HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude Julien is one Bruin who is tough to Hate

Old
01-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Claude Julien is one Bruin who is tough to Hate

This guy gave it to the fans. Game is on the line and he gives Kovalev a 2 minute shift in overtime .

Then gives Kovie the choice of shootout positions.
Then tucks Lecavalier into the shootout, when St. Louis or even his own Marc Savard were more deserving.

I know who should be driving that Honda Ridgeline.

Claude is the one Bruin I find tough to hate - until the playoffs of course.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 06:06 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
This guy gave it to the fans. Game is on the line and he gives Kovalev a 2 minute shift in overtime .

Then gives Kovie the choice of shootout positions.
Then tucks Lecavalier into the shootout, when St. Louis or even his own Marc Savard were more deserving.

I know who should be driving that Honda Ridgeline.

Claude is the one Bruin I find tough to hate - until the playoffs of course.
Even Chara, When I heard all the great things hes participating in back in Boston for Children I couldn't hate the guy, no way.

Savard is pretty Charasmatic but he made a few wisecracks

And Thomas...He made a few nice saves, but on the breakaway challenge on Saturday he let Savard score!

SO I'd say Claude and Chara are the two I have the most trouble hating

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 06:09 AM
HFboarder*

I hate Julien just as much as I hate Chara, Thomas, Savard, Bergeron, Lucic, Ryder...

HFboarder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 06:13 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFboarder View Post
I hate Julien just as much as I hate Chara, Thomas, Savard, Bergeron, Lucic, Ryder...
You hate Ryder? Wtf o_O He was a former hab and did great things for our club, not to mention Claude is also a former Head Coach of the Habs... I dunno man, I aint that cold. Lucic I am not a fan of because he pumped up the crowd when fighting an injured Komisarek...Quasimodo

Old
01-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I don't and won't hate Claude Julien and can't hate Tim Thomas. Claude Julien just prooves that he's a great coach and is where he is despite being fired for not the greatest reasons. And I like the fact that he likes teams with some toughness, someting I wish one day, Habs will have.

As far as Thomas is concerned, you can't hate a guy who plays with such passion. Screw the style, Hasek made a pretty good living with a unorthodox style as well. Reality is that he gets the job done, and hates to lose and hates to be scored on. And his road to the NHL is actually something the kids should remember, and he has a great personnality. Both guys are great. Doesn't mean I don't want them to lose.....I hate the Bruins as a team.....but some personnalities are tougher if not impossible to hate than some others. Something is sure.....if Thomas and Chara would be with the Habs, they would be heroes.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:23 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't and won't hate Claude Julien and can't hate Tim Thomas. Claude Julien just prooves that he's a great coach and is where he is despite being fired for not the greatest reasons. And I like the fact that he likes teams with some toughness, someting I wish one day, Habs will have.

As far as Thomas is concerned, you can't hate a guy who plays with such passion. Screw the style, Hasek made a pretty good living with a unorthodox style as well. Reality is that he gets the job done, and hates to lose and hates to be scored on. And his road to the NHL is actually something the kids should remember, and he has a great personnality. Both guys are great. Doesn't mean I don't want them to lose.....I hate the Bruins as a team.....but some personnalities are tougher if not impossible to hate than some others. Something is sure.....if Thomas and Chara would be with the Habs, they would be heroes.
i agree, believe it or not i kind of like Thomas...oooh just got a shiver !! admitting to like a Ruins player..

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:28 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i agree, believe it or not i kind of like Thomas...oooh just got a shiver !! admitting to like a Ruins player..
Its a hard thing to type of say out loud but I REALLY like Thomas, if only every player on our team had his competitive spirit .....

And Chara is one ugly pilon, but he is all class as a human being and I respect him for it. He hasn't let his stardom get to his head at all.

I will still boo them as loud as I can, lol, but both are people are respect and like.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:32 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Its a hard thing to type of say out loud but I REALLY like Thomas, if only every player on our team had his competitive spirit .....

And Chara is one ugly pilon, but he is all class as a human being and I respect him for it. He hasn't let his stardom get to his head at all.

I will still boo them as loud as I can, lol, but both are people are respect and like.
we have to be careful what we say !! Ruins fans will come over here and say we fans are as soft as our team.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFboarder View Post
I think what he meant is that he does not hate any of them actually.

Anyway, assuming anyone from this list (including Ryder) enters a Montreal sports bar packed with die hard hab fans ... what is the worst that could happen ? That's right - people will buy him drinks and ask him for autographs - that's not hate. I've sean real hate in soccer where players from the "hated" team had to travel in armored cars. There's a lot of 'respect' in our hate towards the Bruins players.

Chara was fun, Julien was fun ("I'm glad for once I have 4 lines that can score goals") Savard was fun to watch but the trophy goes to Thomas. As someone said - it's doubtful that Julien was happy to see him do all those acrobatics and risking an injury in an ASG - none of the goalies were taking too many chances except him. It's probable that given his past, playing in an ASG meant a lot more to him then to Price for instance.

Anyway - let's get back to our regular schedule - it's Ruins bashing fest next Sunday.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Aarex

Quote:
oh yes he did, he was the best paper plane thrower during the playoffs i heard !

then you can go jump on the Ruins bandwagon, i am sure there is still plenty of room.
some of us diehards, hate any player thats a rival to our team, is this ok ?
If to be a diehard fan requires you to "hate" a guy because he plays for another team.....count me out.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIsMyHeroin View Post
If to be a diehard fan requires you to "hate" a guy because he plays for another team.....count me out.
Alright HIMH is out, anybody else gone soft?

(j/k) I typically only hate Bruins players during games and shortly after games except Lucic I hate him all the time

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:05 AM
LyleOdelein

I came out of this weekend more than impressed with Chara and Savard. Those two guys just seemed to be so humble and grounded. Both had fun with the fan reactions. Chara's charity idea was fantastic.

The Claude Julien that we saw this weekend is pretty much the same man that coach the Habs a few years back. He's still a great guy. The big difference in him professionally is his confidence. The way he talks now, the level of confidence he has in his ability to lead his team is light years ahead of how he sounded as the Habs' coach.

I love hating the Bruins. I find the rivalry all the more engaging when I can vilify the players wearing black and gold. This weekend will make it a little bit harder for me to hate Chara and Savard, I have gained a lot of respect after getting a glimpse into what their personalities are like. But I'm sure it will all come back to me after a couple games.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
I came out of this weekend more than impressed with Chara and Savard. Those two guys just seemed to be so humble and grounded. Both had fun with the fan reactions. Chara's charity idea was fantastic.

The Claude Julien that we saw this weekend is pretty much the same man that coach the Habs a few years back. He's still a great guy. The big difference in him professionally is his confidence. The way he talks now, the level of confidence he has in his ability to lead his team is light years ahead of how he sounded as the Habs' coach.

I love hating the Bruins. I find the rivalry all the more engaging when I can vilify the players wearing black and gold. This weekend will make it a little bit harder for me to hate Chara and Savard, I have gained a lot of respect after getting a glimpse into what their personalities are like. But I'm sure it will all come back to me after a couple games.
I remember what Julien said when he was hired by the Bruins. Said that he wanted to coach a team that will be tough, that will be hard to play against, a team that will play as a team. He's getting exactly that. So not only he has more confidence but he's coaching EXACTLY the type of team he prefers.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
WreckItRask

B's fan here. Just have to commend the Habs fans and the city of Montreal for a great show. We don't like you guys, you guys don't like us, that's established. But great hockey cities always seem to show their true colors when the spotlight is on them, and no one can deny how special this weekend was for the players, coaches, and the league...and by all accounts MTL didn't disappoint. I'm glad that everyone was able to move past the voting thing and focus on taking advantage of a great opportunity to sell the league in one it's flagship cities. As a Bruin's fan, it's good to be back in the mix, and here's to a healthy rivalry for the next few years. It's good for both cities and IMO the league needs it right now.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
NewHabsEra*

You just cant hate Claude Julien, you cant find a more classy guy..

Personally I hate no one, I can appreciate the quality of a team and their players coming with.. Opponents are there to break your limits, to get better.. In fact Im tougher on my own players than I am on everyone else, just like Im tough with myself when comes time to compete.. When I lose Im not angry at my opponents, Im angry toward myself if I dont feel I gave my best and I try to find solution to improve and get better, thats the mentality our Habs have to have when facing the top teams in the league..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
You just cant hate Claude Julien, you cant find a more classy guy..

Personally I hate no one, I can appreciate the quality of a team and their players coming with.. Opponents are there to break your limits, to get better.. In fact Im tougher on my own players than I am on everyone else, just like Im tough with myself when comes time to compete.. When I lose Im not angry at my opponents, Im angry toward myself if I dont feel I gave my best and I try to find solution to improve and get better, thats the mentality our Habs have to have when facing the top teams in the league..

NewHabsEra
The missing piece

" Kick your ass KOVY kick your ****ing ass!!!!!! "

nope no hate here !

Old
01-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

This is madness, I thought we were like the Bruins fans and hated everything about the rival.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:50 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
NewHabsEra
The missing piece

" Kick your ass KOVY kick your ****ing ass!!!!!! "

nope no hate here !
where do you see hate?

Its nothing new for anyone that Kovy tends to fall asleep some nights, just wanted to push him.. lol

The word hate is everywhere, while english isnt my first language, I still know the definition of this word and it has nothing to do with that, you just want your players to do better and play at their potential..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Gros Bill

You want to hate Claude Julien? Easy. Just have him coach the Habs, I guarantee at least half the posters here will hate him then.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:06 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
where do you see hate?

Its nothing new for anyone that Kovy tends to fall asleep some nights, just wanted to push him.. lol

The word hate is everywhere, while english isnt my first language, I still know the definition of this word and it has nothing to do with that, you just want your players to do better and play at their potential..
i know i was just kidding you...

Old
01-26-2009, 11:08 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is madness, I thought we were like the Bruins fans and hated everything about the rival.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Lucius

I agree that Julien did some class things this weekend, and of course Chara is a good person for what he's doing off-ice. No one actually hates these people as people, that crosses some line. We hate them mostly as hockey players, I suspect

I will say, I was disappointed in Thomas and his attempt to throw the breakaway relay so Savard could win.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:21 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
You want to hate Claude Julien? Easy. Just have him coach the Habs, I guarantee at least half the posters here will hate him then.
Been there, done that.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Magic33

When I was first brought into the room this weekend, I was introduced to Claude Julien. One of the nicest guys i';ve ever met. He talked to me for a while, and then proceeded to offer a tour of the dressing room area, even though the other coaches had asked him to go hang out in the office. I was really impressed. Actually, Julien, Chara and Thomas were all super nice guys. Chara especially. As much as we dislike them on the ice, i've got to say that they were all class acts

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Carey Chant

Every team needs it's Lex Luthor or it's Joker, that evil villain. For us, it's so easy to hate the Bruins. Lucic, former coach, Ryder, Chara etc. I can see how easy it is for them to hate us because we are the anti Bruins (flashy, fancy, french etc). You know Bruins fans love the Kostits bros lol.

It makes the game more fun when you have a rivalry. Almost kinda miss the Leafs being somewhat good (well, sheeet, let them live in the basement a few more years).

Can't be any sweeter when you knock out the Bruins...such a tradition of beatings. For Bruins fans, I think smashing the Habs in the playoffs would almost be like a cup win for them. Just imagine they beat us last year...still be celebrating right now.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote