HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Alexander Frolov

Old
01-29-2009, 11:23 PM
D3ADLY

vCash: 500
Alexander Frolov

wondering what value does Frolov have.. he has one season left before ufa at 4mil.. i know he's consider to be a sniper but realistically what should his price tag be or his trade value be..

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

He's not a sniper but he's as complete a forward as the Kings have had in the last 15 years.

Here's a little secret: it's well-known throughout the Kings' smarter circle of fans that Frolov will probably not be re-signed for a few reasons. The biggest of which is potential cap trouble when Johnson and Doughty's entry contracts are up this year and the season after next. The Kings' lack a lethal scorer, which could be picked up through free agency, therefore, a player of Frolov's caliber will probably be suited elsewhere where his talents & exploits could be used to their maximum potential.

In short, if Alex is traded, I'd expect it to happen at draft day with the return being something like a top grade forward prospect, a 1st and a high pick in a later draft.

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
His value is much higher than what people around here will think they can get him for, one of the most under appreciated guys in the league probably because of where he is playing that he gets no exposure. Put this guy in a bigger market and people would love talking him up all over the place. Just my opinion

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
ilikeblocks

He's Zetterberg-lite, playing on a schizophrenic team. I love the guy, I just want him to get out.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:02 AM
lefty2time*

If I were Gillis, I'd offer Hansen, Schnieder, 1st

Frolov + 3rd

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:07 AM
lefty2time*

oh n/m I take that back

for some reason I thought he was having a ppg season....but 56 points isnt really 'improving'. I'd offer less than I just posted

Old
01-30-2009, 12:13 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
His puck possession game is the best on the team, and top-5 in the league

It's a mystery why he doesn't post more points than he does

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:14 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Cammy on draft day got what? a 1st? 2 1sts? cant remember

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
If I were Gillis, I'd offer Hansen, Schnieder, 1st

Frolov + 3rd
And if I were Lombardi, I'd laugh at that offer.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
northernKing

The key will be this summers UFA signings. Cammalleri and Gionta are just two guys who should determine what Frolov gets as an UFA in 2010. Cammalleri is about as one dimensional as they come. He is a pure offensive player with a snipers touch but not elite numbers. IMO Frolov should be paid more as he is a very well rounded player and solid PK. He can play anywhere in the top 3 lines and still contribute to team success. As a Kings fan I would much rather LA land a game breaker like Hossa, Gaborik or Nash for a cap hit around $7-7.5 than Frolov at $5M.

Don't get me wrong Frolov is a solid player but not just a star. He IMO falls in the Sedin category of a well rounded player that is just a bit off of elite superstar status.
LA would probably get more by dealing him this year as a team would get him for two playoff runs before UFA status. He would fit well with the Sedins, Malkin and probably put up similiar numbers in a defense first system like Minnesota to name a few teams. The move would allow Lombardi to free up FA dollars and add picks and prospects to the system.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:25 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post

Probably because by the time he finishes cycling in the corner he's too tired to shoot! That and he has always had an unwillingness to shoot on the rush.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Scottkmlps

I can see Frolov taking a discount to stay with the Kings like Brown, and to an extent, Kopitar did.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:32 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsin2010 View Post
wondering what value does Frolov have.. he has one season left before ufa at 4mil.. i know he's consider to be a sniper but realistically what should his price tag be or his trade value be..
His salary next season is $4 mil, but his cap hit is $2.9 mil.

Whether or not the Kings trade him is going to depend on what he wants in his new contract. This summer is going to be interesting around the league with the belief that the cap should be ok next season but drop off for 2010-11. I don't know how that's going to impact this summer's UFA market.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:32 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
oh n/m I take that back

for some reason I thought he was having a ppg season....but 56 points isnt really 'improving'. I'd offer less than I just posted
ur wayy off... he can fetch a better deal if dealt.. and if he signs as free agent, could go up to 5.5 mil..saying that his price tag should be 4.5mil-5mil..

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:03 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsin2010 View Post
ur wayy off... he can fetch a better deal if dealt.. and if he signs as free agent, could go up to 5.5 mil..saying that his price tag should be 4.5mil-5mil..
I like Frolov but I'm all for trading the guy. What kings need are more speed and toughness without sacrificing offense if possible. We have too many guys like Frolov (Kopi, Handzus, Boyle and Purcell) who are pretty good size but play a soft game and are on the slow side.

HYORI 1963 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:13 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

well i'm not good in figuring trades out...but i would love to see him on ottawas second line

KAPOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:35 AM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I like Frolov but I'm all for trading the guy. What kings need are more speed and toughness without sacrificing offense if possible. We have too many guys like Frolov (Kopi, Handzus, Boyle and Purcell) who are pretty good size but play a soft game and are on the slow side.
Kings goal scoring woes (28th overall) would be even worse if they traded Frolov (I doubt they get a 35 goal scorer back). Kings offense would be beer league level.

zeppelin97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Frolov is a fan favorite, a class act, and just about the nicest guy on the team. He has elite puck possession skills, goal-scoring ability, a good pass, and a smart two way game. He can play on both pp and pk and he excels along the boards.

I can see him taking a discount to stay in LA, but it all matters on Dean Lombardi. He already has a map lying somewhere detailing exactly how his salary structure will look over the next like 4 years... Nobody knows if Frolov is on that list or not, but he has been a boarder-line player when being referred to as part of the "core."

His worth to LA is pretty high and would at least see a high first round pick + assets or a package for an elite player in the mix. He is LA's most complete player in their rebuild, and as of right now, doesn't look like to be going anywhere. Only time will tell, but I personally would put money on Frolov signing an extension with LA either very early or very late next season.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:34 AM
dabeechman

We should have more of these discussions. Frolov with 2 points tonight.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:39 AM
mrhockey193195

As a Rangers fan, I'd be willing to build a package starting with Bobby Sanguinetti to try and get Frolov. Dunno who else would need to be added, but I'd prefer not to give up Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Grachev (along with the obvious guys like Lundqvist and Staal).

Dunno if that leaves anybody that LA would want though.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
I hate to say this, but:

We've got enough centers, and with Anisimov likely making the team next year.. as well as possibly Grachev....

Having this guy control the puck all night with Zherdev would be worth pulling the trigger IF he signs to a longer deal, and then the Rangers would be willing to part with:

Brandon Dubinsky.

Hate trading the kid, but, gotta give to get, and Im liking Callahan more these days.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
As a Rangers fan, I'd be willing to build a package starting with Bobby Sanguinetti to try and get Frolov. Dunno who else would need to be added, but I'd prefer not to give up Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Grachev (along with the obvious guys like Lundqvist and Staal).

Dunno if that leaves anybody that LA would want though.
Absolutely not.

Sangs, if he pans out, as well as DZ, turns all of this into the puck possession squad its SUPPOSED to be.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:44 AM
lefty2time*

Hansen is a great young forward with grit and scoring potential how is NHL ready...and has shown the ability to actually contribute...

Schnieder is a TOP end goalie prospect...maybe a year away from NHL status...i think that those two combined with a 1st is fair value for Frolov...cmon he's on pace for 53 points.. i think he throws 1.2 or 1.3 hits per game...his takeaways isnt anything special..and while he isnt a liability in his own zone..he isnt amazing in that regard.

I dont think L.A is going to get a young forward similar to him...you dont trade young offensive players for other young offensive players.(or why trade in the first place)

You either get youth who havnt proven as much or you get a vet...and i think L.A would be leaning toward the youth direction. Players that are maybe a step away from being NHL ready.

Old
01-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post

well throughout his career he has mainly stayed on the second line and thats not where he belongs if he has the oppurtunity on the first line for the whole season he will be a 30 or possibily 40+ goal scorer(he will do 40 goals if he is having an amazing season) also he needs to shoot more i think he has the best shooting percentage on the team, the only reason people do not know him as a sniper anymore is because he tends not to shoot as often and instead he will posess the puck long enough that he will be defended by two players and make room for an open man giving him the pass and creating a scoring chance thats his technique

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:07 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist View Post
well throughout his career he has mainly stayed on the second line and thats not where he belongs if he has the oppurtunity on the first line for the whole season he will be a 30 or possibily 40+ goal scorer(he will do 40 goals if he is having an amazing season) also he needs to shoot more i think he has the best shooting percentage on the team, the only reason people do not know him as a sniper anymore is because he tends not to shoot as often and instead he will posess the puck long enough that he will be defended by two players and make room for an open man giving him the pass and creating a scoring chance thats his technique
He really doesn't snipe, at least anymore. He's definetly more of a puck holding player

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote