HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Best fit for Spezza

Old
01-27-2009, 11:22 PM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
a single bad game? what? they are 28th overall!
Who said a single bad game...????? I said "and you single out Spezza". Read the posts carefully please.

FlapJackKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:24 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
i dont know, I just want his bad contract out of ottawa, he shouldnt be making that kind of cash...Actually no one should be if they cant hit the net.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Comely

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
i dont know, I just want his bad contract out of ottawa, he shouldnt be making that kind of cash...Actually no one should be if they cant hit the net.
Actually he hits the back of the net on a fairly regular basis....

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Lunatik*

I am not saying the Sens should try and move Spezza but obviously a team like Columbus or Atlanta could really use his style of play with Nash/Kovalchuk... another team that I think could use his services is Florida... while they don't have that big sniper than can benefit Spezza would likely really help the likes of Booth and Horton

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Would've said Calgary but Keenan would crucify him for his turnovers and defensive lapses. Maybe...Carolina, Florida, and a few others like them are around.

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Kamina
Amok

Best fit for Spezza: Ottawa Senators.

****ing ******.

Last edited by Kamina: 01-28-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Sulayman

This man does not represent us.

Sulayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:36 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
Best fit for Spezza: Ottawa Senators.

****ing ******.
Ottawa may be the best fit for Spezza, but is Spezza the best fit for Ottawa?

They need scoring depth, a goalie and a few defensemen.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post

and if you take Spezza out of the equation you could add first line center to that list also.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:05 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Can we has Spezza? Elias - Spezza - Gionta

Will trade Pandolfo and low round picks. kthnxbi.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:15 AM
trademasterb*

The Sens would be very foolish not to trade Spezza. They stink and they won't be getting better without trading for young players, prospects and picks.

Spezza is a very good offensive player but Sens fans seem to want the world for him. Won't happen with that salary. They have to be realistic.

To me, the Sens should seriously look at moving him to Chicago. They probably would need to take Hlavat back which isn't a problem. I think he has 2 years on his contract and I'm pretty sure they could then trade him to somebody else after the deal.

I'd want back from the Hawks in return

Bolland and Ladd. I think Hlavat, Bolland and Ladd is a fair return and fair for the Hawks.

They could then trade Hlavat to a team like Edmonton who is desperate to make the playoffs. Maybe for Penner who basically has done squat there.

Penner, Bolland and Ladd is greater and better for Ottawa.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
The Sens would be very foolish not to trade Spezza. They stink and they won't be getting better without trading for young players, prospects and picks.

Spezza is a very good offensive player but Sens fans seem to want the world for him. Won't happen with that salary. They have to be realistic.

To me, the Sens should seriously look at moving him to Chicago. They probably would need to take Hlavat back which isn't a problem. I think he has 2 years on his contract and I'm pretty sure they could then trade him to somebody else after the deal.

Bolland and Ladd. I think Hlavat, Bolland and Ladd is a fair return and fair for the Hawks.

They could then trade Hlavat to a team like Edmonton who is desperate to make the playoffs. Maybe for Penner who basically has done squat there.

Wow that sucks horribly.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Cherith Cutestory

Quote:

Terrbile trade idea

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:49 AM
bassassin

Best fit for Spezza would be Tortorella, he would have lit a fire under his ass (remember the first years with Torts and Vinny who turned from a cherry picking, whats d?? kinda player into a solid defensively Rocket Richard winner). Thats part of the reason why I didnt want Torts to go to Ottawa as he might do something good with the team

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:55 AM
marc-edouard grier

Quote:

I posted in a previous thread concerning Spezza that trading him would be akin to the Bruins trading Thornton to my SJ Sharks (thank you SO SO MUCH, Mike O'Connell), and the trade you're proposing for Ottawa in this case is....ugh, might even be worse than the one for Big Joe. Comparing the major players in these trades:

Penner (26) vs Sturm (27 when traded):
Penner's previous 3 season: 45 pts in 82 games, 47 pts in 82 games, and currently 23 pts in 45 games, meaning he's on pace to score the same number of points. He is also playing on a contract widely regarded as an overpayment and has a reputation of being lazy and unmotivated, meaning that his value should be lower than his point totals suggests.
Sturm's previous 4 seasons (including the part of the 05/06 season he played with SJ): 41 in 77, 48 in 82, 41 in 64, and 16 in 23. Had a bit of an injury history, but never had any majors problems with work ethic on one of the more hard-working teams in the league at the time, and had a good contract (I remember it being about 2-2.5MM$, signed through 06-07)
In summation: Penner is probably the better player here all things considered, but has less value considering the contractual and work ethic considerations.

Ladd (23) vs Stuart (26 when traded):
Ladd's point totals the past 3 seasons: 21 in 65, 30 in 63, and 28 in 45 so far this year
Stuart's point totals pre-trade: 29 in 82, 14 in 26, 39 in 77, and 12 in 23 games up until he got traded
Now, I realize that using points between positions is not the greatest way of determining a trade, but when you're considering trading away an elite player, you have to have some offense in the equation, since you get paid elite money to put the puck in the net. That being said, Ladd looks like he's doing great for himself as a 2nd/3rd line left wing type; however, that would be a throw in at best in a Spezza deal, since those players can be filled fairly cheaply. The point totals were there to illustrate how a defenseman in Stuart (who was the centerpiece of the JT deal) has fairly similar offensive numbers to Ladd, with the difference in salaries at the time about .75-1MM$ higher for Stuart. In terms of value, I would think you'd have to be insane to say that Stuart isn't the more valuable out of the two.

Bolland (22) vs Primeau (28 when traded):
Bolland's point totals pre-trade: 17 in 39, and 25 in 45
Primeau's point totals pre-trade: 18 in 77, 29 in 72, and 8 in 21 when traded
Bolland is definitely the more valuable commodity here, putting up points at roughly the same clip that Ladd is, whereas Primeau was and is primarily a 3rd/4th line energy guy type. I guess the more important question here is whether Bolland+Ladd=Stuart, and I would say that the value is slightly in the favor the Hawks combo, though neither has really done anything to suggest that they can be consistent 50-60 point types.

So, in summation, although all the individual pieces are a bit different, with the Hawks+Oil combo significantly younger, the actual value between the two trades (the JT vs. proposed JS one) are essentially identical, involving 2nd/3rd line and 2nd pairing types for elite playmaking centers. In other words, STUPID ****ING TRADE.

marc-edouard grier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:05 AM
MatthewT

The best fit for Spezza is here in Ottawa with Dany Heatley on his wing.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Anasazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12AL21 View Post
This man does not represent us.
Yea. Pretty much...

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:00 AM
The King of Town

This thread fails on so many levels, you just have to smile and laugh.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
This thread fails on so many levels, you just have to smile and laugh.
You also have to be a bit scared that a large portion of our fanbase has suddenly become eligible for the special olympics.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post

Karlsson, Elliott, cap space to eliminate other problems.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote