HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What would your Habs 'shakeup' be?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
  #101
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Make Halak our number one goalie, for the moment. Atleast the team was trying when he was in the nets.


Is it too late to send Price down to AHL for conditioning stint? I wonder why didnt they, after missing so much time.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:05 AM
  #102
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Quite the opposite...I think the coach is a big part of it. He's trying to coach a skilled team to play like a defensive trapping team instead of using their strengths.
I really have no idea what you're talking about. Our fowards always get cought creating turnovers while forechecking and our defenseman while pinching.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:06 AM
  #103
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 500
I don't know what's going on, teams not working hard and this has been the case for most of the season at times.


I would like to see a shake up of the lines.

Lats Koivu A.Kosty
Pac Lang Kovy
Higgins Pleks S.Kosty or D'Ago
Begin Lappy Kostopo

Also I'd put Halak in on Saturday, Price on Sunday. Hope O'B plays on Sunday.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:06 AM
  #104
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,493
vCash: 400
my shakeup would be trading plekanec, higgins, subban, obyrne and picks and whatever else it takes to florida for jaybo and horton.


That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:08 AM
  #105
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Ok, so lets trade Kovy while he still has a little value, and BG will you please get off your St Hubert chicken'd fat ass and make some kind of move. Carbo's game plan is not working with these guys.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:11 AM
  #106
Booky
 
Booky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Higgins-Koivu-A.kost
Lats-Lappy-Kovy
Pacioretty-Lang-D'ago
Begin-Pleks-Kostopoulos

Markov-Komo
Hammer-OB
Bouillon-Gorges

Halak
Price

Against the kings...

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:15 AM
  #107
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That will only happen if Gainey is also fired,and if he doesn't do anything in the next couple of weeks and I mean something big,I might join the hate Gainey bandwagon
You do that. You and your 4-5 friends who think that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Quite the opposite...I think the coach is a big part of it. He's trying to coach a skilled team to play like a defensive trapping team instead of using their strengths.
I truly appreciate your posts, but I think that you're way off on this one. Just look at Carbonneau's record as a head coach. The guy has learned from some of the best coaches in the business. Do you remember Scotty Bowman? It was defense first even with very, very skilled teams. Our guys have all of the freedom to be creative offensively (Tanguay even said that earlier this season), but they must come back and help in their own zone, be responsible defensively. There's nothing wrong with that.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:15 AM
  #108
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Maybe if one or two players were being lazy. But the entire team? Clearly they are not responding to him.
As I said, the problem is deeper than that. Plekanec is not lazy, he just don't have what it takes to be effective against tight checking. Same for Sergei. Andrei would have what it takes but he prefers to play a cute game. Kovalev forgets to skate, or even show up most games (he did that all his career, why would it change now?). Then Lang, Tanguay...we have a team made of PP specialists.

When you make a team with those kind of players, don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

And how many playoff teams in the league have a worst best player than Kovalev? (Or is it Lang?)

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:16 AM
  #109
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Make Halak our number one goalie, for the moment. Atleast the team was trying when he was in the nets.


Is it too late to send Price down to AHL for conditioning stint? I wonder why didnt they, after missing so much time.


I don't know what else to add to this smilie.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
  #110
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That will only happen if Gainey is also fired,and if he doesn't do anything in the next couple of weeks and I mean something big,I might join the hate Gainey bandwagon




All of these Sum up what were are all thinking in response to your silly post have a nice day

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:46 AM
  #111
Caekslap
 
Caekslap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Emettiel
Country: Canada
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
I'd have a simple practise session: Team vs Team. A game.

- I would get every Big Tough guy we have in Cincinatti and Hamilton put them on one team and 12 canadiens on the other.
- Put Price in the tough guys' net.

Objective:

Tough guys' : hit habs as much as possible and try to take away puck. (disregard scoring)
Habs: try to score on Price.

This should enchance our toughness and puck control.

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
  #112
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,277
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caekslap View Post
I'd have a simple practise session: Team vs Team. A game.

- I would get every Big Tough guy we have in Cincinatti and Hamilton put them on one team and 12 canadiens on the other.
- Put Price in the tough guys' net.

Objective:

Tough guys' : hit habs as much as possible and try to take away puck. (disregard scoring)
Habs: try to score on Price.

This should enchance our toughness and puck control.
They'd all skip practice.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:55 AM
  #113
7th Player
Registered User
 
7th Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
I'd honestly wait till the trade deadline or around the deadline!

If we're still in 4th to 6th place, I'd go after a rental type player who can seriously help our chances in the playoffs.

If this team falls apart and is like in 7th spot or lower, I'd seriously consider trading all our impending UFA's.
Imagine the return, that is AT LEAST 5 1st round picks if not better.
And then in the offseason, Gainey tries to finally bring a star player to Montreal but will fail as always!

But for now, there is no major shakup needed really, just a slap in the face!
The team needs to wake the ******* up!

EDIT: As for lines

Higgins - Plekanec - AK46
Pacioretty - Lang - Kovalev
Tanguay / SK74 - Koivu - D'agostini
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos / Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges
Brisebois

PRICE (It can't be all on him)
Halak

But that will never happen, right carbo !


Last edited by 7th Player: 01-30-2009 at 10:01 AM.
7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:57 AM
  #114
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,277
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
I'd honestly wait till the trade deadline or around the deadline!

If we're still in 4th to 6th place, I'd go after a rental type player who can seriously help our chances in the playoffs.

If this team falls apart and is like in 7th spot or lower, I'd seriously consider trading all our impending UFA's.
Imagine the return, that is AT LEAST 5 1st round picks if not better.
And then in the offseason, Gainey tries to finally bring a star player to Montreal but will fail as always!

But for now, there is no major shakup needed really, just a slap in the face!
The team needs to wake the ******* up!
I'd prefer not to compromise our young talent for a team that has literally 5% chance of winning the cup. And that 5% chance is that Price steals us every game in the play-offs.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:22 AM
  #115
Corgidequebec
Registered User
 
Corgidequebec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Bad Player Choices, Offensive D Problems, and No Heart

3 Problems for the Habs that are at the center of why this team won't go deep:

Bad Choices by Charbonneau:
I think Guy is a good coach, but his player choices are terrible. Brisebois in every game? Weber up for 5 games and playing in 1? Max sits in Florida? O'Bryne back up?
Maxwell up for an extended period? Denis backing up Halak and getting no time?

Offensive D not keeping the puck in:
The key to offensive pressure is the D keeping the puck in at the points. Markov is the only existing Habs D-man that can do this. Everyone else at the points lets the puck come out then circles back to restart the play. Souray could keep the puck in. Streit could keep the puck in. Guess what, Weber can keep the puck in.

No Heart:
I want to love Kovy I really do, but he plays for himself. Always has always will. He is not the guy to lead the Habs to a cup. Period. The Kostitsyn brothers, COME ON Lazy as they come, soft and disinterested. Kovalev was on a cup winning team in New York because he had Mark Messier on his back, who do the Kostitsyn brothers have? Give me Shanahan over Kovy any day of the week.

Corgidequebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
  #116
Corgidequebec
Registered User
 
Corgidequebec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post

I couldn't find a slap emote. So.....this.. will have to do.


So guys just don't see the Ice eh yarfangor. Go hold Kovy's hand and tell him how good he is.

Corgidequebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
  #117
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgidequebec View Post
3 Problems for the Habs that are at the center of why this team won't go deep:

Bad Choices by Charbonneau:
I think Guy is a good coach, but his player choices are terrible. Brisebois in every game? Weber up for 5 games and playing in 1? Max sits in Florida? O'Bryne back up?
Maxwell up for an extended period? Denis backing up Halak and getting no time?

Offensive D not keeping the puck in:
The key to offensive pressure is the D keeping the puck in at the points. Markov is the only existing Habs D-man that can do this. Everyone else at the points lets the puck come out then circles back to restart the play. Souray could keep the puck in. Streit could keep the puck in. Guess what, Weber can keep the puck in.

No Heart:
I want to love Kovy I really do, but he plays for himself. Always has always will. He is not the guy to lead the Habs to a cup. Period. The Kostitsyn brothers, COME ON Lazy as they come, soft and disinterested. Kovalev was on a cup winning team in New York because he had Mark Messier on his back, who do the Kostitsyn brothers have? Give me Shanahan over Kovy any day of the week.
Why another thread on this ? It's already being discussed in other ones...

Anyway, stopped reading after the bolded part...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:29 AM
  #118
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They'd all skip practice.
or maybe they would just skip some rope.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
  #119
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,277
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
or maybe they would just skip some rope.
Practicing their curtsies.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
  #120
Corgidequebec
Registered User
 
Corgidequebec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
After a game like yesterday, I'm sure Gainey and Carbo feel like sitting or trading just about everyone.

Sitting players...

Who's Carbo going to sit? For the forwards, some don't deserve to be sat (The Lapierre line) while others, fair or not, will not be sat (Koivu, Kovy, Lang). So there remains the Kost brothers, Plek, MaxPac and D'Ago, Bégin and Higgins. Sergei is an easy target and Andrei has been horrible for the past few games. I'm not sure a benching will jump start them. MaxPac, D'Ago and Bégin are easy targets but aren't gamebreakers. Higgins has struggled but will not get better without playing. Plek played ok yesterday and I really wonder how he'd react to a two or three game benching.

For the Ds, it's a little easier because so many have been horrible. Gorges has been horrible. Bouillon has been horrible. Hammer has been horrible. Brisebois is old and broken. There is no toughness on the blue line. Even Komi was playing like a girl yesterday. O'Byrne at least has the potential to play tough. Never mind Weber, a softie, call up someone like Henry to rock and roll a bit, someone with heart.

Trades...

How badly in value have players like Plek, Higgins, Halak, the brothers and O'Byrne slipped this year? They are our trade commodities and they're playing like crap... It seems our biggest trade assets are in junior or the NCAA. Why would Florida want Plek and company when they're really not playing well at all? Why would Tampa trade their star for our throw aways. I love Andrei K. when he's on his game but man has he sucked lately. What's his trade value? Or his brother's? O'Byrne? He's sitting and a 38 year old broken defenseman is higher on the depth chart... not much value there!
Exactly right on the trades. Are we the worst "good team" in the league?

Corgidequebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM
  #121
Caekslap
 
Caekslap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Emettiel
Country: Canada
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They'd all skip practice.
3. If you don't attend, your wife gets ***** by Laraque.

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
  #122
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgidequebec View Post
Exactly right on the trades. Are we the worst "good team" in the league?
I believe so

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
  #123
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caekslap View Post
3. If you don't attend, your wife gets ***** by Laraque.
He'd throw out his back and just sit around smiling like a doofus claiming that "It's against the code"

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
  #124
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,634
vCash: 500
Deal S.Kostitsyn, Plekanec and whatever else for Jay Bouwmeester.

Latendresse - Lapierre - A.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Lang - Kovalev
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Kostopoulos - Begin - Laraque
**D'Agostini

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Bouwmeester
Gorges - O'Byrne
**Bouillon, Brisebois

Price/Halak

POWER PLAY UNITS:
Lang - Latendresse - Kovalev // Markov - Bouweemster
Tanguay - Koivu - A.Kostitsyn // Hamrlik - Gorges

PK UNITS:
Begin/Kostopoulos
Higgins/Lapierre
Kovalev/Lang
Koivu/Tanguay


Last edited by #57: 01-30-2009 at 11:02 AM.
#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
  #125
Caekslap
 
Caekslap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Emettiel
Country: Canada
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
He'd throw out his back and just sit around smiling like a doofus claiming that "It's against the code"
We should let Laraque sit on the bench and eat gazelles.

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.