no, Voros is signed for 3 years, Rissmiller for 1.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Gotta wonder if there is some kind of gentlemans agreement between GM's. If they need to move salary, but want to hang onto a guy they make a call to other GM's that they are sending a guy through...please don't snatch him, and I will do the same in return if you need to clear space?

Just seems like a lot of players have passed through that I thought would have been snatched up by another club.

Old
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
no, Voros is signed for 3 years, Rissmiller for 1.
You're wrong, as are several cap websites. We went over this ad-nauseum when he was waived the first time.

___
edit: Fritsche traded - http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=600711

Last edited by Melrose_Jr.: 01-29-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Closed Thread