HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dubinsky, Dawes/or/Prucha, Del Zotto/or/Sangs, 1st of 09

Old
01-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
Dubinsky, Dawes/or/Prucha, Del Zotto/or/Sangs, 1st of 09

what would dubinsky + either dawes or prucha, and one of the prized young d-men, + a 1st rounder of 09 get NY?

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:33 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Nylander and Poti

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Ke11y96

I was hoping mike york and malhotra but that'd be asking for too much from columbus

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:33 AM
BrindamoursNose

a small pony

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:49 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
what would dubinsky + either dawes or prucha, and one of the prized young d-men, + a 1st rounder of 09 get NY?
Dubinsky(rfa), Prucha(rfa), Sanguinetti and 1st in 2009 IMO would be fair value for Frolov (2.9M til 09-10) and Johnson(rfa)

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:56 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Nylander and Poti
I was thinking more along the lines of Christian Dube and Boris Mironov.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:04 AM
PeterTheGreat

Thats a pretty good package. That could probably land Bouwmeester, but Im not sure Rangers want more high priced defencemen.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:07 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Dubinsky(rfa), Prucha(rfa), Sanguinetti and 1st in 2009 IMO would be fair value for Frolov (2.9M til 09-10) and Johnson(rfa)
NYR might be able to get Frolov for that package but JJ will not be "thrown in".
Prucha is worth a 3rd at best, Dubinsky is solid, Sanguinetti would be nice but LA has a ton of young D, and the pick is late.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
No. Not even close. You do watch the Kings, right?

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:11 AM
lefty2time*

OMFG..

I absolutley hate it when someone posts "whats the value of" and lists a crap load of decent players and picks from their team JUST so someone mentions some big name player so the poster can feel good and dream.

I see it all the time....I think it started with the Halek Ryder and a 1st lol.

answer to whats the value of bla bla bla OBVIOUSLY A LOT but u'd have to overpay for a big name player. Quantity does not equal quality.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:12 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
I love how he kind of just threw in JJ as a thrown in. That would be a horrible deal for LA.

Old
01-29-2009, 01:14 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
OMFG..

I absolutley hate it when someone posts "whats the value of" and lists a crap load of decent players and picks from their team JUST so someone mentions some big name player so the poster can feel good and dream.

I see it all the time....I think it started with the Halek Ryder and a 1st lol.

answer to whats the value of bla bla bla OBVIOUSLY A LOT but u'd have to overpay for a big name player. Quantity does not equal quality.
No, no, no, it`s Ryder, Halak and a 2nd. A first would be way too much to give for the superstar they`d be getting.

Old
01-29-2009, 01:16 AM
lefty2time*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
No, no, no, it`s Ryder, Halak and a 2nd. A first would be way too much to give for the superstar they`d be getting.
lol yaa that sounds right...kinda rolls off the tongue

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:21 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Yes about 70-75 a year! Frolov is our leading goal scorer and with the poor goal scoring seasons from Kopitar and Sully it does appear to be odd to move him. But this does have the salary Cap in mind. Frolov will be UFA after next season and its expected the cap will go down for the 2010-11 season. LA will be hard pressed to get him signed for the kind of money he will command. Dubinsky at 22 fits in with LA's core of Kopitar 22, Sully 24 and Brown 24. I would rather see LA go after Gaborik this summer or Kovalchuk or Nash next summer than sign Frolov to an extension for a couple million less. Those three are game breakers and Frolov, who I really like, is not.

Maybe its because Doughty has been looking so very good that Johnson seems expendable but I have yet to be impressed with his play. Yes injuries have hurt but I would not be suprised to see him be moved. Rumours of him to Pitt for Letang and pick have been circulating.

Prucha has 22 and 30 goal seasons in the NHL and would look good in LA's top 6. He is small but battles hard. He like Frolov is 26 so he is still able to contribute for years to come.

Old
01-29-2009, 01:27 AM
SFKingshomer

I think Dubinsky would be a good 2nd line center for LA because he's better than the 2 overpaid 3rd line centers they have now.

Old
01-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Too soon to say Kaberle?

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:43 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
I think Dubinsky would be a good 2nd line center for LA because he's better than the 2 overpaid 3rd line centers they have now.
I watch alot of NYR games because my brother is a fan and Dubinsky is a solid #2 center. He actually is quite deceptive with his long stick and often looks out of control handling the puck only to deke around defenders.

IMO LA will be hard pressed to really compete for the Cup without a true sniper. I can see Kopitar, Sully,Brown and Moller as all 30 goal guys but this team needs a Gaborik, Nash or Kovy. With Z signing in Detroit for a cap hit of 6M I can see teams tightening up due to the expected dip in Cap after next season.

