HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR-NYI trade

Old
01-29-2009, 05:38 AM
trademasterb*

vCash: 500
NYR-NYI trade

The days of thinking a deal between these two teams won't happen is over. Honestly, there really is no rivarly any longer because the Islanders stink so bad. It's sad. We need the Islanders to be good. It makes the season so much more fun.

That being said, the Islanders have a player I think would fit perfectly for the Rangers. Trent Hunter. I think he's such a good fit I'd be willing to overpay some.

I would offer Potter, Voros, Prucha and a second round pick for Hunter.

I think that is overpayment but he would be a perfect fit. The Islanders can get three players that can play on their roster right now and would be upgrades for them. Potter can play in the NHL now. Only reason he doesn't is because Sather signed Kalinin like a dope and took his roster spot. Voros could fit on their 4th line. Prucha can get some real ice time and get back to being a 20 goal guy. The second is a key for them. They can continue to rebuild with draft picks.

Pock is horrible. Getting Potter gives them a pretty nice, young mature defenseman who will allow them to trade Witt to a team who believes he is a missing piece. Getting back two NHL forwards in Voros and Prucha allows them to deal Guerin to a team looking for a missing piece.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:08 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
The days of thinking a deal between these two teams won't happen is over. Honestly, there really is no rivarly any longer because the Islanders stink so bad. It's sad. We need the Islanders to be good. It makes the season so much more fun.

That being said, the Islanders have a player I think would fit perfectly for the Rangers. Trent Hunter. I think he's such a good fit I'd be willing to overpay some.

I would offer Potter, Voros, Prucha and a second round pick for Hunter.

I think that is overpayment but he would be a perfect fit. The Islanders can get three players that can play on their roster right now and would be upgrades for them. Potter can play in the NHL now. Only reason he doesn't is because Sather signed Kalinin like a dope and took his roster spot. Voros could fit on their 4th line. Prucha can get some real ice time and get back to being a 20 goal guy. The second is a key for them. They can continue to rebuild with draft picks.

Pock is horrible. Getting Potter gives them a pretty nice, young mature defenseman who will allow them to trade Witt to a team who believes he is a missing piece. Getting back two NHL forwards in Voros and Prucha allows them to deal Guerin to a team looking for a missing piece.

The Islanders would laugh at that

Prucha and Voros have no value and are overpaid so essentially its Potter and a 2nd which isnt enough.

Imo its a horrible trade that would never happen as the Isles and Rangers arent going to be trading together

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Sneekypete

survey says :XXX
Hunter is the most under paid player of his type in the league and it would take a lot more to get the next probably Isles Captain.I can assure you that if the Rangers wanted him you would have to overpay a lot more , just because of the hated dormant rivalry that is present

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:24 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

you picked pretty much as close to a untouchable as you can

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:37 AM
BJo

I stopped reading after "there is pretty much no rivalry."

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:10 AM
trademasterb*

There is no rivarly. In order to have one, the other team has to be competitive. The Islanders aren't. The rivarly with the Devils was non existent when the Rangers stunk for 8 years in a row.

As far as the Islanders laughing about that proposal. Let's hope your GM isn't as clueless as you are. However, judging by your teams record and moves this year, he most likely is. Calling Hunter close to an untouchable might be the dumbest thing posted on this board. Hunter has 11 G and 14 A. I don't think he's ever scored 30 goals in his career. He would be a nice fit for the Rangers. However, he's not a huge NHL player. He's not even one of the better wings in the game. He's solid. That's it.

Islander fans crack me up. It's like you don't even watch your own team. You have guys playing on defense for you right now that aren't even good AHL players. Potter could whip half your defenseman with his eyes closed. You have forwards that aren't even good AHL forwards. So, you have a chance to get 3 players who would upgrade your current roster plus a second round pick and you think that's unfair? You must be on smoke. You are seriously mistaken if you think you will find another team that will give you 3 NHL players and a second round pick for Hunter.

It's obvious your Rangers hatred has prevented you from being objective.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:10 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
The Islanders would laugh at that

Prucha and Voros have no value and are overpaid so essentially its Potter and a 2nd which isnt enough.

Imo its a horrible trade that would never happen as the Isles and Rangers arent going to be trading together
Prucha and Voros are A LOT better than about 6 of the scrubs the Islanders use at forward. Open your eyes dude.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Prucha and Voros are A LOT better than about 6 of the scrubs your team uses at forward. Open your eyes dude.
Huh? Prucha and Voros are A LOT better than about 6 of the scrubs the Rangers use at forward? Does that make any sense?

Did the name "rangersfan30" not tip you off at least a little?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Prucha and Voros are A LOT better than about 6 of the scrubs your team uses at forward. Open your eyes dude.
Maybe you should open YOUR eyes. He's a Ranger fan. Note the Rangersfan segment of his username.

This is a terrible deal for the Islanders. You don't understand the value of Hunter to their team at all, and as usual, completely overvalue the garbage on the Rangers roster.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:16 AM
trademasterb*

My fellow Rangers fans seem to think every player who isn't putting up 60+ points is useless. First they ripped Drury. Then they ripped Gomez. Then they moved to Dawes. Then they moved to Dubinsky. They are never happy.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:19 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
My fellow Rangers fans seem to think every player who isn't putting up 60+ points is useless. First they ripped Drury. Then they ripped Gomez. Then they moved to Dawes. Then they moved to Dubinsky. They are never happy.
Weren't YOU the one who started the thread about getting rid of Betts on the Rangers board? Wasn't that a thread about 5-6 pages long with maybe one or two posts that agreed with you, and a whole hell of a lot more that didn't?

According to you, Ranger fans are wrong for being upset with the obvious under achievement of Gomez and Drury, but yet you're unhappy with Blair Betts, one of the most underrated players in the league. Makes sense.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:24 AM
trademasterb*

I obviously didn't realize that the Islanders fans thought Hunter was some sort of great wing. I can now see how they would turn down a second round pick and 3 NHL players who would upgrade their roster. Not to mention give them more flexibility to trade players like Guerin, Weight and Witt.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:46 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
I stopped reading after "there is pretty much no rivalry."
yup, absolutely. This has to be another joke trade proposal like all the Leafs fan propose.

Last edited by IslesFanatic: 01-29-2009 at 11:02 AM.
IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:46 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
I obviously didn't realize that the Islanders fans thought Hunter was some sort of great wing. I can now see how they would turn down a second round pick and 3 NHL players who would upgrade their roster. Not to mention give them more flexibility to trade players like Guerin, Weight and Witt.
1st of all -Hunter signed to a cheaper longterm contract to remain on the Island,as said before most likely hes our next capt ( if you watched our games youd know that)

2nd - Do you really think Dolan or Wang would let a trade happen between our franchises? Its a business where we compete in the same tri state area market... kinda like Sony vs Microsoft...no rival would even fanthom the idea of helping another business rival.

3rd of all - The trade makes no sense for the Isles point of view, i can see Comrie or Witt or Weight out the door alot quicker than Hunter.

01-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Hunter's price/performance ratio is simply far too important to the Islanders.

We love this guy and management does too.

He's part of the solution, not the problem.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:58 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Hunter's price/performance ratio is simply far too important to the Islanders.

We love this guy and management does too.

He's part of the solution, not the problem.
/Thread

DaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
You have a very very short memory my friend.

And you are in the minority as a ranger fan hoping the islanders move.
It's funny because the Isles have won the majority of games from 06-08.

This deal, btw, could be one of the worst proposed ones I've ever seen. Dumping erveryone the Rags don't want for one of our better forwards. Right.

Want Hunter? Start with Korpikoski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Oh yeah cause the Icelanders have beaten up on the Rangers a lot the past few seasons!

Maybe when they move to KC or Hamilton or Vegas.
Real mature, buddy. You're the coolest person I know.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:40 AM
OpAck

Quote:
There is no rivarly. In order to have one, the other team has to be competitive. The Islanders aren't. The rivarly with the Devils was non existent when the Rangers stunk for 8 years in a row.
Some of the most heated and most intense battles between these two teams were when one or both teams were not competitive. We saw it throughout the late 90's and early 2000's. I can even recall seasons when the Isles were good and the Rangers weren't (exs 1992-93, 2001-02)...we saw some of the best, most intense hockey. You had McCarthy/Cairns and Fleury/Islanders in 2002. I think Yashin even fought Kloucek that season. That was intense hockey both on the scoresheet and in the penalty box. Sure, the rivalry does seem to be in hibernation at the moment, but the reason isn't solely because the Islanders aren't very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb
As far as the Islanders laughing about that proposal. Let's hope your GM isn't as clueless as you are. However, judging by your teams record and moves this year, he most likely is. Calling Hunter close to an untouchable might be the dumbest thing posted on this board. Hunter has 11 G and 14 A. I don't think he's ever scored 30 goals in his career. He would be a nice fit for the Rangers. However, he's not a huge NHL player. He's not even one of the better wings in the game. He's solid. That's it.
Soooo, based on his 25 points and not scoring 30 goals in a season...he's not an untouchable player? That's damn silly if you think that. Trent is extremely valuable to this team and he's locked under a team friendly contract. If the Isles are blown away by an offer, then, yeah, I think they would consider giving up Trent. But your 3 players and a pick make very little sense for the Isles. Not to mention...a trade of that caliber has never happened between these two teams and likely will never. Hunter is an impact player for the Isles...he consistently leads the team in hits every year and is a leader. Well more valuable than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb
Islander fans crack me up. It's like you don't even watch your ow.n team. You have guys playing on defense for you right now that aren't even good AHL players. Potter could whip half your defenseman with his eyes closed. You have forwards that aren't even good AHL forwards. So, you have a chance to get 3 players who would upgrade your current roster plus a second round pick and you think that's unfair? You must be on smoke. You are seriously mistaken if you think you will find another team that will give you 3 NHL players and a second round pick for Hunter.

Nice insults.

But again...your proposal doesn't work for the Isles. The Isles would much rather keep a heart and soul player like Hunter and dip into Bridgeport to give roster spots to their own prospects...not trade Hunter and fill in gaps with a few Rangers leftovers. And yes, I said Rangers leftovers because Prucha and Voros find themselves in a press box often and well Potter is promising, but has only one professional season under his belt.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:42 AM
DPSNAGS

Quote:
potter is a 7th defenseman on the nyr and mayb a 6th defenseman but not a regular yet....vors and prucha are being healthy scracthes for your own team so why would we take your garbage for a underpaid invavluable forward for the isles and their future

DPSNAGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Okposofan21

this thread can't be serious. if any ranger fan thinks the Islanders are trading Trent Hunter to them, they must be joking.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:08 AM
isles20*

Quote:

Islander fans crack me up. It's like you don't even watch your own team. You have guys playing on defense for you right now that aren't even good AHL players. Potter could whip half your defenseman with his eyes closed. You have forwards that aren't even good AHL forwards. So, you have a chance to get 3 players who would upgrade your current roster plus a second round pick and you think that's unfair? You must be on smoke. You are seriously mistaken if you think you will find another team that will give you 3 NHL players and a second round pick for Hunter.

Who says that? What are you 5?

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Eagle20

Quote:
Yeah, I just assumed he was an Islander fan because I figured one of our own fans couldn't be that stupid. My bad
See your the type of fan that is disliked not only by other fan bases but your own. Not only do you mock others by offering up pathetic proposals like the one this thread is based on you presume to be more of a hockey intelligence b/c your a Ranger fan. Even tho there IS STILL A RIVALRY between teams there is a mutual respect that is maintained between both fan bases. Yes we blast the Rangers and yes Ranger fans blast the Islanders but to call an entire fan base stupid is obsurd and unwarranted.

If anything you look to be the least intelligent hockey fan posting in this thread yet still try to justify your **** proposal with ill faded insults and attacks at people who offer opinions as to why the deal is crap.

BTW 3 fringe NHL'ers on a team filled with fringe NHLers and a 2nd round pick (which btw the islanders have plenty of already) for a player, who may not score much but also is surrounded by players who dont really amplify his game, that loves the Island, is a physical presence everytime he steps onto the ice, and leads through example and voice is a bad deal

you speak of hunters ineptitude in the scoring department, but what has Prucha or Voros done this season and past seasons to make them such an upgrade? Prucha has 6 points in 21 games and has been a healthy scratch .... voros has 15 points in 43. Combined they dont have the offensive production that Hunter has (mind you playing with the "scrubs" on our team do you really think Voros and Prucha will come out of there shell and become top 6 or 3rd line material). Potter has played 2 NHL games, yet hes better then the "scrubs" on our blueline...hmmmmm overvalued much. If he shows that much potential in two games why dont you keep him and replace one of your bottom 6 with him and then theres that ever present HF 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal.....

Eagle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:31 AM
BJo

Since when does a rivalry depend on both team's being competitive? Ohio State/Michigan will be a rivalry no matter what the state of their respective programs. Perhaps the rivalry is better, but its certainly still a rivalry

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:32 AM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
there really is no rivarly any longer because the Islanders stink so bad. It's sad.
Look, I'm going to assume that you're new at this whole "communication" thing, so I'll give you a hint. If you're trying to start some constructive dialog between two groups of people, it's generally not a good idea to insult one of those groups in your opening statement. Just a heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
this is also the guy who probably runs around trying to convince people that brian leetch was better than denis potvin.
Well, duh!! I mean "Potvin sucks"

Right?

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Prucha and Voros are A LOT better than about 6 of the scrubs the Islanders use at forward. Open your eyes dude.

My eyes are wide open

Teams Can get players of the same standard as these 2 for a lot less salary than they make.

Prucha $1.6m
Voros $1m

Why would the Islanders want to lose someone who could be there next captain? for junk. its you that needs to open your eyes.

Dude

Last edited by z1co80: 01-29-2009 at 10:06 AM.
z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote