Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Adam Larsson Hype Thread

Old
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
zecke26

vCash: 500
The Adam Larsson Hype Thread

larsson was recalled by skelleftea and is playing his 1st pro game at the moment.

since hedman is old news and we always live in the future, we definately need to hype larsson now.
1st overall in 2011 is the goal!

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:34 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
It'll happen! But he's not playing tonight, he's just sitting on the bench.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
zecke26

not even a single shift.

maybe next game.

Old
01-30-2009, 08:19 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
I don't think so. Adam will probably not play a single minute this season, there hasn't been any indication that he will do so, unless even more defencemen gets injured on the team and they are forced to put him in. If he would play he would break the record of "youngest hockeyplayer to ever play in Elitserien" which MSP has, I think. He's young.

Old
01-30-2009, 08:39 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkageNoKeri View Post
I don't think so. Adam will probably not play a single minute this season, there hasn't been any indication that he will do so, unless even more defencemen gets injured on the team and they are forced to put him in. If he would play he would break the record of "youngest hockeyplayer to ever play in Elitserien" which MSP has, I think. He's young.
i hope for a few shifts. i mean, if he's dressed like yesterday and the game is already decided, he could get a shift or two.

Old
01-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Rediscoveryx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i hope for a few shifts. i mean, if he's dressed like yesterday and the game is already decided, he could get a shift or two.
Yes, that's his chance. Next year he'll probably be playing regularly in the SEL. Coach Särkijärvi has commented favourably on him on many occassions after practice sessions with the senior team.

It will be very interesting to see his development. At the moment he's got clear potential to go as number one in 2011.

Rediscoveryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Särkijärvi "solved" his defensive problems by playing Fredrik Krekula as a d-man. Tim Erixson got benched...

Seiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza View Post
Sдrkijдrvi "solved" his defensive problems by playing Fredrik Krekula as a d-man. Tim Erixson got benched...
Yeah, heard about that. Embarassing. "He has much to learn".

Krekula making turnovers doesn't bother him it seems.

Another great thing is the addition of Atvars Tribuncov. How many times will I return to SEL? How many times would I cry?

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:56 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza View Post
Särkijärvi "solved" his defensive problems by playing Fredrik Krekula as a d-man. Tim Erixson got benched...
Hihi, same Krekula that made a tape to tape pass to Niklas Andersson who then could flip it over to Tomi Kallio coming in the zone with speed and snipe it top shelf? Good decision by Särkijärvi

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

What are you talking about? Krekula has been one of the best d-men on the team since he got put in that position. He might have ****ed it up in the last game in one instance but he's been solid. And Tim erixon do have alot to learn, and in many many instances he's just too small and slow to act.

Old
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Hihi, same Krekula that made a tape to tape pass to Niklas Andersson who then could flip it over to Tomi Kallio coming in the zone with speed and snipe it top shelf? Good decision by Särkijärvi
This just proves that you dont know what you're talking about.
Krekula has been outstanding as d-man. You've seen one mistake. Apart from that he's been awesome. Putting Krekula as d-man when the team suffered from many d-man injuries was an excellent move by Sarkijarvi.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Rediscoveryx

I also agree that Krekula has been playing very well as a defender (even better than he did as a forward), but I don't really see the connection to Adam Larsson...

...who by the way played for Skellefteå's J18 team against Modo yesterday and managed a whopping 1+4 in the process. Not bad for a defender playing against one year older players.

Rediscoveryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
This just proves that you dont know what you're talking about.
Krekula has been outstanding as d-man. You've seen one mistake. Apart from that he's been awesome. Putting Krekula as d-man when the team suffered from many d-man injuries was an excellent move by Sarkijarvi.
It was a sarcastic remark, not my opinion of Särkijärvi as a coach. I actually think he is the best coach in the SEL, he's done some good work with both DIF and SAIK. Krekula has definitely not looked out of place, but his mistake that lead to Frölunda winning was probably due to it not being his natural position. It's a shame that youngsters who deserves a chance gets benched in the process, with Tribuncovs in the roster Krekula should have been moved back to the wing IMO.

Old
05-15-2009, 11:33 AM
romelson

Adam Larsson signed a 3-year SEL contract with Skellefteå today.

Old
05-15-2009, 01:09 PM
KRM

Quote:
Adam Larsson signed a 3-year SEL contract with Skellefteå today.
Will be interesting to see if he can fill Krekula's shoes.

Old
06-02-2009, 06:09 AM
romelson

It would have been interesting to know the size of Adam Larssons' dad when he was drafted back in 1988, but I dont know if such info is available.
He's listed at Eliteprospects at a weight of 92kg, but I know he was listed at 100kg during the last years of his career.

Old
06-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Bash3r

I've met with a guy that has played with Adam and played against Hedman and he says that Adam is without a doubt more dominant.
But the dude was drinking beer so i don't if it's true or not but it says alot what his teammates think of him.

Bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Jonathan Toews

i'd like to hear more about him i read about him in the hockey news and hes HUGE for his age.

Jonathan Toews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 04:29 PM
romelson

Adam Larsson was chosen to the J20 national team camp in july. He's by far the youngest player of the squad.

Btw, his weight is up, now 92kg/203Lbs, according to a note in local newspaper.

Old
06-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Garl

Quote:
Adam Larsson was chosen to the J20 national team camp in july. He's by far the youngest player of the squad.

Btw, his weight is up, now 92kg/203Lbs, according to a note in local newspaper.
Landeskog is on the squad aswell.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:26 PM
romelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Landeskog is on the squad aswell.
Hmm, you are right, I looked at the squad at Swehockey.se and now Landeskog is on the squad. I looked at it two days ago and I dont recall seeing Landeskog on the squad. Also, on Hockeymagasinet.com's report on the squad, Landeskog is not listed. I wouldnt be surprised if the squad has changed after it was first published. At least Adam Larsson said in an interview that he found out he was given a roster spot by reading about it in the news, not through officials. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if these young rockets make it the JWC.

Old
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
wings5

Quote:
Hmm, you are right, I looked at the squad at Swehockey.se and now Landeskog is on the squad. I looked at it two days ago and I dont recall seeing Landeskog on the squad. Also, on Hockeymagasinet.com's report on the squad, Landeskog is not listed. I wouldnt be surprised if the squad has changed after it was first published. At least Adam Larsson said in an interview that he found out he was given a roster spot by reading about it in the news, not through officials. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if these young rockets make it the JWC.
Link to squad?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 04:40 AM
romelson

Here's a link. Do NOT put any trust in the height/weight figures in this list. They're quite out of date.

http://www.swehockey.se/files/%7B296...CFFF26B%7D.pdf

Old
06-19-2009, 04:00 PM
wings5

Quote:
Here's a link. Do NOT put any trust in the height/weight figures in this list. They're quite out of date.

http://www.swehockey.se/files/%7B296...CFFF26B%7D.pdf
Thanks, are they rosters that small? How do they get a good analysis on other players, and where are the goalies?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 04:15 PM
romelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Thanks, are they rosters that small? How do they get a good analysis on other players, and where are the goalies?
Along with this camp, there's a goalie camp at the same location, with 10 goalie prospects born 90-93. I think I read somewhere that at the end of the camp the team was going play one or two games against some north american team that happens to be in Sweden. The goalies will be picked from that group.

The rosters are usually this size, maybe even a little bigger this time, than usual. But players are not the same in all J20 national team gatherings through the year, new players do get tested for sure. For instance, it's not surprising seeing Fallstrom & Wallen in this squad because this occasion is likely the only occasion it will be possible to try them out in the national team before JWC, since they play in north american teams. I'd be surprised if those two make to the final roster. Anyway, this is getting quite off-topic....