HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was - Pitt

Old
02-04-2009, 03:37 PM
kmart

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kmart
Was - Pitt

To Pitt:

Oskar Osala
Micheal Nylander
Chris Bourqe

To Was:

1st. round pick
+ short salary dump contract if needed (may P. Boucher ?)

pens lose their first round choice and add a bad contract but on the other site bourqe and osala are young wingers who are nhl ready, should play well with malkin and sid.

capitals add a pick and finally lose nylander.

im not sure about the cap situation in Pittsburgh, of course this will only work if the can add nylander.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

This simply stinks for the Capitals. Whatever his numbers, the Caps are winning with Nylander here all season. After San Jose and Boston, the Caps are neck and neck with Detroit in a battle for third/fourth in the league standings. This isn't a team that needs to make a desperate move to shed salary. Nylander isn't the greatest fit, to be sure; but he's not poison.

You don't give up Osala to orchestrate a salary dump, and the Capitals no longer value draft picks the way they did at one time. Osala is going to be a good player within a year, and Nylander provides Fedorov age-related insurance/depth for the playoff push.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

With Clark going on LTIR, the Capitals no longer are that pressed to move Nylander.

EDIT: Especially not for their most NHL ready forward prospect and the number one left wing prospect in their system.

ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
BrindamoursNose

Yeah that's exactly what the Pens need, another center.

Garbage

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
fancouver

isn't washington contending this year? playoff bound?

why would they dump nylander? i assume he has been part of their success. even if not, he adds depth.

fancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Jaded-Fan

a) The Pens have no cap room. He will still have two more years on his contract at five million per. Of all the teams you would pick for a salary dump, and a center to boot, why be dumb enough to pick the Pens? Do you have any overpriced old offensive defensemen that you can add to the deal and maybe we can work out a package?

b) that first may be a top five pick.

Keep him, and a big fat no from the Pens' perspective.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
FrankM73

given each teams "love" of each other... I think it's safe to say that any trade with them will be a very minor one... and neither team will be sending back any of their blue chip prospects...

having said that... the Caps have the cap space with Clark's season ending injury (ie: he's going to LTIR retroactive to sometime in the begining of Feb) to trade Nylander in a 'hockey' trade for value... not as a salary dump...

as for the trade value... this wouldn't happen even if if we had no cap space AND the team was a western conference team...

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
a) The Pens have no cap room. He will still have two more years on his contract at five million per. Of all the teams you would pick for a salary dump, and a center to boot, why be dumb enough to pick the Pens? Do you have any overpriced old offensive defensemen that you can add to the deal and maybe we can work out a package?

Top 5 pick? What are you smoking.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Top 5 pick? What are you smoking.
They are six points out of a lottery spot right now and have lost 14 of the last 17. I wish it were otherwise, but it is more possible that they end up in the lottery than the playoffs right now.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
They are six points out of a lottery spot right now and have lost 14 of the last 17. I wish it were otherwise, but it is more possible that they end up in the lottery than the playoffs right now.
It will not happen, the Pens will not get to a lottery** spot as long as Malkin/Crosby are playing, especially when Gonchar comes back.

Last edited by BrindamoursNose: 02-04-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old
02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
kmart

Quote:

thats why and i thought osala would be the deal breaker here, since u have no need for prospects, have fun searching proven nhl wingers

Old
02-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
I was off on that by two, they have lost twelve of seventeen, not that it makes it much less horrendous. And still puts the Pens at six points from being in the lottery with every team below them in the standings with less games played.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
thats why and i thought osala would be the deal breaker here, since u have no need for prospects, have fun searching proven nhl wingers
Why be obnoxious when someone legitimately questions how the Pens would add another $5 mil per year center to their team for the next two years. The Pens only have $22 million in the center position already. Why not make it an even $27 million by adding Nylander for the next two years?

Old
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
vcx*

Quote:
To Pitt:

Oskar Osala
Micheal Nylander
Chris Bourqe

To Was:

1st. round pick

pens lose their first round choice and add a bad contract but on the other site bourqe and osala are young wingers who are nhl ready, should play well with malkin and sid.

im not sure about the cap situation in Pittsburgh, of course this will only work if the can add nylander.
No way in hell does Shero add money like that and where would Nylander play? He's not better than Malkin or Crosby and I would rather have those two stay on separate lines. As for Christophe Bourque, pass.

They want the Pens 1st, we want Alex Semin...thus negating a ******** offer.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
This deal just sucks all round.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
kmart

Quote:
Why be obnoxious when someone legitimately questions how the Pens would add another $5 mil per year center to their team for the next two years. The Pens only have $22 million in the center position already. Why not make it an even $27 million by adding Nylander for the next two years?
yes, its a bad contract but i just dont understand how u rather give up on osala, he probably could play his career with malkin and sid as a winger. and you need wingers. may there is some risk in an unproven nhler but to say this and next(4m) year of nylander is not worth of 10+y. with osala is not right.

nyls maybe could play 3. line, i saw staal as a winger a couple of times but i guess this didnt go well.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:49 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
yes, its a bad contract but i just dont understand how u rather give up on osala, he probably could play his career with malkin and sid as a winger. and you need wingers. may there is some risk in an unproven nhler but to say this and next(4m) year of nylander is not worth of 10+y. with osala is not right.

nyls maybe could play 3. line, i saw staal as a winger a couple of times but i guess this didnt go well.
The Pens will get a better prospect than Osala with that pick, though. They have absolutely no reason to make this move.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

It is basically $5 mil per year. $4.85 mil per.

The Pens will not add that kind of salary at the center position. They are also a terrible candidate for a salary dump regarding any position.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:51 PM
vcx*

Quote:
It is basically $5 mil per year. $4.85 mil per.

The Pens will not add that kind of salary at the center position. They are also a terrible candidate for a salary dump regarding any position.
The only way I see the Pens taking on a Salary dump is if another team wants a rental in Gill, Boucher, Satan or Fedo and the salaries match up for their UFA dump off. Of course in that situation they would have to give more just for getting rid of that guy and getting something they need in a rental.

So if someone wants Gill and Satan, they give us a player of equal salary and a UFA but give a 2nd or 3rd and a prospect, I am down for that.

I'm bored.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
The only way I see the Pens taking on a Salary dump is if another team wants a rental in Gill, Boucher, Satan or Fedo and the salaries match up for their UFA dump off. Of course in that situation they would have to give more just for getting rid of that guy and getting something they need in a rental.

So if someone wants Gill and Satan, they give us a player of equal salary and a UFA but give a 2nd or 3rd and a prospect, I am down for that.

I'm bored.
It is not just for the rest of this year but for the next two that Nylander gets basically $5 mil per year. Boucher, Satan and Fedo are gone in 30 games.

Old
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Gooch

LOL this is def one of the more awful trade proposals I have seen in a while. There is no level whatsoever where this makes any sense.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
EroCaps

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:06 PM
vcx*

Quote:
It is not just for the rest of this year but for the next two that Nylander gets basically $5 mil per year. Boucher, Satan and Fedo are gone in 30 games.
Yeah I wasn't talking about Nylander, I was talking about any salary dump the Pens take on, sort of off topic from the trade proposal.

At this point, it's not a matter of if, but when, for being out of the playoffs. To get 40 or more points in the last stretch is impossible for the way this team plays. Unless Gonch comes back next week and it happens...then it's...

Old
02-04-2009, 06:28 PM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
To Pitt:

Oskar Osala
Micheal Nylander
Chris Bourqe

To Was:

1st. round pick

Wow, this is a pretty awful trade from the Caps perspective. Osala's going to be a stud and we would be forking him over for just a 1st rounder?

Bah...

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote