HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philly moves??

Old
01-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 500
Philly moves??

Interested to see what people think of these moves. obviously wont happen b/c this many trades by one team usually dont go down. but here it goes.

Philly and Clb/or other team
Jones for 2nd or 3rd
Has been talk that some team would be interested

Philly and Ott
Nodl 3rd for Vermette
Posted on Ott board and they felt this would do, they prefered a 2nd thou.

Philly and Team
Metropolit for 3rd
If we get a solid third center metro seems to have lossed his spot and his salary would be best used else where especially since his contract is for next year also.

Philly and Nas
Lupul Goalie 3rd for Hamhuis Ellis
Gives Nas goal scorer and pick plus replacement goalie thru season, Philly gets a solid dman and a goalie with a chance to earn a starting job and i think he is very capable especially in front of our new d corp. obviously everyone including myself would prefer a true number one no questions ask but outside of Backstrom there isnt much available. Anything after Backstrom or Ellis would be goalies that have the potential and are just not there yet such as Lehtonen, Schneider, Hiller would be of interest but who knows if theres any chance to acquire him.

After these possible moves the lines would like this

Gagne Richards Knuble
Hartnell Carter Briere
Upshall Vermette Giroux
Gratton Powe Asham

Timmonen Coburn
Hamhuis Carle
Vananen Parent/Alberts

Ellis
Nitty/Biron

Try to remember Im just curious what you think of the trades. its obviously very doubtful all these moves could go down. what do you think about each trade and how the roster looks after these moves.

Flameaway!!

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Hubey1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
Interested to see what people think of these moves. obviously wont happen b/c this many trades by one team usually dont go down. but here it goes.

Philly and Clb/or other team
Jones for 2nd or 3rd
Has been talk that some team would be interested

Philly and Ott
Nodl 3rd for Vermette
Posted on Ott board and they felt this would do, they prefered a 2nd thou.

Philly and Team
Metropolit for 3rd
If we get a solid third center metro seems to have lossed his spot and his salary would be best used else where especially since his contract is for next year also.

Philly and Nas
Lupul Goalie 3rd for Hamhuis Ellis
Gives Nas goal scorer and pick plus replacement goalie thru season, Philly gets a solid dman and a goalie with a chance to earn a starting job and i think he is very capable especially in front of our new d corp. obviously everyone including myself would prefer a true number one no questions ask but outside of Backstrom there isnt much available. Anything after Backstrom or Ellis would be goalies that have the potential and are just not there yet such as Lehtonen, Schneider, Hiller would be of interest but who knows if theres any chance to acquire him.

After these possible moves the lines would like this

Gagne Richards Knuble
Hartnell Carter Briere
Upshall Vermette Giroux
Gratton Powe Asham

Timmonen Coburn
Hamhuis Carle
Vananen Parent/Alberts

Ellis
Nitty/Biron

Try to remember Im just curious what you think of the trades. its obviously very doubtful all these moves could go down. what do you think about each trade and how the roster looks after these moves.

Flameaway!!
theres fifty other threads about this, you just wanted to see your name on the thread started by:

Hubey1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Mike Richards 18

Very productive answer from a ROOKIE so basically your words mean very little.

Old
01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
So many new ****in threads. God damn.

Anyway, I only like one of your moves, the Jones to Columbus one. Other then that the rest dont make sense.

Trading Metro is dumb, even though he isnt great, he also doesnt suck, plus he's cheap.

And Id like to get Hamhuis, but trading for Ellis IMO is stuid as well. Biron is fine.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
LOL, we're bringing the Dan Ellis debate to this board now? You want him to be a starter here? He's a backup for a team that's probably not going to make the playoffs, what do we want him for?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Mike Richards 18

If we were able to acquire Vermette or a good third line center. why is trading Metro and his salary a dumb idea?? Having him on the fourth line is a waste of salary space. Powe although unexpierenced would be better and more effective then Metro. He falls down all the time and is just to small. he needs to have better skills to be effective for his sive.

Old
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
So many new ****in threads. God damn.

Anyway, I only like one of your moves, the Jones to Columbus one. Other then that the rest dont make sense.

Trading Metro is dumb, even though he isnt great, he also doesnt suck, plus he's cheap.

And Id like to get Hamhuis, but trading for Ellis IMO is stuid as well. Biron is fine.
I like the Jones move, I like a Lupul for Hamhuis move, assuming Briere is back, but Ellis is not an upgrade on either of our goalies so that is a waste in my opinion.

I can care less about Metro....Powe is playing ahead of him at the moment.

Not sure about the Nodl for Vermette move. If we get a new third line center I rather someone a little bigger and a little more nasty than Vermette....I think he is more of a 2nd line guy that just isnt playing at that level at the moment.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

I'd love to bring in Hamhuis...I think he will end up being better than Coburn in the long run, and it would be fantastic to have both. Not all that interested in Ellis, kinda seems like a lateral move, and something that just wouldn't happen.

Unloading Jones is cool with me, however, Metro is not...I don't understand all the hate for him on this board. He is solid defensively and can hold his own on the offensive end...nothing special offensively, but who needs that when you have the forward depth that we have. Vermette I think would be a great addition cause he is a great faceoff guy, and would be a good replacement for Metro, however, I just don't see this many trades going down to get to this point.

BTW when is the trade deadline?

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
If we were able to acquire Vermette or a good third line center. why is trading Metro and his salary a dumb idea?? Having him on the fourth line is a waste of salary space. Powe although unexpierenced would be better and more effective then Metro. He falls down all the time and is just to small. he needs to have better skills to be effective for his sive.
Having Metro on the 4th line is not a waste of space. He is a 4th line center, I said this from the beginning of the season. He is miscast as a fulltime 3rd line center as we can see by his 1 goal this year.

I dont object to playing someone like Powe instead of him on the 4th line if we had a better third liner, but I think too many people really overrated Metro when he came here.

Old
01-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Mike Richards 18

Ellis is a very solid goalie he played very well last season and this year Rinne has pasted him up. Ellis being a back up in nashville is no reason to doubt his skill level. Nashville has had trouble scoring goals and thats why there havent been winning. its hard for Ellis to get playing time when Rinne has been playing very solid hockey and mistake free. there is a risk with every trade and some you win and some you lose trading for Ellis really sems like it a winner.

Old
Hubey1327

Quote:
being a rookie poster just means i have a life outside of the flyers

Old
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
I'd love to bring in Hamhuis...I think he will end up being better than Coburn in the long run, and it would be fantastic to have both. Not all that interested in Ellis, kinda seems like a lateral move, and something that just wouldn't happen.

Unloading Jones is cool with me, however, Metro is not...I don't understand all the hate for him on this board. He is solid defensively and can hold his own on the offensive end...nothing special offensively, but who needs that when you have the forward depth that we have. Vermette I think would be a great addition cause he is a great faceoff guy, and would be a good replacement for Metro, however, I just don't see this many trades going down to get to this point.

Hamhuis is already 26, what makes you think he is going to get that much better and be better than Coburn who is only 23?

Old
01-30-2009, 10:51 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubey1327 View Post
No it just means you are a rookie poster.....I dont agree with the whole bashing of rookies but keep in mind rookie posters that act arrogant dont last very long though so be careful

Old
01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I like the Jones move, I like a Lupul for Hamhuis move, assuming Briere is back, but Ellis is not an upgrade on either of our goalies so that is a waste in my opinion.

I can care less about Metro....Powe is playing ahead of him at the moment.

Not sure about the Nodl for Vermette move. If we get a new third line center I rather someone a little bigger and a little more nasty than Vermette....I think he is more of a 2nd line guy that just isnt playing at that level at the moment.

I agree on Vermette id love Fisher on our team his still is Flyers hockey but his salary was just to high for the flyers and there isnt much available for solid physical third line center.

Old
ELab2

Quote:
moron.... just because he hasn't poster here long doesn't make him dumb, for all you know he could coach junior-b hockey or some ****.

how can you possibly assume he knows less then you when you think Ellis is an improvement over either one of our goaltenders. LOOK AT HIS NUMBERS!!!! Lots of goalies have one great year and the fade into average or worse

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mikedifr

Quote:
Ellis is a very solid goalie he played very well last season and this year Rinne has pasted him up. Ellis being a back up in nashville is no reason to doubt his skill level. Nashville has had trouble scoring goals and thats why there havent been winning. its hard for Ellis to get playing time when Rinne has been playing very solid hockey and mistake free. there is a risk with every trade and some you win and some you lose trading for Ellis really sems like it a winner.
Exactly. Ellis is a very solid goalie. So is Biron. It isnt much of an upgrade if any at all.....If you want to trade Nitty for him go right ahead, I could care less other than the cap impact.

Old
01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
I agree on Vermette id love Fisher on our team his still is Flyers hockey but his salary was just to high for the flyers and there isnt much available for solid physical third line center.
I agree....To me that is one of the problems with Ottawa, they paid Fisher like a top 6 player when I am not sure he really is....He should be the 3rd line center.

Swap Briere for Fisher

Old
01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Lab Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubey1327 View Post
that is not necessarily a good thing.

Flyers rule my life

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:

MARCH 4th

Old
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
moron.... just because he hasn't poster here long doesn't make him dumb, for all you know he could coach junior-b hockey or some ****.

how can you possibly assume he knows less then you when you think Ellis is an improvement over either one of our goaltenders. LOOK AT HIS NUMBERS!!!! Lots of goalies have one great year and the fade into average or worse
That has happened to several goalies here alone

Soderstrom
Boucher
Esche
Chechmanek

Old
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Hubey1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post

thank you, ellis is a backup goaltender not a starter and if you think he is better than we have you do not deserve to make a thread proposing that.

and if that other guy thinks im arrogant than you obviously dont understand that i was pointing out that this guy made this proposal for no reason because ellis is not worth a trade for

Old
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Hamhuis is already 26, what makes you think he is going to get that much better and be better than Coburn who is only 23?
A couple of reasons:

Cause I think that he is better than Coburn right now, especially this year, and even last year when Hamhuis pretty much carried the workload of the Nashville defense (Suter and Weber were still emerging).

Defenders take longer to develop, so I don't see any reason why a 26 year old defender couldn't still improve.

Put Hamhuis on our team with our offense, and he is going to put up big numbers...bigger numbers than Coburn IMO.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
I agree....To me that is one of the problems with Ottawa, they paid Fisher like a top 6 player when I am not sure he really is....He should be the 3rd line center.

Swap Briere for Fisher

as much as i like Fishers game 4mil is just more then we should pay a Third line center and if you trade Briere we need to keep Lupul otherwise unless Giroux is ready there would be a whole on the second line wing.

Old
01-30-2009, 11:01 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
A couple of reasons:

Cause I think that he is better than Coburn right now, especially this year, and even last year when Hamhuis pretty much carried the workload of the Nashville defense (Suter and Weber were still emerging).

Defenders take longer to develop, so I don't see any reason why a 26 year old defender couldn't still improve.

Put Hamhuis on our team with our offense, and he is going to put up big numbers...bigger numbers than Coburn IMO.

It would make perfect sense that he is better than Coburn right now. He has had 5 full seasons in the NHL vs. Coburn's 1. Yes, dmen take longer to develop, usually 4-5 full seasons, and they usually hit their potential at 26/27 years old. Hamhuis is there. Coburn has 3-4 years until he is there.

You act like Hamhuis has been playing with slop in the NHL....Nashville has always had a very good defense and been a very good team over the last few years. I dont see him getting much better than he is now. That isnt a negative at all, he is still a very good 2nd pairing dman, possibly a top 2 on a lesser team, but I dont see him being much better than Coburn now, especially not in when Coburn is 26

He certainly wasnt better than Coburn last year. Coburn was playing great when Hatcher was his partner for god sake

Old
01-30-2009, 11:03 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
as much as i like Fishers game 4mil is just more then we should pay a Third line center and if you trade Briere we need to keep Lupul otherwise unless Giroux is ready there would be a whole on the second line wing.
I know...I was kidding.