HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi will get suspended...

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Un Prophete

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi will get suspended...

Looks like they might need rucinsky more and more. I am watching the Avs/Canucks game and Bertuzzi just grabbed Steve Moore from behind, punched him in the face, then face planted him into the ice. Moore was out cold. The announcer just called it the ugliest thing he's ever seen on the ice...worse than mcsorely on brashear...i don't know about that but it was pretty bad.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:57 AM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by -El Duderino-
Looks like they might need rucinsky more and more. I am watching the Avs/Canucks game and Bertuzzi just grabbed Steve Moore from behind, punched him in the face, then face planted him into the ice. Moore was out cold. The announcer just called it the ugliest thing he's ever seen on the ice...worse than mcsorely on brashear...i don't know about that but it was pretty bad.
If that is the case (and I didn't see the play) then Bertuzzi should be suspended for a month (at least) if not part of the playoffs ... I know it won't happen, but the NHL has to start punishing players for intentionally injuring others ... its getting worse and worse, and if this needs to be a statement then so be it ... and I know I'm a Rangers fan, and haven't seen the playoffs in years, but I liked the Nucks, so if he is suspended for the playoffs, it would suck, but that just sounds like outright intent to injure.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
I missed the whole thing, anybody know where I could find the video of this?

Old
03-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Un Prophete

Man they are just going ape over on the vancouver board. Even nuck fans are calling bertuzzi a disgrace to the organization and that he should be released. Just crazy stuff.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Ocelot

Man I just watched what happen that was crazy. I have not seen anything like that in years.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:36 AM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2J129
Man I just watched what happen that was crazy. I have not seen anything like that in years.
Was looking to see it again (to make sure I didn't overreact) do you have a site that has the video???

Old
03-09-2004, 01:53 AM
rickyrod

tsn will probably have the clip, but im sure the site will be overloaded tomorrow...

Old
03-09-2004, 02:32 AM
in the hall

http://www.hockey-fights.com/videos/...uckerPunch.wmv

Old
03-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Fitzlax99

God, that was awful. Does that remind anyone else of Johnson's hit on Beuke? Bertuzzi better get one longass suspension for that.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:16 AM
NYR2

I hadn't seen it happen and I was just reading the response from fans, but now that I saw it I am APPALLED. I hope he can sleep at night, what a f**king disgrace he is. I just lost any respect I had for Bertuzzi, what a scum bag. :mad:

Man, Granato was going NUTS! And freakin Crawford did have a little smirk on his face. :mad: That is DISGUSTING.

That one broadcaster had a good point, if the players (or was it just Bertuzzi?) publicly said that there would be retaliation on Moore, what's going to happen? I hope to God it's a VERYYY long suspension for that pig, if not then there is something seriously wrong with hockey. NO NEED for that in this game, absolutely no need. I'm sick to my stomach after seeing that.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:57 AM
riz

:mad:

Given that this was premeditated and the Canucks team as well as Bertuzzi vowed revenge and insisted that they would get "Moore", it is just plain out one of the worst acts I've seen carried out on the ice. I'd say a lengthy suspension for Bertuzzi, heavy fines on the Canucks and probably a legal case outside the league. This does not belong to hockey...

Old
03-09-2004, 04:14 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
That is a clear cut case of assault. I mean they had a freaking court hearing for McSorely, which I really think he never meant to knock Brashear out, but this...

Sickening, I really hope Moore is ok, Bertuzzi is a ****ing *******!

Old
03-09-2004, 04:16 AM
ap215

What an absolute disgrace bertuzzi did to moore. Totally uncalled for and i hope the NHL gives him a long suspension for what he did. What a jerk.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:04 AM
LondonFan

He should be out of the game. At the very least - 2 year suspension. What a goit. What a complete ****e head! Why go for the head!? This isn't boxing. The guy should be thrown in jail.

Last edited by LondonFan: 03-09-2004 at 05:08 AM. Reason: went away thought about it and now even more angry
Old
03-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
For the love of god, that was horrible.

Hes gunna be gone for awhile...Colin Campbell and the NHL brass have work to do.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:12 AM
L.I.RangerFan

elements of a crime:

intent, motive and opportunity.

Intent is there, as Bertuzzi was making threats to get Moore, chased him around the ice as Moore was retreating and with premeditation punched him and drove his head into the ice, causing serious physical injury with more then likely permanent scarring and disfigurement.

Fits the elements of a crime to me.

Hopefully the Vancouver Police agency looks into this and charges Bertuzzi with assault. The NHL CANNOT condone Bertuzzi's actions and he should be suspended pending the outcome of any criminal action. After the criminal portion is finished, the NHL should make a determination based on psychological evaluations, anger management evaluations and probation/parole reports if it is SAFE to allow him back.

The NHL is obligated to protect the players. Failure to protect is grounds for a lawsuit.

My best wishes go out to Steve Moore, his brother's Dom and Mark and the entire Moore family. May he return to playing the game he loves.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:37 AM
LondonFan

NHL suspends Todd Hanson Git-head Bertuzzi

I'm so annoyed about this. I love the physical side of the game, but allowing it to become a game of mindless violence and bloody vendettas is just crazy.

I used to like Todd.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
elements of a crime:

intent, motive and opportunity.

Intent is there, as Bertuzzi was making threats to get Moore, chased him around the ice as Moore was retreating and with premeditation punched him and drove his head into the ice, causing serious physical injury with more then likely permanent scarring and disfigurement.

Fits the elements of a crime to me.

Hopefully the Vancouver Police agency looks into this and charges Bertuzzi with assault. The NHL CANNOT condone Bertuzzi's actions and he should be suspended pending the outcome of any criminal action. After the criminal portion is finished, the NHL should make a determination based on psychological evaluations, anger management evaluations and probation/parole reports if it is SAFE to allow him back.

The NHL is obligated to protect the players. Failure to protect is grounds for a lawsuit.

My best wishes go out to Steve Moore, his brother's Dom and Mark and the entire Moore family. May he return to playing the game he loves.

Im not that familiar with the Canadian laws but if this would have happened here in Sweden are the following.

First of all for it to be even called asault there need to be an intent to injure and that was clearly the case here.
Second when u participate in sports you have "approved" that there is a chance you being injuried while participating however the injury must be one that lies within the realm possibility of the game, which means that if u would get hit from behind into the boards and suffer a concussion from that you canīt call it asault because when u play hockey you are aware that those sort of things can happen. But when the injury you recieve is because an opposing player first punches you from behind in the head and throws you head first into the ice thatīs not a risk you approve to take while playing hockey there for at least in Sweden this would be a clear cut case of asault or at the very least (Im not sure what the American term for this crim is so you will have to excuse my choice of words) the cause of injury to another persons body.

The main thing is like you said that there was in INTENT to injury and because it was this was a criminal act, at least it would be in Sweden donīt know about the Canadian lawsystem as I stated earlier.

Take Care all and get well Moore!

Old
03-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Jayce

Oh ****, that's AWFUL. :mad: This ******* should never be allowed to come back. Some jail time will do him good.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I can't seem to find any updates on Moore anywhere on the web. Anyone here any news on his condition? Looked like a career ending hit.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I used to like Bertuzzi too, but after that.....man, what was he thinking

I hope Moore isn't seriously hurt, best of luck to him.

I wonder what kind of repercussions this play will set off.....

Old
03-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Pathetic

Just reminds me why I hate the Canucks so much. He should never play another NHL game, at least for as long as Moore is out.

And if he does ever get back on the ice, and I don't like to see anybody injured, but I'll make an exception and wouldn't mind seeing somebody take that dirtbag out.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:15 AM
RFAN

That is about as bush league as you can get. Man Todd if you want to fight a guy keep hooking him until he goes, don't suck punch him and knock him out. Man that's worse then what Matt Johnson did to Jeff. The act of pushing Moores face into the ice after knocking him out means Todds should miss at least the rest of this season plus the playoff and maybe more. He really gave the NHL a black eye and needs to be punished accordingly.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I say Bertuzzi gets 13 games(rest of the reg season) & 7 playoff games.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:57 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I say Bertuzzi gets 13 games(rest of the reg season) & 7 playoff games.
I say he should get the rest of the season and playoffs.

Closed Thread