Old
01-29-2009, 01:48 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
I watch alot of NYR games because my brother is a fan and Dubinsky is a solid #2 center. He actually is quite deceptive with his long stick and often looks out of control handling the puck only to deke around defenders.

IMO LA will be hard pressed to really compete for the Cup without a true sniper. I can see Kopitar, Sully,Brown and Moller as all 30 goal guys but this team needs a Gaborik, Nash or Kovy. With Z signing in Detroit for a cap hit of 6M I can see teams tightening up due to the expected dip in Cap after next season.
I think they need a legit 2nd line center who can create because it will take pressure off the Kopitar line. Stoll and Handzus are fine 3rd line centers but they aren't real creative offensively.

Old
01-29-2009, 02:00 AM
northernKing

Quote:
I think they need a legit 2nd line center who can create because it will take pressure off the Kopitar line. Stoll and Handzus are fine 3rd line centers but they aren't real creative offensively.
Totally agree!! Handzus,Stoll and Simmonds should and would be a very good shut down line. Two top face off guys and a banger like Simmonds would be great. When healthy maybe move Sully between Frolov and Moller and have Kopitar center Brown and Calder/Purcell/Lewis.

Old
01-29-2009, 05:22 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
I wouldn't trade Dubinsky and Sanguinetti for Bouwmeester. Bouwmeester is a good defenseman. He's not a game changer. He also like Rosival has long stretches where he is clueless.

The Rangers don't need any young defenseman in trades. They already have Girardi and Staal. Next year they might have Sauer and Sanguinetti joining the team though I think it will be Sauer and Potter. Sanguinetti getting one more year in the minors.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 05:25 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
NYR might be able to get Frolov for that package but JJ will not be "thrown in".
Prucha is worth a 3rd at best, Dubinsky is solid, Sanguinetti would be nice but LA has a ton of young D, and the pick is late.
LMAO. I'm not sure I would trade Dubinsky for Frolov. Dubinsky is a winning player. He's tough, big, hits, plays defense, is excellent on faceoffs and if his offense matures to a 50+ point level, he'll be a lot better player all around then Frolov. Frolov to me is a good scoring forward. That's it. Nothing more. He's soft for his size as well.

Old
01-29-2009, 05:26 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Amen!

Sniper's are complementary players. I mean isn't that why we got rid of Cammy? Too much money, and one dimensional?

Now if you're talking a wing like Iginla who brings a whole lot more, then the story's a little different, a little. However, the most sucessful forumla I've seen to winning a Stanley Cup has been two centers down the middle, and a number one d man and a goalie that can steal games night in an night out. Net out, down the middle. That's how I'd do it.

Quote:
Totally agree!! Handzus,Stoll and Simmonds should and would be a very good shut down line. Two top face off guys and a banger like Simmonds would be great. When healthy maybe move Sully between Frolov and Moller and have Kopitar center Brown and Calder/Purcell/Lewis.

One of those guys has to go realistically. Hopefully we'll add either Kane or Schenn let them develop another year in junior, and then trade Handzus at the deadline next year before he hits UFA.

Obviously we try to keep Fro but if push comes to shove and we're forced to move him, there's no way in hell we throw in Johnson. He's looked really good so far and hopefully, he's only going to get better...making the future a tough decision "Who do we keep Johnson or Doughty? Or both?"

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 05:32 AM
trademasterb*

People have to remember that Dubinsky is 4 years young than Frolov and he's already better defensively, on faceoffs and with physical play.

Old
01-29-2009, 06:38 AM
John Belushi

vCash: 50
Taylor Pyatt for Petr Prucha.

Pyatt joins the organization that his little brother belongs to, Prucha suits up for a squad that lacks any real finishing ability. Could be be part of an effective 2nd line with Wellwood and Sundin.

Sedin-Sedin-Demitra
Wellwood-Sundin-Prucha
Burrows-Kesler-Bernier
Hordichuk-Johnson-Hansen

Pyatt could slide in along Scott Gomez and Nikolai Zherdev and provide a screen in front of the net.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:13 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belushi View Post
Taylor Pyatt for Petr Prucha.

Pyatt joins the organization that his little brother belongs to, Prucha suits up for a squad that lacks any real finishing ability. Could be be part of an effective 2nd line with Wellwood and Sundin.

Sedin-Sedin-Demitra
Wellwood-Sundin-Prucha
Burrows-Kesler-Bernier
Hordichuk-Johnson-Hansen

Pyatt could slide in along Scott Gomez and Nikolai Zherdev and provide a screen in front of the net.
That's fine but you have to take Voros back in the deal as well. Money needs to even out. Essentially Pyatt would take the role of Voros. The Rangers have too many forwards and not enough roster spots.