HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN = Idiots

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
TSN = Idiots

Their new rankings just came out, and we are thirteenth, just like we were last week, when we went undefeated, and just like we were the week before that, when we lost 4 in a row. If they are looking for a less arbitrary way of ranking the league's hottest teams, I suggest pulling names out of a hat.

Link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=548

Old
03-08-2004, 02:33 PM
felixd

I admit it is kind of weird. The guy claims the leafs are always so high because key players are coming back form injuries I thought power rankings were supposed to represent how teams had done recently...

Old
03-08-2004, 02:33 PM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Their new rankings just came out, and we are thirteenth, just like we were last week, when we went undefeated, and just like we were the week before that, when we lost 4 in a row. If they are looking for a less arbitrary way of ranking the league's hottest teams, I suggest pulling names out of a hat.

Link:

What were you expecting from the Toronto Sports Network?

Old
03-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Darz

Actaully going into the playoffs I hope we get underrated by the media league wide.

Right now, imo, we are becoming the hip pick to cause some noise come playoff time, and if the players get that kind of thinking into their heads we are in trouble.

Let 'em think we are a push over. That kind of thinking can only motivate the habs!!!!

Old
03-08-2004, 02:38 PM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Actaully going into the playoffs I hope we get underrated by the media league wide.

Right now, imo, we are becoming the hip pick to cause some noise come playoff time, and if the players get that kind of thinking into their heads we are in trouble.

Let 'em think we are a push over. That kind of thinking can only motivate the habs!!!!
I disagree. I think that this team has been easily influenced by what they hear in the media. That's why they can't reach the next level. If they had a more outspoken captain they would be a lot more motivated.

Old
03-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I admit it is kind of weird. The guy claims the leafs are always so high because key players are coming back form injuries I thought power rankings were supposed to represent how teams had done recently...
They always have "key" players coming back from injury. That's what happens when half your team is only able to play 60 games a year.

Old
03-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
I disagree. I think that this team has been easily influenced by what they hear in the media. That's why they can't reach the next level. If they had a more outspoken captain they would be a lot more motivated.

I think if a team needs the media to motivate them they are in major trouble.

I think the habs this year are a highly motivated team regardless if the media is reporting good or bad times. I mean they have defiantely done better than 99% of people thought they would have, and have seem to work out the little things that could have potentially hurt the club. I'm not worried about the leadership of this club whatsoever.

For the record, Steve Yzerman, who is considered a great leader is not considered outspoken.

Old
03-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Gimme a break. Too easily influenced by the media to reach the next level? I thought it had something to do with Traverse, MacKay et al last year. I guess I was wrong.
If they had a more outspoken captain, they'd obviously be sheltered from the media ? Yeah, right . BTW, what makes you think the team is not motivated enough this year ? They sure aren't playing like it and it seems to me that it's the other way around : they OVER-achieving this year.

I guess if you don't like Koivu, any excuse is good reason to put him down.

Old
03-08-2004, 05:56 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero

Link:

Old
03-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
---------------------------------------------

oubliez ces rangs guys.they ne signifiez pas que rien à me.whats important pour moi est que nous jouerons dans le premier rond des finales en 4 semaines dès maintenant

Old
03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

oubliez ces rangs guys.they ne signifiez pas que rien à me.whats important pour moi est que nous jouerons dans le premier rond des finales en 4 semaines dès maintenant

Ca c'est du bon franglais!

Old
03-08-2004, 06:16 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
If they had a more outspoken captain they would be a lot more motivated.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

Love your French, dude. You and Bob Gainey use the language at a level I can understand.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
I like TSN's rankings.

Ranking teams based on results is easy. That's what ESPN does. If you're top of the standings, you're top of the rankkings. Easy. TSN uses far more variables, such as injuries, and individual players. It's more advanced per se. And the guy uses some kind of formula as well, so it's completely objective.

In any case, it's not fair to say that "TSN are idiots" when only one guy is doing the rankings.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:04 AM
dre

yeah i thought the guy his own little system that he used witout biases. the guy gets ripped by leaf fans everytime they are not in top 5 in rankings anyways. i don't think we need to add to the mail bag.

i've never really understood everyones obsession with the powerrankings made by different websites. everyone is always so angry at where there team is positioned (unless u are pittsburgh or ranked #1). its a ranking made by a person. we could all make are own version of a power rank. don't get so worked up, u'll live longer

Old
03-09-2004, 03:01 AM
MattScott

Send a message via MSN to MattScott
Sure we're doing well right now, but the only team ahead of us that we're better then is Calgary, and even that's debatable with the way Kipper's played.

Closed Thread