HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Foppa sweepstakes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2009, 01:23 AM
  #1
sweHockeypunk21
Registered User
 
sweHockeypunk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CALI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Foppa sweepstakes

most chance of returning to former team


Id personally want him at san jose but no idea what to do for caproom
How much will he make?Approx.

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:27 AM
  #2
FissionFire
Registered User
 
FissionFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
Far more that the Sharks have unless they dump a few players. He'll get something similar to what he did last year with Colorado.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:01 AM
  #3
hemskysuncle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
what a strange career...the NHL has become like every other business offering part time jobs i guess

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 05:25 AM
  #4
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
More like a free prize in a cereal box at this point.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 05:31 AM
  #5
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,161
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It will be Flyers or Avalanche.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 05:43 AM
  #6
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!
 
Rob Nieds work ethic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,548
vCash: 500
Colorado.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:12 AM
  #7
trademasterb*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Why would anybody want him. He's clearly done and everytime he comes back, the team he is on does nothing in the playoffs.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:21 AM
  #8
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!
 
Rob Nieds work ethic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Why would anybody want him. He's clearly done and everytime he comes back, the team he is on does nothing in the playoffs.
Why would anyone want one of the best all-around players, let alone playmakers, of all-time?

He's not done. He loves the game and he had 1 goal and 13 assists in 9 games last season.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:22 AM
  #9
bones21212
Registered User
 
bones21212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: the underground
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
i wouldnt offer him one cent more than the league minimum. if he proves hes healthy and can still play, then we will talk about serious money.

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:26 AM
  #10
trademasterb*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
He's not the best of anything anymore. In fact, he's probably just an average, 35 old fart player at this point. That's why nobody would want him.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:26 AM
  #11
jaems
Registered User
 
jaems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
If he's healthy, he's still on his game.

He joined the Avs last year for only 16 games, and he still managed to score 19 points.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:33 AM
  #12
bones21212
Registered User
 
bones21212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: the underground
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
if youre only able too play 16 games, i dont think i really need you on my team.

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:42 AM
  #13
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,972
vCash: 500
Modo.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
  #14
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
IF he comes back I only see the Flyers as a home for him if he wants a chance at the cup. Many people say the Avs but with all their injuries etc I really would be surprised if they made the playoffs.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:42 AM
  #15
futurcorerock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 6,435
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
Sweepstakes?

Enjoy your rapidly declining paraplegic

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:58 AM
  #16
Nacho
Special
 
Nacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Ask again on feb 9...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
  #17
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
 
detrude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 3,567
vCash: 500
It's that time of the week already? Time flies

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
  #18
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
i would love to have him on the panthers what would it cost to get him

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
  #19
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru
 
DayWalk3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern Hemisphere
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
First off we need to see IF he decides to return (I believe he said it's around 2 weeks from now that we'll hopefully get an answer)

Second is, if he DOES decide to return, I think almost any team would be interested in him, because he won't cost a dime (well, probably around 1mil pro-rated at the deadline) but he won't cost any picks or players, (low risk deal with an possible huge upside to it) and therefore I think most of the teams would be interested in him.

With that said, I think Colorado has a 90% chance of getting him and Flyers around 10%, and other teams 'slim to none' but that won't matter tho, because I think he decides to retire, which in my case would be a very, very sad day.

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
  #20
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 50
I totally agree it will likely be the flyers or avalanche, however i would love to see him in a flames uniform. Cammalleri/forsberg/iginla would be devastating.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:55 PM
  #21
not dominator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 1,008
vCash: 500
The 'Hawks will give him an offer but I don't think he'll take it.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:19 PM
  #22
Gusher
Registered User
 
Gusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCallex View Post
Colorado.
Sure, it's his old team and everything but why would he want to go there to finish the season and possibly his career?

I can't even see the Avs making the Playoffsn this season.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:19 PM
  #23
Saren
Multi Pass!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fhloston Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
Vancouver, so we can have two Swedish Nanas.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
  #24
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCallex View Post
Why would anyone want one of the best all-around players, let alone playmakers, of all-time?

He's not done. He loves the game and he had 1 goal and 13 assists in 9 games last season.

But alas, here on HF some posters will NEVER allow facts to get in the way of their reality. You should know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
He's not the best of anything anymore. In fact, he's probably just an average, 35 old fart player at this point. That's why nobody would want him.
As opposed to a 15 year old version of same.

Love the age bias.

"Average"?

"And nobody would want him"? Perhaps not in some treefort fantasy league, where apparently only 20 somethings (or younger) need apply. NHL GMs however, do.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:45 PM
  #25
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Beach, NY
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,886
vCash: 500
Rangers.....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.