HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

jason blake

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2009, 12:50 PM
  #51
FlyingLeafus
Registered User
 
FlyingLeafus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
Honestly...I could care less what others in this thread have posted and mocking Blake...But for a guy who is on a team full of youth and ok players, he's playing like a Superstar..He should have 25+ goals this season, and have 60+ points (currently has 19G 40pts and is a +6 on the Leafs)...Don't care if he leaves or not, but if a team wants a guy to help for a playoff push, I think Blake would be your guy (especially if you pair him with other talent, he will shine--he's alone in TOR, and is shining).
I wouldn't say he's alone, for some reason he and Moore have major chemistry together, He's helped Blake elevate his game to another level.

FlyingLeafus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:52 PM
  #52
mgeise
Registered User
 
mgeise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
Honestly...I could care less what others in this thread have posted and mocking Blake...But for a guy who is on a team full of youth and ok players, he's playing like a Superstar..He should have 25+ goals this season, and have 60+ points (currently has 19G 40pts and is a +6 on the Leafs)...Don't care if he leaves or not, but if a team wants a guy to help for a playoff push, I think Blake would be your guy (especially if you pair him with other talent, he will shine--he's alone in TOR, and is shining).
If his contract was ending, some team would give up a pretty decent return for Blake's services. He's a good player who can provide something to a contender. However, no playoff team will want/be able to take on the next three years of that deal. No team would take him for free right now.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:10 PM
  #53
Deal Sealer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newmarket
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
So send Blake to the Rangers for Redden, get the rangers to buyout 2 million of his contract for the remainder and add Del Zotto or Dubinsky and a 2nd round pick.
My reason for Dubinsky and a pick is due to his pending RFA status.

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:12 PM
  #54
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM View Post
So send Blake to the Rangers for Redden, get the rangers to buyout 2 million of his contract for the remainder and add Del Zotto or Dubinsky and a 2nd round pick.
My reason for Dubinsky and a pick is due to his pending RFA status.
You can't do that.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:14 PM
  #55
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
If there was a way to shave 3 years off his contract, Boston would be interested.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:21 PM
  #56
Deal Sealer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newmarket
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
You can't do that.
ok but they can do that over an extended period of time. Like the leafs did with tucker. I believe they're on the hook for the remaining 2/3 of his contract which was 3 years nine million. And the leafs have chosen to pay off 1 million for the next 6 seasons. Perhaps the rangers could arrange something along those those lines if they're that desperate. I don't know, bottomline Sather really messed up big time.

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
  #57
leaky37
Registered User
 
leaky37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM View Post
ok but they can do that over an extended period of time. Like the leafs did with tucker. I believe they're on the hook for the remaining 2/3 of his contract which was 3 years nine million. And the leafs have chosen to pay off 1 million for the next 6 seasons. Perhaps the rangers could arrange something along those those lines if they're that desperate. I don't know, bottomline Sather really messed up big time.
Yeah thats for a Buy-Out not a trade! Tucker signed as a UFA with Colorado this year!

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:30 PM
  #58
Deal Sealer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newmarket
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky37 View Post
Yeah thats for a Buy-Out not a trade! Tucker signed as a UFA with Colorado this year!
Your right, boy id like for the next CBA to have some leeway with regards to that. bloody NHLPA

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
  #59
leaky37
Registered User
 
leaky37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM View Post
Your right, boy id like for the next CBA to have some leeway with regards to that. bloody NHLPA
Every business got a union! and the Union's are there to protect the workers!

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:40 PM
  #60
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
I'm not sure what this has to do with the NHLPA, but whatever. A few GMs want to allow that sort of transaction, Burke being one of them, but it remains to be seen if it'll happen.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
  #61
Deal Sealer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newmarket
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I'm not sure what this has to do with the NHLPA, but whatever. A few GMs want to allow that sort of transaction, Burke being one of them, but it remains to be seen if it'll happen.
Its part of what the NHLPA pushed in for job security. Really these players are contract workers hence why they get compensated well enoough as is IMO. I respect that their are certain clauses negotiated into the CBA but i find its a bit much. NTC and NMC for starters are ridiculous, if you are getting paid that much already you don't need that IMO. Not a big fan of unions anyways, take what CUPE 3903 did with York University recently. Disgusting...

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
  #62
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 6,053
vCash: 500
Blake

Would be lights out with Sid the Kid, Leafs can take back Satan and Fedetenko's contracts for the Pens #1.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
  #63
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLeaf View Post
Would be lights out with Sid the Kid, Leafs can take back Satan and Fedetenko's contracts for the Pens #1.
Pens laugh.

Look, Blake has been solid this season, but he still has 3 or 4 years left on his deal, which ends when he's almost 40.

Malkin, Crosby, Blake, Staal is taking up about 26 million... And that's just 4 forwards. Add in Gonchar, Whitney, and Orpik for an extra 13 that's 39 wrapped up in 7 players. Plus 5 for MAF, 44 for just 8 players.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
  #64
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 6,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Pens laugh.

Look, Blake has been solid this season, but he still has 3 or 4 years left on his deal, which ends when he's almost 40.

Malkin, Crosby, Blake, Staal is taking up about 26 million... And that's just 4 forwards. Add in Gonchar, Whitney, and Orpik for an extra 13 that's 39 wrapped up in 7 players. Plus 5 for MAF, 44 for just 8 players.
Pens have to make playoffs, Millions are at stake, in the end it's all about the $$$$

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:08 PM
  #65
LeafsGetTavares*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
This may sound mean...

Jason Blake is playing so well because he plays every shift like it's his last because anyone could be

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
  #66
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares View Post
This may sound mean...
You think?

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
  #67
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLeaf View Post
Would be lights out with Sid the Kid, Leafs can take back Satan and Fedetenko's contracts for the Pens #1.
I'd give you a 2nd and a 3rd, but not the first.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
  #68
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
I'd give you a 2nd and a 3rd, but not the first.
I think the Leafs would do that.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
  #69
Pen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
just trade him somewhere where u can get a 1st

Pen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:45 PM
  #70
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper13 View Post
just trade him somewhere where u can get a 1st
lol

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
  #71
Joey Moss
5 14 6 1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,915
vCash: 815
Penner and a 3rd? two overpaid players, Burke and Penner re-unite.

BTW, Burke and Lowe don't have to talk to eachother to make the deal so it;s good there.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:54 PM
  #72
glees68
la di da di
 
glees68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to glees68
I have always been a big Blake fan. So how about this proposal:

To the Rangers
Jason Blake

To the Leafs
Scott Gomez
3rd Round pick

Yes or no?

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:56 PM
  #73
dubey
Registered Genius
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the 6ix w/ my woes
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Avery View Post
I have always been a big Blake fan. So how about this proposal:

To the Rangers
Jason Blake

To the Leafs
Scott Gomez
3rd Round pick

Yes or no?
If the Leafs spend $7M+ on a forward it's not going to be Scott Gomez. Not to mention Blake is outscoring him..

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
  #74
glees68
la di da di
 
glees68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to glees68
I know Dubey, just thought I'd try.

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:01 PM
  #75
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Penner and a 3rd? two overpaid players, Burke and Penner re-unite.

BTW, Burke and Lowe don't have to talk to eachother to make the deal so it;s good there.
I would do that.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.