HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Frolov

Old
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
LAX attack*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I would be so pissed off if the Kings let him become a UFA or traded him for crap mentioned in this thread

He does all the things that our team needs.... and apparently he likes the city....

What more can we ask??? Who are we going to get better than him

Guys like Kovalchuk and Nash aren't available for sale at the Kings beck and call...

Moreover, when it comes to the playoffs, Frolov is gonna be the guy that spearheads and Kings run. His grinding, puck possession style of game is what blooms during the playoffs.

Frolov is our best forward, yet people talk about him not fitting in and all that. It's just plain stupid.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
I would be so pissed off if the Kings let him become a UFA or traded him for crap mentioned in this thread

He does all the things that our team needs.... and apparently he likes the city....

What more can we ask??? Who are we going to get better than him

Guys like Kovalchuk and Nash aren't available for sale at the Kings beck and call...

Moreover, when it comes to the playoffs, Frolov is gonna be the guy that spearheads and Kings run. His grinding, puck possession style of game is what blooms during the playoffs.

Frolov is our best forward, yet people talk about him not fitting in and all that. It's just plain stupid.
I don't think its a matter of him not fitting in rather how he has been used in LA recently. Until the last week or two he has never really played with Kopitar. Most of his time in LA has been on the 2nd line much like Robitaille in his career. Robitaille played with guys like Elik, Taylor and an aging Kurri most of the time while Sandstrom and Granato rode shotgun with Gretzky. Frolov is a very talented player and I would love to see him sign an extension once the CBA allows it. However he does have alot of trade value and options should be explored.

A deal like Frolov and Johnson for Staal and Letang/1st rd pick seems like it could help both teams.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:18 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I don't think its a matter of him not fitting in rather how he has been used in LA recently. Until the last week or two he has never really played with Kopitar. Most of his time in LA has been on the 2nd line much like Robitaille in his career. Robitaille played with guys like Elik, Taylor and an aging Kurri most of the time while Sandstrom and Granato rode shotgun with Gretzky. Frolov is a very talented player and I would love to see him sign an extension once the CBA allows it. However he does have alot of trade value and options should be explored.

A deal like Frolov and Johnson for Staal and Letang/1st rd pick seems like it could help both teams.
Not really

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:23 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
He's not a sniper but he's as complete a forward as the Kings have had in the last 15 years.

Here's a little secret: it's well-known throughout the Kings' smarter circle of fans that Frolov will probably not be re-signed for a few reasons.

In short, if Alex is traded, I'd expect it to happen at draft day with the return being something like a top grade forward prospect, a 1st and a high pick in a later draft.
Agree completely. I would love to keep Frolov but I don't think we will be able to resign him on the steal of a deal he is on now. That means his contract would butt heads with the contracts of our most important youngsters currently on the team or in development. Plus, he is really the only player outside of Kopi, Brown, and MAYBE O'Sullivan that would justify a team to trade their sniper to the Kings.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Kingjordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
Agree completely. I would love to keep Frolov but I don't think we will be able to resign him on the steal of a deal he is on now. That means his contract would butt heads with the contracts of our most important youngsters currently on the team or in development. Plus, he is really the only player outside of Kopi, Brown, and MAYBE O'Sullivan that would justify a team to trade their sniper to the Kings.

I would rather Keep Frolov and deal Sully....I think Frolov is so undervalued.. he has done everything asked of by the Kings

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:28 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Not really
Who do you think this deal favors?

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:28 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Really? Johnson is better than Letang, and fits in much better in the Kings defense than Letang would. We have a ton of offensive defensemen, we need to keep our bruising guys like JMFJ. The other option, the 1st round pick, is from the Penguins and therefore will be a high pick which also makes it not worth Johnson.

Plus, Frolov is much more proven than Staal and could be used to get a player of higher firepower than Staal to help the Kings anemic offense. Staal is solid defensively as is Frolov, but Frolov is better offensively, so this makes this trade pointless for the Kings.

Old
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
I would rather Keep Frolov and deal Sully....I think Frolov is so undervalued.. he has done everything asked of by the Kings
This is a real toss-up for me. Sully hasn't proved himself to be an elite scoring threat yet, but plays well with Brown and Kopitar. Frolov on the other hand scores consistently but his contract will be much more of a problem than Sully's will be. I think that Sully could really explode offensively if left on the Brown-Kopitar line for a season or two like he was last year.

Old
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Lunacy.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Who do you think this deal favors?
Pens easily. Kings give up their best all around player and one of their core defenseman for a defensive center and a guy who immediately becomes redundant with the guys the Kings have in the pipeline. It weakens the Kings offensively doesnt help them on the back end and strengthens weakness that the Pens have.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
Bernier is good..but he is not on Schnieders level.
I disagree, but at this point I don't think we've seen enough of either of them to really make that judgement. Whether Schnieder is better than Bernier or not is irrelevant. Because either one of them is fine, the kings wouldn't need both. They have enough goalie prospects in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
And i think you read my post wrong..i said that teams dont trade frolovs for other players of similar caliber...your going to get a crap load of youth thats a year away..or a vet..and like i said..L.A is going to be leaning toward the youth direction.
Fair enough, i did misread your post. But that just means I completely disagree with you. LA has a crap load of youth. LA doesn't need a forward who can make the transition to the NHL next year. LA has had 10 rookies play this year, 4 of whom have cemented a spot in the lineup. Of the other 6, 3 are struggling to find a groove and are at that make or break point, and 3 are probably a year away from making an impact. Why would the kings look to acquire more?

Frolov and Brown are arguably the only two players on the team who really make an impact and have played more than 2 seasons. Everyone else is young and trying to find their stride or just a support player. And they're only 26 and 24 respectively. Why would the kings trade Frolov for picks and prospects when what they really need is more players like Frolov?

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:36 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
His value is much higher than what people around here will think they can get him for, one of the most under appreciated guys in the league probably because of where he is playing that he gets no exposure. Put this guy in a bigger market and people would love talking him up all over the place. Just my opinion
Totally right!
If I was the GM of the L.A Kings
I would keep Frolov as a franchise player..
Sadly, I think Fro will get traded..

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:48 PM
LAX attack*

well...

Who would Frolov prevent us from keeping?

O'Sullivan?

Much rather I would have Frolov
Johnson? about equal with Frolov...

Old
01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
He's not a sniper but he's as complete a forward as the Kings have had in the last 15 years.

Here's a little secret: it's well-known throughout the Kings' smarter circle of fans that Frolov will probably not be re-signed for a few reasons. The biggest of which is potential cap trouble when Johnson and Doughty's entry contracts are up this year and the season after next. The Kings' lack a lethal scorer, which could be picked up through free agency, therefore, a player of Frolov's caliber will probably be suited elsewhere where his talents & exploits could be used to their maximum potential.

In short, if Alex is traded, I'd expect it to happen at draft day with the return being something like a top grade forward prospect, a 1st and a high pick in a later draft.
Can i have a link please ???
Or maybe a picture what is the smarter inner circle ???

Frolov is a perfect 2 way forward. Right now the most complete Player we have.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97 View Post
Kings goal scoring woes (28th overall) would be even worse if they traded Frolov (I doubt they get a 35 goal scorer back). Kings offense would be beer league level.
????
Sacramento Kings or who ??????

somethimes i think i should save posts like that for 2-3 years, when the Kings kick *****.
Just to show you what u write in a open source like a hockey forum

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Bandit

Quote:
It's a mystery why he doesn't post more points than he does
Not really. I wouldn't exactly call Simmonds & Handzus pure goal scorers or gifted playmakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I like Frolov but I'm all for trading the guy. What kings need are more speed and toughness without sacrificing offense if possible. We have too many guys like Frolov (Kopi, Handzus, Boyle and Purcell) who are pretty good size but play a soft game and are on the slow side.
You really didn't just compare Frolov to Handzus, Boyle and Purcell did you?

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:57 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Not really. I wouldn't exactly call Simmonds & Handzus pure goal scorers or gifted playmakers.

You really didn't just compare Frolov to Handzus, Boyle and Purcell did you?
This year I mean.
Of course, the whole team is struggling...

Old
01-30-2009, 09:03 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Can i have a link please ???
Or maybe a picture what is the smarter inner circle ???

Frolov is a perfect 2 way forward. Right now the most complete Player we have.

I guess it depends on one's interpertation of a "complete player" because, imo, it's hands down Brownie.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:04 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
[/B]

I guess it depends on one's interpertation of a "complete player" because, imo, it's hands down Brownie.
Frolov is better offensively
and hitting =/= defense

Old
01-30-2009, 09:11 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Frolov is better offensively
and hitting =/= defense
I don't know if I would say Frolov is better offensively. Brownie's a better skater and is faster and shiftier than Frolov. Frolov is tough to knock off the puck but other than that, I would put Brownie as equal to or better than Frolov is almost all offensive categories.

What does "hitting=/= defense mean?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:19 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
I don't know if I would say Frolov is better offensively. Brownie's a better skater and is faster and shiftier than Frolov. Frolov is tough to knock off the puck but other than that, I would put Brownie as equal to or better than Frolov is almost all offensive categories.

oh its just a way that you type up equals not, an equal sign with a slash through it
the point being that Brown is physical, but he is not better defensively... Fro is on the PK.

I feel at least that puck possession and a "head for the game" are the 2 most important offensive traits, both of which Frolov has over Brown IMO

Old
01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Probably because by the time he finishes cycling in the corner he's too tired to shoot! That and he has always had an unwillingness to shoot on the rush.
"If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk". Actually he does get tired after cycling since no one ever goes to the net. He scores all of his goals as garbage put backs -- within a few feet of the net. Any team could use his skills.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 03:04 AM
ukyo

Quote:

No, Frolov is faster, shiftier, is a better stickhandler, has better vision, and now that he's developed a one-timer, even a better shot than Brown. About the only thing that Brown can do better than Frolov offensively is that one between-the-legs move he does coming down left wing, and as far as I know, he has yet to score on that move. Brown is perhaps the technically "better" skater but as long as Frolov gets the job done I don't care how ugly he skates.

The ONLY reason Frolov doesn't put up more points is because he is so useful even in more defensive roles, so he inevitably serves some time on the second or third lines. He'd be over a point per game if he were used exclusively on the first line. However, it does seem that Frolov is not considered part of that core that DL usually refers to, so unfortunately I don't think we will see his offensive potential come to fruition on the Kings. If I were to pick an ideal home for Frolov, it'd be the Wings. Forget the Sedins and Frolov being impossible to take the puck from, it'd be impossible to keep the puck away from Dats and Fro.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsin2010 View Post
wondering what value does Frolov have.. he has one season left before ufa at 4mil.. i know he's consider to be a sniper but realistically what should his price tag be or his trade value be..
To be fun and salary cap plays no role... And this is NHL 09 but reality in some weird sense.

Keith, Kane. 1st, 3rd

for

Frolov, Kopitar, Johnson, 2nd.
Nasty eh?

lol

Imagine if that was a realistic proposal?

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 02:03 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
To be fun and salary cap plays no role... And this is NHL 09 but reality in some weird sense.

Keith, Kane. 1st, 3rd

for

Frolov, Kopitar, Johnson, 2nd.
Nasty eh?

lol

Imagine if that was a realistic proposal?
As good as Kane and Keith are, I'd have to think LA says no to that deal because it would leave them without a #1 center.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote