HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tkachuk's six NHL club wish list.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Gulvorn

vCash: 500
It's been reported that Columbus might also be interested. They need a center desperately

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 50
These six cities must have an ass load of takeout restaurants.

Bring Back Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels for Everyone View Post
yeah, because the Wings really have the cap room...

why people continue to post anything from hockeybuzz is beyond me
1) This comes from Strickland, who's known for being a Blues insider well before hockeybuzz.

2) It's Tkachuk's wish list, not the other way around. I can't see Boston going after him either, but that doesn't mean Keith wouldn't want to play there.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:02 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
1) This comes from Strickland, who's known for being a Blues insider well before hockeybuzz.

2) It's Tkachuk's wish list, not the other way around. I can't see Boston going after him either, but that doesn't mean Keith wouldn't want to play there.
That is exactly correct.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post

How do you figure? Sturm is out for the year so there is a glaring hole at LW.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Lint07

Quote:

why people continue to post anything from hockeybuzz is beyond me
good job on missing the point there, buddy.

What's next? You're gonna say that ''No way Keith Tkachuk gets traded to 6 different team at the deadline, that's like sooo impossible, dude!!1!''

IT'S HIS WISHLIST

get off the hate eklund bandwagon and realize this rumor is from Andy Strickland who is very well connected within the Blues organization.

Lint07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
It's been reported that Columbus might also be interested. They need a center desperately
You don't want him for a center. He does an adequate job there but he is a drastically better player when lined up at LW.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
1. Boston - Doesn't need him. He'll just slow them down.
2. Rangers - Need him. Somebody like Shanny to crash the crease.
3. Capitals - Don't need him. Team Russia doesn't gel with Team USA.
4. Possibly Pittsburgh (depending on where they are in the standings) - Doesn't need him. He's not Hossa.
5. Detroit - Doesn't need him. They just need Holmstrom and Franzen to stay healthy.
6. San Jose - Doesn't need him. Plays the right style but he'll just disrupt the lineup.

Badabing! The Rangers will win the Tkachuk sweepstakes!!!

So it's Rangers are BUST!
Sounds good to me!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:33 PM
TPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddMan3001 View Post
I agree that Detroit is a horrible fit and I can't seem them doing anything either than a minor tweak, but having read the article it isn't a list of teams that have shown interest in Tkachuk, but teams that he thinks Tkachuk would be willing to go to. Just because Detroit has shown no interest (and isn't a good fit at all from Detroit's end of it) doesn't mean Tkachuk wouldn't be willing to go there.
Detroit had interest in Tkachuk 2 years back before he was traded to Atlanta... They actually were close to a deal that would send him there, close enough that they had a Tkachuk jersey already made when they were in Phoenix. He hasn't changed much as a player over the span of two years, so I don't see why Ken Holland wouldn't still be interested in him, albeit, at the right price.

TPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:35 PM
TPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
He accept a trade to go there in the first place. Also, he is much more valuable on the wing, but he still does a decent job at the center position (just not as many goals or physical presence).

Old
01-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Godfather

Like someone said it's all about who wants Walt out of that list. If those are the teams he's willing to waive his NTC for. I could see SJ, or Boston

Could hometown trump cup favorite? Also, would he sign again with the blues? I expect 1-2 years left max after this year left in his career.

Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
4. Possibly Pittsburgh (depending on where they are in the standings) - Doesn't need him. He's not Hossa.
5. Detroit - Doesn't need him. They just need Holmstrom and Franzen to stay healthy.
6. San Jose - Doesn't need him. Plays the right style but he'll just disrupt the lineup.

Really? The Pens don't need a gritty goal-scorer who happens to be one of the best players in front of the net in the league for their anemic PP? They reject players solely on the basis of "not being Marian Hossa"?

That's news to me. And the entire Pens fanbase.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:43 PM
TPS

Quote:

1. Boston: he would fit in great with that team, and definitely not slow him down.
2. Rangers: could use him, and he would help their offense score more goals. oh, and he's much better than shanny at this point in their careers...
3. Capitals: they don't need him? ok, that may or may not be true, but who wouldn't want him if the price is right?
4. Penguins: they need a top-six winger who can put pucks in the net. Tkachuk seems like a good fit for that team.
5. Detroit: you're right. but again, wouldn't he make them that better?
6. San Jose: look above at Detroit.

All in all, Keith Tkachuk would bring leadership, goal scoring ability, physicality, and could potentially enhance the power play of whoever he would be acquired by.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
hockeyball

Not that I'd particularly mind him on SJ with no cap issues but:

1) No cap room, period

2) We don't have prospects to trade, unless they seriously would take guys like Mcginn, Staubitz, Cavanaugh, etc...

3) No way SJ 'rents' anyone this season, no chance. DW has been burned 3 times in a row (Bell, Guerin, Campbell) he won't (has stated this) do it again. With a new contract, perhaps, but then see above.

All that aside, I like Kieth, being American born, physical, etc.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Prediction: San Jose and Detroit don't touch him with a 100 foot pole. I think Doug Wilson knows better than to trade for rentals with a questionable playoff history after the Bill Guerin disaster. (I stand by my claim that Christian Ehrhoff's best slapshot ever was the one that knocked Bill Guerin out of the SJ-Detroit series).

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Only player in NHL history to be apart of THREE teams blowing a series after being up 3 games to 1. (Jets 92, Coyotes 99 and Blues 03). And don't forget his amaizing scoring ability in the playoffs. 1 goal with the Thrashers in 4 playoffs games. KT's 0 goals in 5 games in 2004. 1 goal in 2003 as the Blues lose in 7 games. 2 goals in 15 games in 2001 playoffs. 1 goal in 5 games in the 2000 playoffs and his 1 goal in 7 games as the Coyotes lose to the Blues after being up 3 games to 1.
Everyone should read this post before spouting off the usual cliches about Tkachuk being a physical goal scorer who brings experience and leadership, yada yada yada.

The only teams that should be even remotely interested in acquiring him are ones that are desperate to make the playoffs in order to generate some buzz, need that extra push in the regular season, and don't really care how well they do once they make it (basically, like when Atlanta traded for him, but without giving up a king's random for peasant quality). But he's probably not interested in going to any of those teams anyway.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Todds Chiropractory

I don't want Tkachuk, but i would have thought Vancouver would be on there to play with Demo.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:09 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Waiting for Eklund to verify. Or it's bogus.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Well, no - if they just take Tkachuk on straight up, they don't. If they trade Filppula for Tkachuk, they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky View Post
These six cities must have an ass load of takeout restaurants.
I think this is an HF record - we went 26 posts before someone alluded to Tkachuk overeating / being fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Everyone should read this post before spouting off the usual cliches about Tkachuk being a physical goal scorer who brings experience and leadership, yada yada yada.
I said the same thing about Bill Guerin in 2007, knowing full well that someone was still going to give a 1st for him. Lo and behold, San Jose did. If Guerin didn't have a Cup in New Jersey at the start of his career, he'd be Tkachuk II wrt the playoffs - and actually, Guerin is worse in the postseason even after considering his time in New Jersey.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post

The only teams that should be even remotely interested in acquiring him are ones that are desperate to make the playoffs in order to generate some buzz, need that extra push in the regular season, and don't really care how well they do once they make it (basically, like when Atlanta traded for him, but without giving up a king's random for peasant quality). But he's probably not interested in going to any of those teams anyway.
Funny how he left out a few years in trying to make his point.

3 in 7 games as a rookie in 91-92, 4 in 6 games in 92-93, 6 in 7 games in 96-97, 3 in 6 in 97-98, 5 in 10 in 2001-02.

Gee all of a sudden theres a few good scoring years in there isnt there? Hes had afew good years on decent teams, hes had a few bad year on decent teams.

But hey its always one guys fault the team fails right?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
So Tkachuk is now good enough again to where he can have "a list"? Interesting...

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post

3 in 7 games as a rookie in 91-92, 4 in 6 games in 92-93, 6 in 7 games in 96-97, 3 in 6 in 97-98, 5 in 10 in 2001-02.

Gee all of a sudden theres a few good scoring years in there isnt there? Hes had afew good years on decent teams, hes had a few bad year on decent teams.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard it's Tkachuk's fault that the Thrashers were swept by the Rangers, even though
-- Tkachuk had as many points in that series (3) as Atlanta's four leading scorers in the regular season [Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Hossa, Slava Kozlov, and Scott Mellanby] did combined,
-- Tkachuk had as many goals in that series (1) as Kovalchuk, Hossa, Kozlov, Mellanby, Jon Sim, and Bobby Holik did combined,
-- Tkachuk was never on the ice for a goal against and was even a +2, while Hossa and Kozlov were each -6 in the series,
-- Tkachuk's 12 PIM's were from a misconduct [when Kovalchuk got into it with Avery] and a minor [which the Thrashers killed off]

Yep ... the Thrashers getting swept that year was all Tkachuk's fault. That's not to say he didn't show up in other years ... but in 2007 he was far from the reason that Atlanta got routed in four.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:50 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post

Yep, you are right. And this is the year Tkachoke is going to have one of those few "good" playoff years. So hurry up and give up your 1st and 2nd round pick for him.

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 01-27-2009 at 07:18 PM.
TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 07:21 PM
TPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
So Tkachuk is now good enough again to where he can have "a list"? Interesting...
Yeahhhhhh, I believe he has scored 515 goals and 500 assists for a total of 1015 points in the NHL. Interesting... I also believe that he has a NTC in his current contract, so YES he can have a "list" of teams he would accept a trade to. You sound completely idiotic to be quite honest. Oh, one more thing, he is a potential hall of famer...

Old
01-27-2009, 07:48 PM
The Depahted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
If by "good enough" you mean "has a NTC", then yes. So is PJ Axelsson. And I think Keith is still plenty talented. I'd love him and his 10 PPG in a Bruins sweater, parked in front of the net instead of Axe. But hey, thats just me.

Git 'er done Chiarelli!

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote