HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Superbowl XLIII - Pittsburgh vs. Arizona

Old
02-02-2009, 12:15 AM
5H4RK5

vCash: 500
One of the best SB games EVAR. It was down to the wire in the final minutes. Congrats Steelers on your 6th Lombardi. Cardinals you gave them a fight but fell short but you made it a special game. Do they really need a halftime show.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
I can't fathom how people aren't cheering on Arizona. Although, I always am a sucker for underdogs.
Because the Tardinals are in our division and I can't root for them. Didn't root for the Lambs, didn't root for the Seahags, and I didn't root for the Tardinals.

Who cares if Pittsburgh got 6 first? We still have our own dynasty, and our 5-0 record is the best winning percentage.

Records are made to be broken, but it's the broken records that are remembered that are legendary.

... besides, at least Dallas isn't the first to six. If that were the case, I'd have gone nuts!

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:39 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

1.) I HATE that the Steelers got their 6th. Ugh.

2.) We've now had two great Superbowls back-to-back. I have a feeling we'll be doomed to have five consecutive blow outs.

3.) Yeah, the halftime show. Does everyone one now post-Janet Jackson have to be so SAFE? It would be nice to have someone contemporary for a change. I can understand the fear, but it doesn't mean you need to cater to babyboomers (think McCartney, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, and now Bruce). You could go "safe" with a bunch of bands/groups of today: Incubus, Gavin Degraw, Jay-Z, Beyonce, and many many others I could mention who have charted this decade.

4.) Haven't seen all the posts here, but I'd be SHOCKED if the most popular ad was not the teleflora "Talking flowers" ad. Easily the best and funniest ad this Super Bowl, IMHO.

ChompChomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Docter419

Send a message via AIM to Docter419
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H4RK5 View Post
One of the best SB games EVAR. It was down to the wire in the final minutes. Congrats Steelers on your 6th Lombardi. Cardinals you gave them a fight but fell short but you made it a special game. Do they really need a halftime show.
No they really don't, btw Bruce Springsteen is the most overrated musician of all time in my opinion. Just another super safe choice after boob gate.

Docter419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
1.)

4.) Haven't seen all the posts here, but I'd be SHOCKED if the most popular ad was not the teleflora "Talking flowers" ad. Easily the best and funniest ad this Super Bowl, IMHO.
I don't know about the best, but I thought it was the funniest.

"Nobody wants to see you naked"

Personally I liked the Coke-Insects the best. Man did that look awesome in HD!

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:22 AM
PatMacSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docter419 View Post
No they really don't, btw Bruce Springsteen is the most overrated musician of all time in my opinion. Just another super safe choice after boob gate.
Here, Here. People freak out for him and I just don't get it. His music bores the **** out of me.

But great Super Bowl... not alotta good commercials though.

PatMacSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Personally I liked the Coke-Insects the best. Man did that look awesome in HD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPrM6cBnfdA

Definitely not close to looking as good as on my HDTV.
That commercial made me appreciate my HDTV more than I ever did (minus when I just got it). Still, it's too bad that they make ads with glass bottles yet refuse to sell them!

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:29 AM
PatMacSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
Because the Tardinals are in our division and I can't root for them. Didn't root for the Lambs, didn't root for the Seahags, and I didn't root for the Tardinals.

Who cares if Pittsburgh got 6 first? We still have our own dynasty, and our 5-0 record is the best winning percentage.

Records are made to be broken, but it's the broken records that are remembered that are legendary.

... besides, at least Dallas isn't the first to six. If that were the case, I'd have gone nuts!

Thank you. I'm a Niners fan from birth but come on... the Cardinals? ugggghh.

I would say the Steelers are my third favorite team and have won two super bowls in the last four seasons so its not like they aren't a respectable franchise. I would've puked if a team like the Cowboys got to six first but not the Steelers... now the onus is on the 49ers to catch up and regain the glory

PatMacSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Spacemania
Recovering Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docter419 View Post
You try and tell that in the GDT in the Football channel. I felt like I was being tied to the post and burned as a heritic forthat comment!

