HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Make your offers for...Pavel Kubina

Old
01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
He's right. Kubina stinks and he's overpaid. Honestly, if he was a Ranger you would be saying the EXACT same thing as he is.
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Not a bad offer. What is Lupuls salary? You could probably keep Jones. No interest in him. TO has too many D as it is.
Lupul is set to make 4 mil next season. He signed a 16mil * 4 years contract last summer.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
sure they are, Jones is young and some pretty good upside. I also think we could swing Lupul for a 1st at the deadline (if we didn't want him)

I'd do it
With his contract and a falling cap, I don think you can get a first for Lupul.
No team is going to trade a early first rounder for him and no team with a later first rounder can afford to take on his 4.25M salary with a falling cap.
Jones is 27, turning 28 he isnt that young and was under producing before he got hurt and is making almost 3m a season.
Realistically I do like both players but they are paid too much.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Not a bad offer. What is Lupuls salary? You could probably keep Jones. No interest in him. TO has too many D as it is.
4.25 per for 4 years. Randy Jones is getting 3 mil as well. I don't like this deal myself, but to do it they'd need to have Jones in the trade.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Lupuls' salary goes to 4.25M per after this one, and extends to 2012-13. Jones is included to make the cap work for Philly. I may have even been inclined to add a 2nd instead of a 3rd, but I do not believe we have one for 2009.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
With his contract and a falling cap, I don think you can get a first for Lupul.
No team is going to trade a early first rounder for him and no team with a later first rounder can afford to take on his 4.25M salary with a falling cap.
Jones is 27, turning 28 he isnt that young and was under producing before he got hurt and is making almost 3m a season.
Realistically I do like both players but they are paid too much.
Defense takes longer before you hit your prime. I think Jones has a lot to offer, worst cause we swing him for a 2nd or 3rd next season. Lupul is worth a 1st and i'd take him on. He and Tavares would make a nice little combo!

Old
01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
dmacin2*

Kubinas contract in one of the biggest reasons JFJ doesnt have a job as a GM right now. If he was a UFA at the end of this year instead of next he might be able to get Toronto a mid round pick and a decent prospect.

Who wants a 5 million dollar 2nd pairing defencman (on a week team) next year. With all this economic uncertanty? Atlanta? That would be the end of Don Wadell (finally).

On the flip side he might go for a salary dump,
how about Penner and Staios for Kubina and a 2nd?

That sure was a ugly signing by JFJ

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:31 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Lupuls' salary goes to 4.25M per after this one, and extends to 2012-13. Jones is included to make the cap work for Philly. I may have even been inclined to add a 2nd instead of a 3rd, but I do not believe we have one for 2009.
I don[t see anything wrong with that offer, i actually think its one of the best we've seen for him.

Lupul is extremely underrated. He'd be our best forward if that trade ever happened.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
With a second in the deal instead of a third I would make the deal If I was sure I could find someone to take Jones off our hands or even off waivers.

Old
JT 91 NYI*

1 bag (small) of pucks and a used skate sharpener

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
Kubinas contract in one of the biggest reasons JFJ doesnt have a job as a GM right now. If he was a UFA at the end of this year instead of next he might be able to get Toronto a mid round pick and a decent prospect.

Who wants a 5 million dollar 2nd pairing defencman (on a week team) next year. With all this economic uncertanty? Atlanta?

That sure was a ugly signing
He's a top pairing D on a team even like Det or Boston.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
grabo84

Quote:
I don[t see anything wrong with that offer, i actually think its one of the best we've seen for him.

Lupul is extremely underrated. He'd be our best forward if that trade ever happened.
You value Lupul a lot more than I do then. I'd rather resign Antropov for that sort of money. Flyers fans are basically willing to give away Jones for free.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Kubinas contract in one of the biggest reasons JFJ doesnt have a job as a GM right now
When initially signed the contract may have been bad, but $5M is pretty much the going rate right now for a Dman of his calibre, like it or not.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
TimmyVezina

Quote:
Seriously, do you even watch hockey?

Good luck with the rest of your trolling...
Probably as much as most people on the boards. I am a Bruins fan who happens to live in T.O who just happens to have owned Leaf season tickets since the Gardens. I don't like the Leafs but i do support them and their efforts to turn things around. I go to watch other teams play 35-40 times a year.

Yeah, i think i understand the game and the trade value of players more so than the actually Leaf fans themselves who over rate their players the same way i might do so with my Bruins at times. We need to take off the rose coloured glasses and realise that Kubina was overpaided and brought into T.O for the ring on his finger. He'll be 32 this year and is a #3-4 defenceman at best. Not a PP guy, not worth Lupul and the only thing they will get for him is a low draft pick and the remaining 8 million off the books.

I'll keep trolling....

TimmyVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Defense takes longer before you hit your prime. I think Jones has a lot to offer, worst cause we swing him for a 2nd or 3rd next season. Lupul is worth a 1st and i'd take him on. He and Tavares would make a nice little combo!
No team would give a second or a third for him He is making almost 3m a season and has 2 points in 15 games on the season.
And no team in this financial market gives a First for Lupul. He is a good player with good upside but he makes too much money.

And I dont see him and Tavares as a good pairing. , both are suspect skaters with a suspect defensive game. Not that the Leafs will get Tavares anyway.

Old
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
You guys who don't think Kubina doesn't have value should see him play more .

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
With a second in the deal instead of a third I would make the deal If I was sure I could find someone to take Jones off our hands or even off waivers.
Well, maybe someone with a tad more knowledge of our draft picks can correct me, but I don't believe we have a 2nd.

I don't know, I can see why TO wouldn't do this, and I can see why they would. I tried to make it realistic from both teams' standpoints, when factoring in cap hits, etc.

It was worth a shot.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamBam View Post
Probably as much as most people on the boards. I am a Bruins fan who happens to live in T.O who just happens to have owned Leaf season tickets since the Gardens. I don't like the Leafs but i do support them and their efforts to turn things around. I go to watch other teams play 35-40 times a year.

Yeah, i think i understand the game and the trade value of players more so than the actually Leaf fans themselves who over rate their players the same way i might do so with my Bruins at times. We need to take off the rose coloured glasses and realise that Kubina was overpaided and brought into T.O for the ring on his finger. He'll be 32 this year and is a #3-4 defenceman at best. Not a PP guy, not worth Lupul and the only thing they will get for him is a low draft pick and the remaining 8 million off the books.

I'll keep trolling....
That's very nice and all, but maybe you should watch hockey more closely. I'm guessing there are 30 GM's who adamantly disagree with your assessment of Kubina. But what do they know?

*shrugs*

Old
01-28-2009, 02:41 PM
dmacin2*

Quote:
Wow! Im sorry that was one of the Dumbest things i have ever read.

You have to be Joking right?

Old
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
He's pretty underrated, IMO... I think he could bring in a decent package at the deadline. Maybe a 2nd and a solid prospect.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Well, maybe someone with a tad more knowledge of our draft picks can correct me, but I don't believe we have a 2nd.

I don't know, I can see why TO wouldn't do this, and I can see why they would. I tried to make it realistic from both teams' standpoints, when factoring in cap hits, etc.

It was worth a shot.
Toronto would probably be willing to wait untill the 2010 draft for the pick if they had too.
The value is definitely there, I just dont like the idea of taking on that kinda salary next season. Like I said if Burkie was somehow sure he could get rid of Jones even on waivers Im all for the deal. But I wouldn't want to be stuck with his salary.

Old
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Lidstrom, Rafaski, Kronwall, Stuart, Chara, Wideman, Hunwick, and Ference all say hello!

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
TimmyVezina

Quote:

It was worth a shot.
They don't have a 2nd if they make it to the Eastern Conf Finals as part of the Prospal trade. Its a 3rd if they don't.

Off Topic, but i would be more worried that Heckert and Reid are going to trade both their 1st Rd picks in the NFL draft this year for three 3rds and a two 4ths in 2010. lol

TimmyVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dmacin2*

He's pretty underrated, IMO... I think he could bring in a decent package at the deadline. Maybe a 2nd and a solid prospect.[/

At most, he would be worth much more as a rental.
Who wants him next year? 5 million could be spent much better in the UFA market.

Old
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:

Who wants a 5 million dollar 2nd pairing defencman (on a week team) next year. With all this economic uncertanty? Atlanta? That would be the end of Don Wadell (finally).

On the flip side he might go for a salary dump,
how about Penner and Staios for Kubina and a 2nd?

That sure was a ugly signing by JFJ
Actually the Kubina signing is way down there on the long list of JFJ's downfall. Behind McCabe, Tucker, Raycroft, Toskala, Blake, Lindros, Allison, Leetch, etc, etc,...plus the lack of trades and signings that turned out good. I don't understand why people harp on Kubina...last year was a bit of an off year because he was being used as a 2nd pairing D behind Kabs and McCabe. Basically every other year, including this one, he's proved that he is a #1 pairing defenseman. In this day and age when your top 2 D-men make 4.25 and 5 million respectively, thats a pretty good bargain.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote