HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

pens/avs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2009, 05:06 PM
  #1
djavan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,170
vCash: 500
pens/avs

ryan whitney to avs for milan hejduk?

djavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:23 PM
  #2
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AZ & PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djavan View Post
ryan whitney to avs for milan hejduk?
lmao.... no thanks.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:23 PM
  #3
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 15,973
vCash: 500
Pens will get better for Whits. The Duke is great but he's only got 1 year left and is on the wrong side of 30.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
  #4
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I think the Pens would rather get Wolski for Whitney...

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
  #5
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 500
I rather get Letang than Whitney.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
  #6
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions
 
Dragon Priest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metalheaven
Country: United States
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
I really hope the Pens don't move Letang, I think after the Allstar break and his 2 goal game against the Rangers a couple nights ago will gain him confidence. With the original post, It is tempting. But I don't think I am willing to deal Whitney who is young and still progressing for and aging Hejduk with 1 year left on his current deal with the Avs, but is playing very well. Maybe if some more pieces are added in I would favor it more. More youth to the Pens, Salary dump to Colorado?

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
  #7
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
We don't want old wingers near the end of their primes, unless they are just stop-gaps signed through FA.

Not giving up our likely future number one defenseman for an aging player like Hejduk.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:53 PM
  #8
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,759
vCash: 500
Letang is pretty much off limits, and Hejduk is not in the target age Shero would target if he was trading someone like Whitney.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:06 PM
  #9
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I think the Pens would rather get Wolski for Whitney...
I don't know how many times us Avs fans have to tell the rest of the league you are not getting Wolski unless there is severe overpayment. Whitney is not what I consider a drastic overpayment. There are just certain players on each roster that you just don't trade, unless you are getting way over paid...Wolski is one of those players for the Avs. Sorry.

Hejduk for Whitney is not a horrible trade, Hejduk would probably be rejuvenated because he'll get to play with Crosby or Malkin. Thats what Hejduk has been missing the last couple years... a superstar center to set him up. With his goal scoring ability he could net 35-45 with either Crosby or Malkin. Plus think of it this way Hejduk>>>>any other Pittsburgh winger.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:19 PM
  #10
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I don't know how many times us Avs fans have to tell the rest of the league you are not getting Wolski unless there is severe overpayment.
I'm sure the same can be said about Whitney.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM
  #11
Avoid Lloyd
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Harmony P.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djavan View Post
ryan whitney to avs for milan hejduk?
Maybe

Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:28 PM
  #12
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
Done!

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:13 PM
  #13
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I'm sure the same can be said about Whitney.
Great. Keep him.

In fact, the less Avs proposals on this board the better. Enough with the Hejduk to Penguins rumors already...

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:30 PM
  #14
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,290
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Pass

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
  #15
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
Great. Keep him.

In fact, the less Avs proposals on this board the better. Enough with the Hejduk to Penguins rumors already...
2nded. Seriously, Hejduk almost has Sakic status. He's done great things for the Avalanche, loves the area, and will have his number retired in due time...and he's been one of the most consistent wingers in the last decade. A team would have to grossly overpay for him.

So, unless Ray Shero accidentally drinks bleach and offers up Crosby, it's safe to say Hejduk is never going to the Penguins, or any where else for that matter.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:52 PM
  #16
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
I dont understand. Pens fans are always griping about getting a good winger for Crosby. Here is a deal where you get him. I know that his contract has only 1 year left, and thats understandable, but saying youd rather get Wolski, or that Hejduk is too old is just getting greedy.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:03 PM
  #17
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
2nded. Seriously, Hejduk almost has Sakic status. He's done great things for the Avalanche, loves the area, and will have his number retired in due time...and he's been one of the most consistent wingers in the last decade. A team would have to grossly overpay for him.

So, unless Ray Shero accidentally drinks bleach and offers up Crosby, it's safe to say Hejduk is never going to the Penguins, or any where else for that matter.
Hejduk and Joe Sakic should never be uttered in the same breath.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:05 PM
  #18
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Hejduk and Joe Sakic should never be uttered in the same breath.
I meant Sakic status as far how respected he is in the Colorado franchise.

Not Sakic status as in people looking back at Hejduk as one of the all time greats, like Sakic is.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:05 PM
  #19
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
I dont understand. Pens fans are always griping about getting a good winger for Crosby. Here is a deal where you get him. I know that his contract has only 1 year left, and thats understandable, but saying youd rather get Wolski, or that Hejduk is too old is just getting greedy.
Pens want a good young winger for Crosby. Young being the magical word. We are looking to trade young promising talent for young promising talent. Not such for a winger who is on the wrong side of 30.

And whoever wants Svatos over Hejduk needs to quit commenting on the Pens personel needs.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:07 PM
  #20
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
So who are youre top 3 young wingers that you would like to get, and what are you going to give?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:29 PM
  #21
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,675
vCash: 500
On the other side of things I dont like this from an Avs point of view with their defense making so much money.

What if it was Hejduk and Liles for Whitney and something? Liles is relatively young (26) signed for 4 years at a decent price and can provide some offensive punch.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:42 PM
  #22
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
On the other side of things I dont like this from an Avs point of view with their defense making so much money.

What if it was Hejduk and Liles for Whitney and something? Liles is relatively young (26) signed for 4 years at a decent price and can provide some offensive punch.
Unless Letang or Staal is coming back along with Whitney, we're not trading Liles and Hejduk. Way too much to give up.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 12:00 AM
  #23
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Unless Letang or Staal is coming back along with Whitney, we're not trading Liles and Hejduk. Way too much to give up.
Obviously the deal has to be good for both sides, I didnt say trade Hejduk + Liles for Whitney + a pile of junk

But having a defense corps of

Whitney (4) - Hannan (4.5)
Foote (3) - Liles (4.25)
Salei (3) - Clark (3.5)

with a 7th guy you're looking at ~23M for one of the worst defensive corps in the league. Not to mention I would hope the Avs keep Leopold. Moving Duke straight up for a defenseman probably isnt the wisest choice going into next year.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 01:48 AM
  #24
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Obviously the deal has to be good for both sides, I didnt say trade Hejduk + Liles for Whitney + a pile of junk

But having a defense corps of

Whitney (4) - Hannan (4.5)
Foote (3) - Liles (4.25)
Salei (3) - Clark (3.5)

with a 7th guy you're looking at ~23M for one of the worst defensive corps in the league. Not to mention I would hope the Avs keep Leopold. Moving Duke straight up for a defenseman probably isnt the wisest choice going into next year.
Obviously acquiring a defenceman is contingent upon the Avs unloading either Salei or Clark, or possibly both.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.