When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.
Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Docter419

Send a message via AIM to Docter419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
You try and tell that in the GDT in the Football channel. I felt like I was being tied to the post and burned as a heritic forthat comment!
I don't know why, all he ever sings about is how awful it is to lose your union job.

Docter419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:21 AM
rekrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul View Post
As a stiller fan from before the 1st SB can't wait to see em get a shot at the six pack. My head and heart are with a Black and Gold victory, but the head says bet the Cards the game should be closer than 7. In fact Big Ben will probably need another crazy 4th quarter comback again. A lot depends on Ward's ability to make his routes- he is their go to WR on 3rd downs. 27-24 the Burgh but if Arizona wins I can take it, it was more fun seeing them beat the tar out of the Purple Ratbirds last week.

Funny of the hate I see ( not here so much but on most football boards ) for a Org that just is classy, humble and really just knows what they are doing and wins. No TO like Prima donnas', No crumudgen like Bilichek to run up scores, No thugs like ray lewis. Just a hard punishing team that plays solid football and builds through the draft and un noticed FAs. I guess if you want you can hate Steelernation because the winning makes many of us obnoxious bores, fine you all just hate because you are jealous

Not bad just off by a point, good, not great, but very good game. I love the hate for the Burg just cause they win with class.... Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
Joke super bowl. I don't consider that a win for Pittsburgh at all.

I guess it's only reviewable when Tom Brady "doesn't" fumble.
It was reviewed, your statement is a joke, it was an over officiated game and the saftey was a horrible call. Steelers overcame that, bad calls happen. The best team won plain and simple and everyone is going to have to deal with it.....

rekrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Spacemania
Recovering Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Well for some guys in Arizona, they had an awsome super bowl

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,138259

now THAT would be a halftime show!

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Admiral*

Sucks the Cards lost, but the party was ****ing awesome. Monday hangovers aren't a good way to start off the work week though.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
sjsharky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMacSB View Post
Here, Here. People freak out for him and I just don't get it. His music bores the **** out of me.

But great Super Bowl... not alotta good commercials though.
I like bruce, but not a great performance at the super bowl IMO

sjsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul View Post
The best team won plain and simple and everyone is going to have to deal with it.....
Hah. No, the best team didn't win. But officials determine champions in just about every sport.

Lakers-Mavs craziness.
Ohio State-Miami - pass intereference what?
Patriots "tuck rule"
Trojans-Longhorns forward lateral
Trojans-Notre Dame Leinart Push
Immaculate reception - actually an illegal pass at the time
Snow Job game

The list goes on forever. Officials determine winners all the time. It's kinda sad, but a reality of sports.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post
Hah. No, the best team didn't win. But officials determine champions in just about every sport.

Lakers-Mavs craziness.
Ohio State-Miami - pass intereference what?
Patriots "tuck rule"
Trojans-Longhorns forward lateral
Trojans-Notre Dame Leinart Push
Immaculate reception - actually an illegal pass at the time
Snow Job game

The list goes on forever. Officials determine winners all the time. It's kinda sad, but a reality of sports.
Surprised you didn't lead with the Dallas Stars winning the Cup with a violation of the then "in the crease" rule.

Not to mention the Sharks got screwed over by that in Sharks/Stars 98 WCQF Game 5, the infamous "Kerry Frazer screwjob" (or perhaps not so infamous since I seem to be the only one here who even remembers that) in which two Dallas Stars goals should have been disallowed for violating the then in the crease rule. Sharks led 2-1, but the Stars illegitimately got it to 3-2 and won it by that score, and won Game 6 back in SJ to close it out.

ChompChomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Mr Irrelevant

That was a tough, tough loss. The refs were bad but we had the lead with 2 minutes left, what more can you ask for. That hurt, but not as much as it will if the Sharks don't win the Cup this year.

Mr Irrelevant is offline   Reply With Quote