HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Make your offers for...Pavel Kubina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
  #76
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
If he decreases production and value as much as he has in the next year he will be a real eyesore on whichever roster he is on next year.

Still though i dont see him getting anything more than a pick/ prospect
What are you talking about? He had a career high in points last year, and is doing very well so far this year. Think before you type.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
  #77
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
What are you talking about? He had a career high in points last year, and is doing very well so far this year. Think before you type.
Kubina is a good example of someone who gets points because he plays on a lousy team. (Someone has to get em).

My point is, he is not a difference maker. He is certanally not 5 million a year material.
Anyone who does pick him up this year will be trying to dump him in the summer.

I feel bad for leaf fans who are used to everyone in the media, along with other fans on this board overvaluing the leafs mediocre players.

Remember Antropov and a pick for Iginla? Most leaf fans were certain that would land him 5 years ago.

Signing Kubina was a mistake, he makes to much money for non impact player.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:15 PM
  #78
Rios39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mahone Bay, N.S.
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rios39
Points because he plays on a lousy team? That's some of the dumbest logic I've heard in my life.

Pavel Kubina is the definition of a horse, and not only is he a great defencemen defensively, he's shown he'll chip in offensively.

Kubina to Columbus for a 1st and Maxim Mayorov.

Rios39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
  #79
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
Kubina is a good example of someone who gets points because he plays on a lousy team. (Someone has to get em).

My point is, he is not a difference maker. He is certanally not 5 million a year material.
Anyone who does pick him up this year will be trying to dump him in the summer.

I feel bad for leaf fans who are used to everyone in the media, along with other fans on this board overvaluing the leafs mediocre players.

Remember Antropov and a pick for Iginla? Most leaf fans were certain that would land him 5 years ago.

Signing Kubina was a mistake, he makes to much money for non impact player.
Half the people in this thread saying Kaberle is a good Dman aren't even Leaf fans.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
  #80
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rios39 View Post
Points because he plays on a lousy team? That's some of the dumbest logic I've heard in my life.

Pavel Kubina is the definition of a horse, and not only is he a great defencemen defensively, he's shown he'll chip in offensively.

Kubina to Columbus for a 1st and Maxim Mayorov.
If Kubina was on any other team he woudnt get nearly enough ice time.
He gets powerplay time and loads of even strength time. Theres a reason the leafs suck, there players arent that good. He is basically one of the better crappy players. Even really crappy teams score 200 goals. Theres bound to be some mediocre players who cash in on that.

Good thing your not Columbus' GM. You are using the same stupid logic that has killed the Leafs lately. Trading prospects and picks for aging mediocre hasbeens hasnt worked that well for most teams.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
  #81
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Half the people in this thread saying Kaberle is a good Dman aren't even Leaf fans.
SO? Theres alot of idiots out there, people dont take into consideration alot of things like Salary and Capspace.

Honestly If he made 1 mil a year I woudnt be so hard on him.

But in this salary cap era, teams just cant go around trading prospects and picks for over paid players with mediocre skill.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:31 PM
  #82
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,443
vCash: 500
I think Kaberle is getting overrated and Kubina is getting underrated. A team trying to put themselves over the top would prefer Kubs imo. He's got good playoff experience and a ring.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:35 PM
  #83
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
If Kubina was on any other team he woudnt get nearly enough ice time.
He gets powerplay time and loads of even strength time. Theres a reason the leafs suck, there players arent that good. He is basically one of the better crappy players. Even really crappy teams score 200 goals. Theres bound to be some mediocre players who cash in on that.

Good thing your not Columbus' GM. You are using the same stupid logic that has killed the Leafs lately. Trading prospects and picks for aging mediocre hasbeens hasnt worked that well for most teams.
Kubina got his career high in points last season playing most of the season on the second powerplay unit.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
  #84
Monstar50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
If Kubina was on any other team he woudnt get nearly enough ice time.
He gets powerplay time and loads of even strength time. Theres a reason the leafs suck, there players arent that good. He is basically one of the better crappy players. Even really crappy teams score 200 goals. Theres bound to be some mediocre players who cash in on that.
please just stop

Monstar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
  #85
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Kubina got his career high in points last season playing most of the season on the second powerplay unit.
But the leafs suck! They were out of it before the season even started. There games were played with very little intensity and goals were easy to come by on both sides of the ice sometimes.

