HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

TRADE: Fritsche to Wild for D Erik Reitz

Old
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
squishy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Quote:
"I don't really know why I didn't get a chance there," he said, "but that's not what I'm concerned about now. I've moved on"
Dan needs to stop complaining.He makes nearly $1 million per.He will be lucky if Minnesota gives him a QO of 105% this summer.
To be fair, Fritsche's statement isn't a complaint, it's a response to a question. Whether you think he deserved one or not, the truth is he never really did get a chance here. He was a good soldier and kept his mouth shut while he was here; you can't blame the guy for expressing happiness over getting out of a crappy situation.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Do the reporters which cover the Rangers do any work besides covering the games?

I love reading Risebrough's quote about the Rangers looking for help on defense.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
To be fair, Fritsche's statement isn't a complaint, it's a response to a question. Whether you think he deserved one or not, the truth is he never really did get a chance here. He was a good soldier and kept his mouth shut while he was here; you can't blame the guy for expressing happiness over getting out of a crappy situation.
True but he does make nearly $1 million this season.The comment from the first story.Praying?Was it that bad?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:38 PM
NYR Viper

From one of those last quotes its interesting to see that it wasnt that he wasnt a solid defenseman, it was that he wasnt a "puck-mover" and didnt fit in with Minny. I can honestly say that the Rangers have enough "puck-movers" with girardi, rozsival, staal, kalinin and redden and I would love to see if this guy would work better in the "5-in-the-picture" defensive scheme Renney emphasizes as his physical play could work wonders for this team.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
squishy

Quote:
True but he does make nearly $1 million this season.The comment from the first story.Praying?Was it that bad?
If you worked your entire life towards the goal of playing in the NHL and then, through little fault of your own, lost the opportunity to do so, wouldn't you be hoping and praying for something to change?

Edit to add: And yes, he made $850,000 this year. But that's not going to set him up for life, and without a chance to play, his chance of convincing someone to pay him that -- or anything -- next year were slim.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Dan needs to stop complaining.He makes nearly $1 million per.He will be lucky if Minnesota gives him a QO of 105% this summer.

http://www.twincities.com/wild/ci_11...nclick_check=1
he's gone. Who cares what he says on the way out. At least he didn't say that a week ago.

01-29-2009, 11:13 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Wow, epic trade

Fritsche served no purpose here..he never stood out or did anything that noticeable...granted he didn't play much, but I'm not upset at all about seeing him go. Reitz will fit in nicely to Hartford and as an injury replacement for a few games if needed.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:19 PM
AXN

Fritsche was used very little but wanted more than Reitz. He is not even a regular NHL defenseman. He is better than Potter? They are very similiar in style and both right handers. Not a good trade.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Wow, epic trade
Break out the bubbly. The Cup is ours!

seriously though, I was never a fan of Dan. he just never stood out to me and some nights seemed like he had trouble skating let alone handling the puck. best of luck, you wont be missed.

on the other hand, always nice to have another Dman that wants to throw the body even if he "lacks mobility and coordination"

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:00 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

How could anyone say Fritsche is complaining??? The guy is stating exactly what happened. He did not get a fair shot. I'm glad he's excited and it shows the type of emotion he has for this game. He wants to play.

Someone commented on how he cant keep his balance...PUH-LEEZE. The guy sat out the majority of the season and basically just traveled with the team...what did you expect? Its just like a backup goaltender being cold sometimes because they dont play constantly. Fritsche wasnt playing at all so he was rusty when he got out there.

And no one should have expected more for fritsche. For one, he went through waivers where anyone could've picked him up, its not like his salary was enormous. And secondly, again, he did not play so how could we ask for more for a player that no one got to see most of the season. The Rangers had no leverage because other GMs like Riseborough (or however you spell it) knew the rangers were in no position to ask for anything

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'm sick of hearing that Fritsche didn't get a fair shot. It was a crowded training camp to be a forward for the Rangers. He had his chance in pre-season and camp to stand out, he didn't. After that he still saw playing time, and not playing time on the 4th line, he saw time on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Didn't stand out, in fact he pulled what many would calla "Dawes" and was quite "invisible" in a lot of games, especially his last game as a Ranger...on the 2nd line..

So not only was he the same kind of player that most of the wingers are on this team already, guys that aren't that physical, north american players or at least that style, that get hot and cold, will max out at 25 goals, etc. He was the odd man out.

I'm interested in why it is that the consensus here is Fritsche did not get a fair shot, but Patrick Rissmiller did. No one was up in arms when he got waived..and what'd he play, about 4 games as a Ranger?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:18 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
IMO if it was just the fact that he didn't get a "fair chance" here, and there is the kind of potential you all claim there to be, there's absolutely no reason he would've passed through waivers.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Ola

I don't know if its correct to say that Fritsche didn't get a chance -- he never had a shot, so I guess he were given a chance and then didn't take it.

I had high hopes on Fritsche, many raw abilitys were there -- but he simply got zero hockeysense. I think he should be really lucky that he wasn't HFD bound right after camp. I seriously think that both Weise and Byers outplayed him in camp...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:17 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Message to Dan, you didn't get a real shot because you never showed the skills to deserve it, and when you were in the lineup, didn't show grit, or speed with the puck and you were a liability on the ice moreso than other Rangers.

I like this trade, bring in the 7th dman to shake up the top 6 guys playing D.

Larry Brooks also makes a suggestion about calling up Artem to give him a look at center with Zherdev and Moving Dubi to LW. For the first time in my life I am agreeing with him, Artem needs to get some NHL time and what better way than putting him with Z the dangler and letting Dubi be more of a grinder and shooter instead of a playmaker. Plus with Dubi's last two goals coming off the left side of the goal it could be a good move to make.

This of course would move Voros who was invsibile during the Pitt game back to the minors, he still lacks speed and looks tired most of the time, he needs better conditioning to complete his package. I can see voros getting a 10 game stint in hardford so we can call Artem up.

So the real question is, who will be the first dman to watch from the press box?

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
GarretJoseph

Ok, So I finally watched some games with this guy playing in. He HITS like a MOFO. Runs all over the ice hitting. Didn't notice him much other than that because he wasn't on the ice much. One of the games I watched was against the Ducks and I counted at least 7 hits and they are a tough hitting team my friends.

I'm starting to like this move.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:45 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Ok, So I finally watched some games with this guy playing in. He HITS like a MOFO. Runs all over the ice hitting. Didn't notice him much other than that because he wasn't on the ice much. One of the games I watched was against the Ducks and I counted at least 7 hits and they are a tough hitting team my friends.

I'm starting to like this move.
I was doing the same, this was a very nice move.

If by some miracle Slats admits his mistake and uses this guy to temporarily take Redden's spot in the line up, and we trade Kalinin, this team will be set for Dcorps right to the cup.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
Message to Dan, you didn't get a real shot because you never showed the skills to deserve it, and when you were in the lineup, didn't show grit, or speed with the puck and you were a liability on the ice moreso than other Rangers.

I like this trade, bring in the 7th dman to shake up the top 6 guys playing D.

Larry Brooks also makes a suggestion about calling up Artem to give him a look at center with Zherdev and Moving Dubi to LW. For the first time in my life I am agreeing with him, Artem needs to get some NHL time and what better way than putting him with Z the dangler and letting Dubi be more of a grinder and shooter instead of a playmaker. Plus with Dubi's last two goals coming off the left side of the goal it could be a good move to make.

This of course would move Voros who was invsibile during the Pitt game back to the minors, he still lacks speed and looks tired most of the time, he needs better conditioning to complete his package. I can see voros getting a 10 game stint in hardford so we can call Artem up.

So the real question is, who will be the first dman to watch from the press box?
At this point I would be cool with simply moving Prucha's salary and letting the poor guy play elsewhere and bringing Anisimov up to see what he can do.............I know you don't want to rush him but he seems go be dominating the AHL now

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Were we forced to take Fritsche in the mix with Zherdev?

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:52 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Were we forced to take Fritsche in the mix with Zherdev?
People say different things.

But I believe the reports were showing that we first offerred backman for Fritche and then they asked for tyutin and we said zherdev.

The trade wasn't done seperately it was backman and tyutin for fritche and zherdev.

Old
01-30-2009, 09:53 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
At this point I would be cool with simply moving Prucha's salary and letting the poor guy play elsewhere and bringing Anisimov up to see what he can do.............I know you don't want to rush him but he seems go be dominating the AHL now
To move Prucha , he would need more playing time to show other teams what he has.

I also think Renney actually likes having prucha around...he's a good sub when needed.

Old
01-30-2009, 10:16 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
To move Prucha , he would need more playing time to show other teams what he has.

I also think Renney actually likes having prucha around...he's a good sub when needed.
He's played in over 30 games at more than 12 minutes a night. That should be enough for other teams to know what he's got.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'm sick of hearing that Fritsche didn't get a fair shot. It was a crowded training camp to be a forward for the Rangers. He had his chance in pre-season and camp to stand out, he didn't. After that he still saw playing time, and not playing time on the 4th line, he saw time on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Didn't stand out, in fact he pulled what many would calla "Dawes" and was quite "invisible" in a lot of games, especially his last game as a Ranger...on the 2nd line..

So not only was he the same kind of player that most of the wingers are on this team already, guys that aren't that physical, north american players or at least that style, that get hot and cold, will max out at 25 goals, etc. He was the odd man out.

I'm interested in why it is that the consensus here is Fritsche did not get a fair shot, but Patrick Rissmiller did. No one was up in arms when he got waived..and what'd he play, about 4 games as a Ranger?
What has Voros done since that first week or two to continue getting shots over Fritsche?

Fritsche is no big loss, but I don't see the point of playing a scrub like Voros over a guy with speed and who has scored goals in this league before.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He's played in over 30 games at more than 12 minutes a night. That should be enough for other teams to know what he's got.
It's also enough for teams to say he's not worth $1.6M...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

I can't believe people are actually mad at Fritsche for being happy he was dealt. If I was traded to an organization only to spend most of the season in the press box, I'd be pretty glad to get out of that spot too.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I can't believe people are actually mad at Fritsche for being happy he was dealt. If I was traded to an organization only to spend most of the season in the press box, I'd be pretty glad to get out of that spot too.
yup... especially being benched in favor of Voros who just might be the most useless player in the NHL, on a team that has scoring problems.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote