HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Colorado @ Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 01:08 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
I have no doubts that Crawford didn't want Bertuzzi to do what he did. But he did want the message sent that his star players should never be touched.

What is Moore's obligation? To fight every single time he's challenged by bigger players until he's taught his lesson? I mean, will Crawford only be satisfied when Moore finally goes down in a fight? It's asinine, and his willingness to let every shift go after Moore thereafter was just a reiteration of his desire to send that message. I have no doubt that Crawford wanted Moore made an example of. But not the way it happened. But does that really matter?

Old
03-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
I have no doubts that Crawford didn't want Bertuzzi to do what he did. But he did want the message sent that his star players should never be touched.

What is Moore's obligation? To fight every single time he's challenged by bigger players until he's taught his lesson? I mean, will Crawford only be satisfied when Moore finally goes down in a fight? It's asinine, and his willingness to let every shift go after Moore thereafter was just a reiteration of his desire to send that message. I have no doubt that Crawford wanted Moore made an example of. But not the way it happened. But does that really matter?
Guilt by association as far as I'm concerned.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I'm sorry our 2nd best forward is such a moron.

Cooke fought him, May fought him... those incidents are OK IMO.

Again, I'm sorry our 2nd best forward is a moron. Hope Moore gets well.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Wow I thought I would hop on here to see if Moore is ok. I saw the game and was worried about about how he was doing. I'm glad to hear he appears to be just fine but I cannot believe some of the posts I've been reading. Not all but a lot of it is nothing short of ridiculousness. To paraphrase a few..."All Canucks fans are classless, Canucks fans should die in car accidents on the way home, Bertuzzi should be shot in his face, they are all pu$$ies, if anyone makes a counterpoint they will be banned from the board"... I mean just listen to yourselves! You don't need a soap box, you need mirrors! As a hockey fan who has no allegiance to either team, I'm embarassed by the behavior and comments on the Colorado board. Suspend me, rant back at me, threaten to kick my a$$, do whatever you freakin want to but before you do, go read the posts in Vancouver forum and see just how "classless" they really are before you keep going on with your moronic generalizations and ironic rants!

"Hey kettle, your black" said the pot

Old
03-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy
Wow I thought I would hop on here to see if Moore is ok. I saw the game and was worried about about how he was doing. I'm glad to hear he appears to be just fine but I cannot believe some of the posts I've been reading. Not all but a lot of it is nothing short of ridiculousness. To paraphrase a few..."All Canucks fans are classless, Canucks fans should die in car accidents on the way home, Bertuzzi should be shot in his face, they are all pu$$ies, if anyone makes a counterpoint they will be banned from the board"... I mean just listen to yourselves! You don't need a soap box, you need mirrors! As a hockey fan who has no allegiance to either team, I'm embarassed by the behavior and comments on the Colorado board. Suspend me, rant back at me, threaten to kick my a$$, do whatever you freakin want to but before you do, go read the posts in Vancouver forum and see just how "classless" they really are before you keep going on with your moronic generalizations and ironic rants!

I'm sorry , but after some of the stupid statements made on here by some idiotic fans.....emotions are going to rise, esepcially after such a terrible play. It is what it is.....

Old
03-09-2004, 01:51 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Dumb post in main board ( it DOES NOT represent most of canuck fans)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Avsarewhineybiotches

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:46 am Post subject: Moore got what he deserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A team that whines about little stupid crap all the time, and then goes and sends a little dips--- to hurt the best player in the NHL deserves to have this happen.

Only it shouldn't have been Moore on the ice in his own blood. It should have been Sakic.

Does Colorado have to keep the ice extra cold from all that crying they do during the game? I mean, it must be hard with all that salty ice to keep it frozen.

Moore got EXACTLY what he deserves. What Bertuzzi did was NO DIFFERENT than what Moore did. Moore intentionally hurt Naslund, and Bertuzzi intentionally hurt Moore. Except Moore actually hurt a player that isn't just some idiotic goon.

And as for Crawfords apology. He should have just spit on the ground to show what he really feels for pieces of crap like Moore.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'm sorry , but after some of the stupid statements made on here by some idiotic fans.....emotions are going to rise, esepcially after such a terrible play. It is what it is.....
That's a fair statement.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:58 AM
slosharksfan

Send a message via AIM to slosharksfan
what was he doing on the ice in such a blow out game, and while i think bertuzzi should definitly be suspended for 11+ i have seen the video and dont think he should be kiked out for life (sp whatever) but definitly a long time

Old
03-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy

Please, pull out the ol' dictionary and go through my post word by word--because evidently you didn't understand what I said.

Counterarguments are one thing, but putting any positive spin on this incident is considered baiting by my parameters. If you don't like it, then there's the door.

PS - The car accident comment came from a Nucks fan. Get a grip.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Please, pull out the ol' dictionary and go through my post word by word--because evidently you didn't understand what I said.

Counterarguments are one thing, but putting any positive spin on this incident is considered baiting by my parameters. If you don't like it, then there's the door.

PS - The car accident comment came from a Nucks fan. Get a grip.
I concede the car accident comment did indeed come from a Canuck fan. That still doesn't change the plethera of stupid comments and generalizations made throughout this thread. As one poster aluded to it was just emotions running high and I can understand that but when you're not wearing Avalanche sunglasses it's difficult to read.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 19
As an Avs fan I'm ashamed at your generalizations, it's not like everyone cheered when Moore got hit. I was reading the Canucks game day thread, the second Moore was hurt they were flipping out on Bertuzzi, so don't call all 'Nucks fans classless. It's not like everyone threw stuff onto Worrel ONE fan did. Keep the generalizations down, if you want to call other organizations classless then you are not being any better then they are!
Interesting that you make your first post here, as a so called Av fan, defending Canucks fans, and condeming Avalanche fans.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Foppa2118

Well most everybody took the words out of my mouth, so I don't have much original to rant about, which is probably a good thing. I was so angry during the last 10 minutes of that game, that if I would have left my house, and been in contact with anyone, I might have gotten in a fight myself. I've never wished I was a player on the Avalache more than today, not even for game seven in the cup finals. I wanted so badly to stick up for a guy on my team, that it was driving me crazy. Now all I have to do is vent, by trying to put how I feel into words.

First of all, a couple things that got overshadowed after the Moore incident, were Brad May's classless taunting of Aebischer, after he scored, for absolutely no reason. Vancouver didn't come to play at all tonight, and all they could do was goon it up all game long. Why should Moore fight 5 times. He answered the bell, and fought against a guy comparable in size, and it should have been left at that. Also I believe Marc Crawford should be suspended as well, mainly because he is resposible for his players, and what they do. I don't believe he wanted Bertuzzi to do what he did, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he told him to go out there and do something to him. I was praying Granato was going to jump the bench and wipe that pathetic smirk of his face. I can't believe he would smile like that, with Moore in the condition he was in. Every Canuck player, coach, management, or fan that had anything negative to say about Moore's hit on Naslund (which was clean) has now become a blatant hypocrite. I'd like to hear what Brian Burke consider's Bertuzzi's actions to be, after he so colorfully painted Moore in such a bad light, after what he did.

Bertuzzi should be suspended at least until the end of the regular season. The emotion in me want's him to be suspended for life, although I know that won't happen. I've never seen anything that cowardly in my life, not in hockey, or outside of it.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:07 AM
sabresfan61

I would just like to say that I hope to god that Bertuzzi is seriously punished for what he did to Moore...that was the lowest of low that i have ever seen...i hope that Moore is ok...we here in Buffalo are thinking about him....

Old
03-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Belgian Fan

Well I saw the video, and I think it was a horrible incident. It was pretty sickening seeing an athlete like Steve more crash onto the Ice like a bag of potatoes and than getting the full weight of Bertuzzi on top of him as wel.

I really hope Moore will be allright and hopefully he can continue his career as a hockey player as well.

As for Bertuzzi, that was a very cowardly act. It's one thing to challenge a player when you feel he's taken liberties with your captain( even though most of the followers though Moore's hit was a clean one), but punching someone from behind with all your might is just not done. I don't understand what was going on in his mind as there was no excuse like adrenaline or something like that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he won't be back for the regular season and if it were up to me he'd be gone for the playoffs as well.
And that might very well happen as we know the league doesn't like this kind of negative publicity at all.

But first and foremost I hope Steve will get better soon!

Old
03-09-2004, 08:17 AM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian Fan
Well I saw the video, and I think it was a horrible incident. It was pretty sickening seeing an athlete like Steve more crash onto the Ice like a bag of potatoes and than getting the full weight of Bertuzzi on top of him as wel.

I really hope Moore will be allright and hopefully he can continue his career as a hockey player as well.

As for Bertuzzi, that was a very cowardly act. It's one thing to challenge a player when you feel he's taken liberties with your captain( even though most of the followers though Moore's hit was a clean one), but punching someone from behind with all your might is just not done. I don't understand what was going on in his mind as there was no excuse like adrenaline or something like that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he won't be back for the regular season and if it were up to me he'd be gone for the playoffs as well.
And that might very well happen as we know the league doesn't like this kind of negative publicity at all.

But first and foremost I hope Steve will get better soon!
Just to expand on that cowardly act just remember that this was the last regular season meeting, his last shift (he had to know he was going to get a misconduct with less than 12 minutes to go) and the game was well out of hand before that. He or anyone else who weighted 75 lbs more could have just faced him earlier, taken the instigator then come back out later on the ice to pay the price like a man. Instead we got Bertuzzi's premeditated bafoonery of the worst kind.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:53 AM
tucson_av

If the NHL wants to protect its players from premeditated intent to injure, maybe they should enforce the suspension (10-15 games, whatever) beginning when the injured player returns to the team.

The Canucks played a disgusting game last night, I think 14 (at least) minors attests to that.

Last edited by tucson_av: 03-09-2004 at 08:56 AM.
Old
03-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Laperriere22*

Don't know where else to post this, but after reading the Nucks board, I don't get the sense that there's all that much real disgust with Bertuzzi. Don't know how to explain it (and I'm choosing my words carefully here), but it sounds like a lot of Nucks fans are saying the right things more than anything else. I'm not going to name names either, but I don't think most people get it. You can say you feel bad for Moore all you want, but as soon as you go and say something about the hit on Naslund, I think any sincerity is immediately lost. And for the most part, the only ones that care about poor little Bertuzzi are the Nucks fans. I'm ignoring the obvious trolls in my little commentary as well. I'm sure I'll be asked how I can say this or that it's a lame attack on the Nucks fans, but it isn't an attack, only an observation. And the reason why I say this is I've had one of the princes of braincramps on my team for awhile now. When he does something stupid (speaking of Tkachuk of course), I don't defend him whatsoever; I, in fact, express disgust about it. And maybe it's just me, but I don't get a lot of feeling that the Nucks fans' comments I've read express much disgust outside of their own selfish Canucks world. I am making broad statements about Nucks fans here, but I know not all of them are like that. I fully get that and always have. But, I still feel it needs to be said because unlike some, I can't say I'm all that impressed by the reaction to this from their fanbase here.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Breck Av

Sadly, Lappy, I gave Vancouver fans props last night for talking a good game about how bad they felt for Moore.

Now after reading their board today I've changed my mind. When people have avatar tag lines like "MooreHadItComing" you know the fan base is lacking upstairs.

The people that continue to defend Bertuzzi because Moore had a "dirty" hit are imbeciles. It wasn't a dirty hit, he wasn't headhunting. Moore didn't intend to injure Naslund. It was an accident that Naslund even got hurt and he missed three whole games.

Now they defend a premeditated attack from behind. This whole incident shines an ugly light on society and fandom. "What my guy did is ok because I root for a certain jersey and city." Message boards only make it worse. What a joke.

Old
03-10-2004, 01:58 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Av
Sadly, Lappy, I gave Vancouver fans props last night for talking a good game about how bad they felt for Moore.

Now after reading their board today I've changed my mind. When people have avatar tag lines like "MooreHadItComing" you know the fan base is lacking upstairs.

The people that continue to defend Bertuzzi because Moore had a "dirty" hit are imbeciles. It wasn't a dirty hit, he wasn't headhunting. Moore didn't intend to injure Naslund. It was an accident that Naslund even got hurt and he missed three whole games.

Now they defend a premeditated attack from behind. This whole incident shines an ugly light on society and fandom. "What my guy did is ok because I root for a certain jersey and city." Message boards only make it worse. What a joke.

I say words like gutless, classless, cowardly, disgusting, and hypocritcal, and I still don't feel like I have described how truly pathetic Bertuzzi's, and the whole Vancouver orginization's actions, throughout this whole mess. Just look at Pierre, and the Avalanche's orginization's reaction to a act that is about 50 times as worse as Moore's clean hit on Naslund, compared to how they *****ed and whined, and threatened, and name called in that overreaction.

Also in a move almost as gutless as the act he made, Todd Bertuzzi has yet to stand up like a man, and be held acountable, and at least apologize. Instead they say he is too upset to comment right now. What a bunch of crap. He's been a coward for years, and he will always be one.

Closed Thread