If a team loses 5-2 and a player gets 2 power play assists on the losing team but is a -2 did he have a good night?

No not really, he padded his stats during a disapointing game for his team.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:47 PM
  #86
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
But the leafs suck! They were out of it before the season even started. There games were played with very little intensity and goals were easy to come by on both sides of the ice sometimes.

If a team loses 5-2 and a player gets 2 power play assists on the losing team but is a -2 did he have a good night?

No not really, he padded his stats during a disapointing game for his team.
Your clueless I give up.
Lecavlair, Boyle and St.Louis must suck too because they were on the worst team in the league last season.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
  #87
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Your clueless I give up.
Lecavlair, Boyle and St.Louis must suck too because they were on the worst team in the league last season.
No those players actually have skill

The truth is, his signing was a mistake and he isnt really that good. It was alot like the Jeff Finger signing. Just Brutal.

But GMs are stupid when they are desperate and the truth is some moron will probly offer a good young player and a first for him. Which will be a mistake, he wont change a good team into a great team. He isnt a difference maker.

He is signed for next year remember. Thats not a good thing in cases like this.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
  #88
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
But the leafs suck! They were out of it before the season even started. There games were played with very little intensity and goals were easy to come by on both sides of the ice sometimes.

If a team loses 5-2 and a player gets 2 power play assists on the losing team but is a -2 did he have a good night?

No not really, he padded his stats during a disapointing game for his team.
He was a plus five last year. That must mean he's really good if the Leafs were that bad, according to your logic.

You can't dig your way out of a hole.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:00 PM
  #89
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
He was a plus five last year. That must mean he's really good if the Leafs were that bad, according to your logic.

You can't dig your way out of a hole.
Whats his +/- this year?

Ive seen him look like a pilon on numerous occasions. You would think that if the leafs players were as good as there useless fans thought they were they would have a much better record. Its not like they are Columbus and Edmonton where they will get better because there best players are young and cheap. Toronto still has so much rebuilding to do because of contracts like Kubina, McCabe, and Blake

What did McCabe get the leafs in a trade? not much.

Even for the sake of argument, lets say Kubina is better than McCabe. (they both stink). How much of a better deal will they get for Kubina? not much.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:00 PM
  #90
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
No those players actually have skill

The truth is, his signing was a mistake and he isnt really that good. It was alot like the Jeff Finger signing. Just Brutal.

But GMs are stupid when they are desperate and the truth is some moron will probly offer a good young player and a first for him. Which will be a mistake, he wont change a good team into a great team. He isnt a difference maker.

He is signed for next year remember. Thats not a good thing in cases like this.
Your argument is That even tho he was a top paring Dman on a cup winning team 5 years ago and a good playoff team 3 years ago his skills have drastically gone down to the point where he wouldn't be a top 4 dman on a bad team even tho his production has gone up. His skills have disappeared and no one but you can see it because he plays well on a bad team.

And you see no flaws in this argument???

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:03 PM
  #91
Monstar50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Your argument is That even tho he was a top paring Dman on a cup winning team 5 years ago and a good playoff team 3 years ago his skills have drastically gone down to the point where he wouldn't be a top 4 dman on a bad team even tho his production has gone up. His skills have disappeared and no one but you can see it because he plays well on a bad team.

And you see no flaws in this argument???
hes obviously a troll. no point in responding to his nonsence

Monstar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:12 PM
  #92
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Your argument is That even tho he was a top paring Dman on a cup winning team 5 years ago and a good playoff team 3 years ago his skills have drastically gone down to the point where he wouldn't be a top 4 dman on a bad team even tho his production has gone up. His skills have disappeared and no one but you can see it because he plays well on a bad team.

And you see no flaws in this argument???

I thought you gave up?

Anyways I will bite. My point from the very beginning is that his salary is outrageous. he is signed for 1 more year and he does not dominate like a 5 million dollar player should. (i know there are alot of other ridicoulos contracts but that doesn't matter, a bad contract is a bad contract regardless)

Noone knows what the salary cap will be like next year. Some reporters have even suggested that it will go down. With most teams being up against the cap and deserving players needing raises, its hard to believe a team going for it this year would deal away a 1st and any possablitly of signing a decent ufa this summer.

Maybe he is not as bad as I make him out to be. I got a little of topic my point is he has very little trade value. Look at Schnieder for example. He has more trade value than Schnieder but not much

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
  #93
Fire Wilson
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
If Kubina was on any other team he woudnt get nearly enough ice time.
He gets powerplay time and loads of even strength time. Theres a reason the leafs suck, there players arent that good. He is basically one of the better crappy players. Even really crappy teams score 200 goals. Theres bound to be some mediocre players who cash in on that.

Good thing your not Columbus' GM. You are using the same stupid logic that has killed the Leafs lately. Trading prospects and picks for aging mediocre hasbeens hasnt worked that well for most teams.
So I'm guessing Dan Boyle sucks because he was a good player on an even worse Tampa team.

Same with Rob Blake on LA?

Your logic is full of assumptions without any other support for your arguments. Try watching a few games before you become an at home scout.

Fire Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
  #94
Leafidelity
Way she goes...
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,067
vCash: 1775
I'm just curious... have you ever watched hockey?

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
  #95
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala View Post
So I'm guessing Dan Boyle sucks because he was a good player on an even worse Tampa team.

Same with Rob Blake on LA?

Your logic is full of assumptions without any other support for your arguments. Try watching a few games before you become an at home scout.

Dan Boyle is a great player and worth his contract whether he is in San Jose or Tampa Bay. Kubina has a ridicoulos contract on any team in the league.

Please dont ever compare Boyle to Kubina again Mr Homer Simpson

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:22 PM
  #96
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,949
vCash: 500
Why don't we just change this section of HF to "Leafs" Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk.... It seems every second post is a Leafs trade proposal... Lets make an official Leafs Trade proposal thread so it can be in one thread instead of dozens of separate threads....

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
  #97
Fire Wilson
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin View Post
Dan Boyle is a great player and worth his contract whether he is in San Jose or Tampa Bay. Kubina has a ridicoulos contract on any team in the league.

Please dont ever compare Boyle to Kubina again Mr Homer Simpson
Did I mention Kubina's name? I'm not comparing Kubina and Boyle.

I made those assumptions because based on your logic, they're true.

Fire Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:27 PM
  #98
Monstar50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Why don't we just change this section of HF to "Leafs" Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk.... It seems every second post is a Leafs trade proposal... Lets make an official Leafs Trade proposal thread so it can be in one thread instead of dozens of separate threads....
as a leaf fan i hate all the horrible proposals by fellow leaf fans. I dont understand why they just dont ask the other leaf fans(on our board) if its good, then propose it

Monstar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:31 PM
  #99
dmacin2*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala View Post
Did I mention Kubina's name? I'm not comparing Kubina and Boyle.

I made those assumptions because based on your logic, they're true.
Never did I say that all players on lousy teams are bad players. In Kubinas case he is clearly getting points because of the lack of depth on the Leafs. Even then his points arent that good, especially for 5 mill.

Thats good your not comparing them, that would almost cause for getting banned for being so ridicoulos. Kubina is NOT an elite NHL player, he is a utility dman with small offensive upside who can hit when he wants too. Brian McCabe hits more often!!

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
  #100
Cappo40*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
After reading this thread I have a few things to say:

-Toronto's players are worth 0 compared to any other hockey player who is signed to an NHL team, according to some of the intelligent people in this thread, because the team is no good. (yet there are worse teams in the NHL then the Leafs)
-They need to stop allowing people in here. Lock the registration process till after the trade deadline.

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.