HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh - Toronto

Old
01-30-2009, 08:44 AM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Grant + 2nd for Poni is normal enough value, but Antropov is worth much more than Pesonen + 3rd. I think thats why people ripped you the first time.
maybe change Pesonen to Goligoski and down grade the picks slightly,maybe even make it so that if Antropov doesn't sign we get a pick back of Toronto. Pesonen has very little or no value around the league right now and he definitely isn't a Burke Kind of Player.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:53 AM
grabo84

Yeah, there's no way in a million years that Burke would trade for him. Caputi's another story, I think he'd draw a lot of interest from Burke.

I'm surprised that pens fans are so willing to trade Goligoski, but he'd obviously be appealing to the Leafs, especially if some D get moved.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:59 AM
wej20

In an ideal world Pens would keep Gogo but if we want wingers we going to have to move an offensive defenseman or Staal,Staal is going to held on to for at least another season,so that leaves dmen which basically comes down to Whitney or Goligoski, Whitney has already proved a lot and has size(even though he is soff),locked up on a nice contract so that means Goligoski has to gogo,We aren't going to be able to role 4 offensive dmen next year unless Letang or Whitney drastically improve there defense.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

I dont think Peso has no value but do understand maybe no value to others. I know they would like to get a forward back from one of the players going the other way and Goligoski is not a forward. Caputi would be off limits unless they over paid.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:42 AM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Yeah, there's no way in a million years that Burke would trade for him. Caputi's another story, I think he'd draw a lot of interest from Burke.

I'm surprised that pens fans are so willing to trade Goligoski, but he'd obviously be appealing to the Leafs, especially if some D get moved.
Like wej20 said, the Pens have an abundance of offensive defenseman so if we want to get a winger it makes sense to move him. It just depends on which Pens fan you are talking to as to which defenseman they are willing to give you haha

AgentM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
JTG

I've seen worse, but what it really comes down to is the Pens current prospect pool, or lack there of. We can't be looking to get rid of any more picks or prospects. The well is running dry in a hurry.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
There's no way that Pittsburgh will trade their two top prospect for Ponikarovsky !!!

Btw. Isn't Zabotel leading WHL in scoring this year ??
Watch a few games before you stare at his stats, he sucks and he isn't all that special. He's how old and still hasn't worked on his skating??

I would offer CPZ + Dupuis for Poni. If I were to propose a trade, I think that would be fine, might as well dump that chump off while he still has some kind of value.

Steve Ott once scoed 50 goals in 55 games in juniors...that means how much? WATCH THE GUY PLAY FIRST.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
I've seen worse, but what it really comes down to is the Pens current prospect pool, or lack there of. We can't be looking to get rid of any more picks or prospects. The well is running dry in a hurry.
Whom ever we were to get, more than likely we will end up sending Boucher and Eaton for picks when Gonchar is back. Hell send Satan for a pick to.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote